1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Girls Loving Girls

Nov 9, 2007

1. I'm not trying to be controversial, but I personally think that being gay is much more 'fashionable' in our society than being lesbian...

</$0.02>

2. I've often wondered why there are so few (I don't think I've seen any photos of them myself) girls in love with each other though there are tons of boys portrayed on this site, especially since a majority of doll collectors are women, and not all of them are perfectly straight themselves. Maybe it's 'safer' to portray guys with guys than to depict a relationship that, though it reflects yourself, also might open you up to discrimination. Pretty much all the girls I know find guys with guys appealing, whether they are straight or not, because it's more acceptable for them to appreciate guys, even gay guys, because they are girls, than it is for them to admit that they also find gals with gals appealing.

Eh. I wrote a lot of stuff that doesn't necessarily make sense. I'm not going to be offended or feel attacked if people disagree with me.

I think that molly381 is on to something, though.

Edit upon reading more of the thread: I think the assertion that boy dolls are more collected than girl dolls makes sense, but I wonder why exactly this is? Perhaps it seems less childlike to play with boy dolls, if you're a woman?

3. I think it goes back to a lot of momen are attracted to guys, and therefore tend to buy handsom guy dolls (though there will always be exceptions)--and there are a lot of handsom guy dolls out there in bjd land, much more so it seems than in other types of dolls.

Oddly enough, when I first got into the hobby I found a lot of girl dolls (especially the more mature looking ones) to be kind of intimidating. I'm not sure why, because in real life I'm probably more likely to make friends with other women rather than men. I used to be worried that I wouldn't be able to bond with a glrl. That's completely changed now, and I have several girls that I love dearly. I also find that while I love yaoi, the stories have become more important to me than just doing naughty photoshoots for the heck of it. So while I started with two guys specifically to be a yaoi pairing, that no longer dictates who I choose to buy.

4. I guess that makes sense. I also dislike a lot of women, but overall, I prefer girls, because I know what it's like to be a girl, and feel I can more easily play with a girl doll than a guy doll, as long as it's a girl I like.

I do think a lot of the guy dolls are attractive, but not in quite the right ways for me to really want to get them. I think a lot of the boy tinies are much cuter than the older dolls, so I suppose I'm not really buying because of sexy dolls, but just cute dolls. I wish I had some sexy dolls, though. I keep waiting for female sculpts with more hips and a well defined waist.

5. I agree with alot of things that people have said here.

It is so rare to find "girl love" anywhere, and it seems whenever I do, it's always very.... dirty ^^; For lack of better words. It's rare to find purely fluffy and sweet stuff :sweat

I just recently did a photoshoot with my two girls, not because I wanted something different, but because I let them chose their poses. I really didn't intend for the shoot to turn in that direction, but it did, and I am happy all the same ^_~*

Here's the link if anyone is interested :sweat

http://www.denofangels.com/forums/showthread.php?t=177172

6. just do what you love best :D!
      the dolls are for our enjoyment, and i personally think somthing different is always good! and this is coming from someone is isnt into yaoi or yuri too much.. i think its cause these dolls are just soo beautiful, it doesnt really mater to me :D so just have fun and enjoy your dolls friend ^.^

7. I personally like girlxgirl better, partly because boyxboy is far more popular/common. Most of my girls like girls, too. I'm on the lookout for more photos like yours, Yunabug. :)

8. OK I guess this topic has come to form a life of it's own. I was just thinking for the sake of the story comes first that my two girls if I do this will be supportive of each other and the family that will be under their care. I have 2 main girls one a model size and one SD size. They will be caring for 1 boy and 1 girl as well as have 2 male friends who will come to them from time to time. Other then hugs, and holding hands no sexual contact will be seen in the stories. How people look at their relationship is not under my control. To me they will just be very good friends that must draw strength from each other in times of dealing with a child and a tween. The males will just be friends, nothing more. I am lame at romance writing. I tend to go for the laughs. Thank you all I had no idea this topic would go this far. Most of mine have either been removed or laid like a lame duck. Thanks for all the comments, feedback and suggestions. MK

9. It is rather a hot topic. But it's good that you started it, and it's been nice hearing about how other people have worked their relationships in.

