1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Girls Loving Girls

Nov 9, 2007

1. Perhaps there is, I can't say I've held a poll or the like.
      As I said in my first post in the thread I do agree, a good story is far more interesting than having a gay character for the sake of having a gay character, because it's risqué. Which unfortunatly I think some people do which to be honest is boring as hell to read/look at, just like hetro or lesbian couples can be. I honestly don't think a couples sexuality matters if the photos or story or what ever is actually interesting.

2. My girl is shipping and I'm saving for her girlfriend. (I'd planned on one doll, yeah, but then she tells me about how whole she felt just looking into Ema's eyes and how empty she feels now that she doesn't even know if Ema's alive...) I'm a bisexual female and while I like some yaoi/shounen-ai, I'm much more into yuri/shoujo-ai.

(I promise photostories once they get here...;) )

3. There are those that also might view male/male material as awkward as well. That being said, is that really a reason to not post it? Many post male/male knowing well that some don't like it, and it isn't like they get flamed for it.

Those that do not wish to partake, just don't. So why would it be a problem to post the female/female material? If they don't like it, good for them. They can find other material to look at.

They may find it awkward, but it isn't like it's being force fed down their throats.

4. @River-Well...I guess maybe I'm not wrong then? I don't know. That's a good point as well. That is, that the couples sexuality shouldn't matter as long as it's interesting.

@SomnambulistIn With Shin- I never said it wasn't wrong to post it, in fact, I said I wanted to see more of it on the boards, I didn't say that users who feel awkward with it had to look at it, or comment on it. All I was saying is that some users feel uncomfortable with girlxgirl, I didn't say what they should do about it, whether they ignore it and mind their business or comment on it.

5. Well, there is somewhat of a discussion related to this in the debate forum about objectifying men. I really do think it has a LOT to do with that. Because Yuri is seen commonly as a taboo or erotic thing by many girls. I'm not sure why, though I suppose it'd be the common "Oh! Lesbians kissing!" and similar sexual infatuation SOME (emphasis here, my own boyfriend hates it) men seem to have that puts a sour note on it.

However somehow, yaoi has no evil connotations to it. I have never understood this.. Objectification isn't more acceptable for either sex. Yes, technically any doll relationship is only for the owners satisfaction, but it seems that yaoi relationships get.. well.. grittier or dirtier somehow. So typically I don't read them, or any relationship photostory really.

That's just my opinion though and as I have said in many other places it's your hobby experience do what you wish with it! :) Even if things get too steamy for DoA there are many livejournal communities you could post to, some meant just for 'taboo' content. Have fun with your hobby, because what else are hobbies for?

6. It would be nice to see some girls with girls. I"m not saying its a must or that boys and boys are bad but it would be nice to have a change of scenery x3. But I prefer for the dolls to develop like you are planning. Everyone can post what they like as long as its tasteful. I would love to see some x3.

7. I was basically just saying that they'll be fine. Guess that post might've sounded like an attack, *_* sorries. I really shouldn't post when I just wake up :XD:

8. I'd love you forever if you'd do girl girl stuff :aheartbea

I think most of it is because we seem to attract more Yaoi fangirls here and less people interested in yuri, hence less yuri. Though, quite honestly, I do plan to have a yuri couple here sooner or later :)

9. While there are going to be no "offical" same sex couples, I will admit my girls will have OOC "experiment" time just cause it gives me a chance to explore a road I don't often go down with stories. Although techincally Asuka and Seiya have done a bit of light kissing, but it hard explaining why I have Seiya the way he is (I use anime version of his character, not manga). But I could always explain that at a meet up lol.:sweat

I wish there was more girlxgirl stuff tho. Even on con doll tons and tons of yaoi and hardly any yuri. Makes me sad sometimes. The yuri stuff can be so wonderful. I will admit I am far more comfortable looking at yuri than yaoi, and I'm a straight woman ^^

10. No, I'm sorry. I shouldn't be so quick to become defensive. ^_^;;;;;

And here I am saying I don't like to make an arse out of myself. >_>;;;

11. hmm now someone mentioned the majority of girls here being heterosexual i guess it makes sense as to why theres so much yaoi. though im a hetero girl and dont like yaoi in the slightest...but thats a whole other debate ^.^;

i do agree it doesnt matter what sexual orientation the couple has so long as its an interesting shoot/story, but it would be nice to have a little variety ^.^;;

