1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

girlfriends and your dolls

Jan 4, 2007

1. I think it's great when guys collect dolls or at least think that they're neat. I tend to surround myself with nice guys, so i've always gotten really positive reactions from them (even the uber manly ones).
      My brother use to think that they were really creepy and preverted (cause the guy dolls have manly bits) but now he likes them, (although he wont admit it..but I forgive him since he's 15) and has made little stop-motion movies starring my dolls :)
      I think more guys should get into this hobby, straight or gay!

2. I think it would be awesome to find a boyfriend who was into the whole doll scene. That would be something that would bring you that much closer to them, as it's something you could enjoy together. : )

P.S. If anyone knows of a guy who collects bjds AND is obsessed with horror movies, I'm going to stalk and/or kidnap him : P

3. I'm a girl, but I typically get my girlfriends into dolls as well, if they aren't into it already.... Sometimes I'll look sideways at a guy if they own dolls like these, but only because of some of the uses I've seen the dolls being used for. Very much more common, though, the guys are the life of the party :lol:

4. says my girlfriend: "He's mostly cute...once he got clothes...and hair...but before that he was creepy as crap."

She also hates how much time I spend on this forum and how much time I waste looking at other dolls and lusting after them, lol

5. My husband has always appreciated my Pullips, and even bought three of his own. Now that I have a BJD, he already has the one he wants picked out, complete with character and everything. :)

I think it's so cute! I love it. I'm only sad to say that I got jealous of his first choice (a cute girl) so he changed his mind to a boy instead. :sweat (I am the SUPER JEALOUS type. It's pathetic.)

6. After reading around for a while in here... I am a little disappointed in a few people.
      "Men collecting dolls are gay"
      I can't say much because I am a bisexual... but seriously... No.
      Most men only collect FEMALE dolls for a reason... the same reason they collect hentai figures and posters on anime girls-- chicks are hot, fun to look at and it's really cool to be able to customize their perfect chick...
      But that whole ridiculousness aside: Is it weird for guys to play WOW, Everquest, The Sims, Gaia Online, or even Halo-- all games where you can customize your character... that's what dolls are for! That's the only reason I play the Sims and Gaia... and the only reason I got Artemis...

Also... Girls who want so badly to meet a male doll owner... *raises hand* you can ALL talk to me... ha ha.

7. That's because Shiro is all kinds of awesomeness :D

8. I'd clap and hug him and be happy because that is what I dream for xD

9. Hahaha you sure there's enough of you to go around? :)

10. Oh Jesus... what have I gotten myself into. *gazes hesitantly at girlfriend looming over shoulder*

11. I have a girlfriend.. and I am a girl. Do i count? My girlfriend hated BJDs at first. She always told me to shut up about obsessing... untill she saw a chiwoo and that completely changed her mind.. >< now she's moved on and wants a ducan. So yeah.. im happy she now loves and supports my hobby.

12. When I had a girlfriend she liked them!

Now I have a boyfriend who plays with mine.

""""Men collecting dolls are gay".""""

Its true probably a lot of people would think this, as its hammered into people from youth that girls play with dolls and boys play with well, cars? I dunno. Action Man is kinda a doll though.....

I am bisexual. So its hard to comment on this comment.

13. I think it would be cool as I'd like a boyfriend with same interests as I do. But for the girls who don't know anything about BJDs it could be pretty creepy.

14. Any person should be allowed to appreciate whatever they want, regardless of gender, age, etc, or what it IS they appreciate.
      Nothing should be specified, or for one gender only.
      That's just stupid.

I think it's awesome that both genders can participate in things, and should more often.
      Men being frowned upon for collecting dolls is like women who were frowned upon for liking to play sports.
      It's just.. prejudice? It's a stereotype that people somehow turn into some kind of twisted-logic fact that (over the years of people agreeing with them) certain things are only for certain genders/races, etc.

I'm all for it. <3

15. Hmm. I think it might be weird to have a BF who is squealing over BJDs as much as me but... guys in general it's pretty cool. Nice to see some guys aren't all proud and aren't afraid to have a doll hobby.

16. -jumps on this bandwagon-
      I've read a lot about male doll owners that typically collect female dolls and I have actually met one. ^_^; However! My boyfriend has decided that he too wants his own doll one day and he chose a Soom Spinel. In my opinion, it's one of the most masculine molds on dolls and my guy has no gay or bisexual tendencies AT ALL. He still gets a little twitchy when my gay best friend gives him a hard time and touches him for the freak-out factor. XD

In any event...even if guys do own a male doll, I don't think that factors in as them having homosexual tendencies. I think my guy chose that doll (which is complete with character) to reflect his masculinity. XD I love the fact that he appreciates my dolls and will even play with them once in awhile. ^_^;

17. Oddly girls I have met and told about owning dolls have found it to be very freakish, whilst when I tell other guys they think its cool!
      Even in the bjd community I have had girls think I am a total freak for being a guy who owns dolls, which is very odd. But of course there are some which think its great :)
      My girlfriend loves bjds and loves being with someone who she can play with dolls with of course ;)
      As for the sexuality angle, Im open minded that way and dont think its anything to do with it. My gay friends equally think its weird and cool. I used to have all male dolls but have gone onto girl dolls as I like dressing them in funky clothes and find male dolls alittle boring for me. Im also not into cross dressing dolls.

18. please delete post

19. Being a female-to-male transexual... I've been able to see things from both angles. ^^;

When I identified as a girl, my boyfriend at the time was intrigued by my Ducan and would actually pose him as well to help me with photography. Other guys seemed to shrug and not mind after getting over the expense factor, kind of a "to each their own" notion, as they had their own obsessive hobbies.

Now identifying as a male, my current girlfriend is fascinated with all of them, save the newest boy to my collection. She claims that HE is jealous of HER. O.o; I seem to get more of a response from female friends who adore them. Male friends still don't seem to mind one way or the other, and I don't take them outside as much as I used to so no opinions from the general public to share.

With the majority of people here on this thread, I believe that a hobby is a hobby, and that either gender can partake of it, regardless of what it is. ^_^

20. please delete post