10. I'm glad you started this topic, especially since people have posted links to beautiful girlxgirl photoshoots.

I'd love to see how your story turns out, when you take photos.

11. I love girl x girl. But as I don't plan on any girl dolls, I just have a boy with hope for a boy x boy couple. I keep the girl loving for me hehe

12. I love girl to girl couple...I hope in future there will be more Yuri stuff..

13. So do I. *fingers crossed!*

14. yeah my fingers are crossed too ! ^_^

15. I love to see Yuri stuff. I'm very into different types of couples, whether it be yaoi, het, yuri, or just different couple dynamics. It's just interesting. I had tentative plans to make one of my girls prefer other girls... but I wasn't sure, and then she ended up choosing one of my friend's boy dolls suddenly and that clinched her as very much straight. Otherwise I have a pretty varied range of couplings. I like romance of ALL kinds soooooo much. And if it's always traditional role het, or the standard yaoi couple, it just gets dull. I've always gotta find sweet stories with fresh characters and dynamics to keep my romance palate appeased!

16. I'm out searching for the perfect girlfriend for my Kumo.. (girl). ^^' Then there will be fluff <3 xD I always wanted to have a lesbian couple, since I love the aesthetics of the female body so much more than a male body (females have such lovely curves <33). Buut maybe it has something to do with me being more attracted to girls as well ^^ x)

Overall I think that just as boys often find lesbians really hot, girl finds gay men hot too. Because if you're attracted by men, then two men must be better than one man and one woman, right? ;3 And there's also something unreachable with gay men for a girl, that I also think adds to the appeal. Since there are many girls in this hobby, I think that's maybe part of why m/m couples are much more popular than f/f couples. (there are many other reasons too, of course, already mentioned here.. ^^)

17. I also think that since a high number bjd owners are female, and straight there is a lot of yaoi on the boards. Two boys together is like a young girl's fantasy.

It's a bit strange to me just how MANY dolls are homosexual. It's so disproportionate from real life. There will be like the token straight couple every here and there. lol (or maybe the yaoi fans are just more active in posting photostories and such?)

18. Frankly, I've always been a fan of boyxboy, and in the last few years, girlxgirl too. :) I've always found that romance to be far more... smooth. And boy love is so much more intense. I just love it. For dolls, writing, artwork, and myself. :D

I've tried to get about getting myself two girls - I have one, and another's on her way!

19. It's probably been said over a billion times, but I felt like posting it anyway.
      I believe 90% of the poeple here are female and most females love two guys together... Just because they (and I) believe its cute (and perhaps a secret want to have 2 boys loving you and eachother...

20. I suppose, as one of the lesbians on the forum, I should weigh in with my perspective. I actually like yaoi and tend to avoid yuri. Why? Because yaoi features the "androgynous" bodies that I prefer; yuri characters are inevitably too feminine (though I have a soft spot for Utena/Anthy and Integra/Seras :kitty1). Yaoi characters, no matter how much they may stick to roles, are nonetheless social equals; I don't have to deal with sexism to enjoy yaoi sexuality, if that makes sense. Yuri is usually a male fantasy of lesbianism, which is usually laughably wide off the mark even when it doesn't include a G/G/B threesome or an "experimenter" who goes back to men at the end, yawn. Knowing that the images I'm looking at of women together were intended for the titillation of men is...icky, I'm sorry (I have talked with gay men about yaoi; they found it amusing, not demeaning, though they pointed out the seme/uke thing is kind of obsolete). However, if I found yuri that didn't suspend my disbelief from the top of the Empire State Building and featured strong, realistic females IN LOVE instead of just in heat (though it can be really hot, I wouldn't mind), I'd be thrilled!

Animemom, go for it and enjoy your characters in your storyline, regardless of what we think. My opinion, and that of everyone else in this thread, doesn't matter in the long run. Your satisfaction with your dolls is the bottom line.