12. WOW! I have never made a post that has so much response before. I am amazed at all of your comments and feelings on the subject.
      I promise if I do this it will be in good taste, if nothing else the story comes first and their personalities will be second. I want to show them as smart, strong and supportive of each other and the situation I am putting them in. I have decided and have a buyer for my main male character in the storyline so he will be out of the picture in say 2 months tops. The 2 girls will arrive I hope by Thanksgiving and the one male I also need for storyline I hope will arrive soon after if not around same time. Once I get the story going introducing each one then can get the girls story going and work the main male out so he can be packed away for his new owner.
      The girls will be having to be caring for 3 children as main male is care taker of one child due to fact he created her and not in the traditional sense he made her from a ladybug. Also another child is to appear soon and he will be some how responsible for her as well. So with his departure these two will need care givers as well as my little boy who has become quite attached to the male. So the trauma of main male departing will mean these ladies have to step in and form a unique family with 2 male friends to help when needed. It's long and complicated but due to fact this storyline will go over maybe better here then other site I belong to will mean I will be posting pic stories more here and I would like in advance to say my pics are not as good as most of the ones I see here, but with practice I hope they will get better.
      Again thanks for all the feedback on this and I promise the pics and storyline will be in good taste. May even have to start website so back stories can be posted for reference.

13. I think its because with girl dolls.. people see "innosence". And wouldnt want to couple them up with anyone. Not even boy dolls. I mean ofcourse it happens a lot. But... I hope you people get my point and I'm not too vague @_@

14. To an extent that might be true, with my first girl I never intended her to have a boyfriend, like she's so innocent there isn't a boy around 'good' enough for her in my eyes, I'd be way over protective...So it makes sense she start dating my other girl lol but at least I know Kit so i know they go well together.

15. This debate ALWAYS seems to come up, wherever you might rome. So in that respect, I'm gonna stay right out of it. I've said it all before, and I can't be bothered XD

So, moving on to the bit I think is more interesting... my main couple is a Girl/Girl couple - well, they're my main romantic focus, in any case. But ultimately, sexuality is in the background of the story - the characters are far more important.

Besides, I love my girls ^_^ They're so sexy and strong.

16. I recommend "Between Women: Friendship, Desire, and Marriage in Victorian England" It's great information of female relationships in the victorian era. I quite enjoy this sort of romance and I believe it's how i'd have my dolls fall in love should I walk that path.

In short it still makes for good reference material about women in victorian era and their relationships~

I'd probably go for a more Maud and Susan from "Fingersmith" if I were to do that kind of romance seems exciting two people from two different worlds meeting and falling in love~

17. Aww thank you raven, that really means a lot to me. ;~~;

I didn't notice this thread til just now, but if anyone's still interested here are my main girl-girl photo stories/shoots:
      http://www.denofangels.com/forums/showthread.php?t=119138
      http://www.denofangels.com/forums/showthread.php?t=130433
      http://www.denofangels.com/forums/showthread.php?t=151230 (some nudity)
      http://www.denofangels.com/forums/showthread.php?t=171752 (kissing)

:)

18. I agree with Sher on the first page. I'm a girl and I am not into yaoi either >__> I don't think there is anything wrong with it but I'm just not interested in it myself. I would also like to see more girlxgirl couples. I have seen some but not many so if you want your doll girls to be in love, go ahead! They would be most welcome :D

I am actually thinking about making my Unoas into a couple. But I think I'll keep them on the 'friends'-level for a while before i go any further..

19. animemom- please go for it. I know the prevalence of yaoi fans here makes it seem like there are no members who like girl/girl pairings, but there are some of us out here. ^_~

My Lishe and Soo are actually a lesbian couple (well...were...it's complicated, haha). Here is a photostory that I did with them.

As far as how far you can push it with regards to sexuality, I think you can go as far as anyone does with yaoi things- basically, suggestive photos but not obviously all-out sex. That's why Condoll exists. xD I'm one of the few Condoll users who actually posts lesbian photoshoots- male/male stuff dominates there, as well.

I also agree that it's better when the focus is on the story, not the sexuality. I think there are too many characters who are "gay" and really not much more developed than that. I think it ends up playing into stereotypes, too.

That's my two cents! :] hope it helped.

20. ainotorikomi- I liked your photostory!

As for the topic, I had a girl/girl couple, but I sold both of the dolls :( I am excited to see more girl/girl stuff, but digging it out of the mish mosh of the gallery here is what prevents me from seeing most of anything that comes out of this forum at all :..(