1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Girls or Boys and are you Male or Female?

Jun 19, 2009

?
  1. Female and prefer Girls

2. Female and prefer Boys

3. Male and prefer Girls

4. Male and prefer Boys

5. Female with no preference or have equal of both

6. Male with no preference or have equal of both

Multiple votes are allowed.
Results are only viewable after voting.
    1. I'm female and I'll have an even split once the newest one joins my tribe. 'Course I'm already saving for the next, which will be male just to throw things off kilter. :P

2. For me it is Boys all the way. I think there are some stunning girl dolls out there and I like to look at them but I don't think I will ever buy one (I might have just jinxed myself!!)

Anyway...for me the reason is kinda elusive....I think it has several reasons behind it for me...
      1.) I played with girl dolls when I was little...BJDs are new and exciting and that includes them being boys
      2.) I grew up with older brothers, most of my friends are guys...I am just more comfortable with guys

but also...for me there is just something more interesting about the boys that I can't put my finger on. I think the girls are lovely but they hold no interest for me at all

3. Hmmm... This topic is interesting. ^_^

I'm a tomboyish, practical sort of girl and I have almost all boy dolls. I do have a DD Saber Alter and Bobobie Sprite girl, but Saber (aka Charlie >_<) is the girlie-girl of the crew. Well, most of the time. (Even though my 2 Puki's are feminine, it's kinda hard to really think of them as girls. It's like they're genderless fairies of some sort.)

I guess it kind of makes sense that my main girl doll is an Anime character. It's mostly because of Anime that I'm even into BJDs to begin with. I'm pretty sure that's also the same reason why I like boy dolls so much. I have a lot of favorite guy anime characters. Now if only Volks would make boy Dollfie Dreams. >_< (I'd be so screwed.) Basically, I really like pretty boys that only exist in Anime and owning BJDs is one way to make them semi-real.

4. So far I am one of two boys who like boy dolls. ^___^

I'm sorta scared of most girls..... yeahhhh.. but I'm friendly to them!! I just couldn't have a bunch of girl dolls around... I'd be too afraid to play with a bunch of them....

-sigh-

5. I'm a girl, and i have always preferred male characters. I can add more variety with males that i just can't seem to do with females. all my female characters end up to much like me. So yeah. It is defiantly not a "well i'm a girl so i want boy dolls to reflect my perfect man" since i tend to lean away from guys irl in that sense, if you get what i mean. though i love Asian guys, which might attribute to my like of male BJD with a slight slimmer face and narrower eyes. XD

But yeah, over all, i just come up with male characters better.

6. I'm female, and have an equal distribution of males and female. However, most of my females are very "tomboyish" and masculine, mostly because I am myself.

7. My SDs are split about 50/50 between boys & girls. The only 2 MSDs I kept are both girls, Boding, Boding Sharmin & Fresh Day Alice. And the tinies are mostly girls as I prefer the mature ones & there simply aren't that many boys available but I grab them up when I can. My Baha is definitely a tom cat though. Oh, I'm female by the way.

I've always loved diversity in my doll collection & so try to equal out the boys as in other doll types they're seldom made.

8. I'm female and I like both- since my dolls are based on characters :) Although I spend more time looking at girl dolls, since I can dress them up all pretty lol

9. I'm a guy and I prefer girl dolls... I could say it's because I'm a guy and I just find girls more appealing to look at, but to be honest that's actually a lie. In fact I started saying that kinda thing since it got people off my back about always doing things like playing video games as a female character and the likes. But, truth be told, I would have to say it has a little something to do with my personality and my position.

I happen to be an artist and I've been studying people nearly my entire life trying to understand how they move, how their bodies respond to their environments and situations, understanding all the different stresses and how joints work, and etc... But of all the creatures that I have studied I have come to find girls to be the most fascinating. I could go on and on and explain nearly everything about them that causes such vast fascination but that could take up quite a large amount of space and time ^^;;

There is another reason as well one I'm still not quite comfortable talking about with people, but that's another story.

These all cause me to do the things I do when it comes to acquiring things such as dolls, playing games, etc...

10. I'm female and including all planned dolls, I will have lots more guys than girls.
      I do think it's a little to do with me being female and heterosexual, therefore attracted to males.

However, there's more to it than that... I've always found, ever since I was young, that I've had much better friendships with boys than girls. If I'm honest, I still don't really understand girls and much prefer the company of guys. I think I will always be that way! ^^

If I wanted to go into it further, I could probably say that the reason I don't have much interest in females is because I have never had a real relationship with my mother as I was growing up. I still don't, actually. It's okay though, I'm happy with who I am - guys are always much less trouble to be around. If they don't agree with you, they'll generally tell you - not talk about it behind your back later on like some girls might! :lol:

11. I'm a female and I prefer boy dolls, I only have one doll, but I have allready another one on my mind, and its a boy, but eventually I might get a lovely girl as well :aheartbea

12. I am female and am yet to get my first doll, but it will be a boy when I do! I think my fascination with the boys is that, as a child, I was only ever given female dolls (Barbie, Sindy, Pippa, etc).

13. My ratio is like 3:1. That is 3 females for every one boy. I'm female and i find myself gravitating towards the girls, so thats what i voted for. I like dressing the girls up in outfits i would have never dreamed of wearing myself. I hate standing out so I will just make my dolls wear things i would never dream to put on myself, frilly, gothic, etc. I gravitate towards gothic and lolita fashions but i'm too worried about being stared at to wear them. Also i kinda look at dolls with bigger boobs than I just so i can make them wear things i wish i could :sweat.

14. I'm female, and I love both girl and boy dolls! I was very entranced by the boy dollies when I first encountered the hobby because they seemed to me to be "filling a gap" so to speak. It was always "Barbie, Barbie, Barbie... oh, and her boyfriend Ken." Or my Disney Princess dolls, which had bajillions of accessories and incarnations and pets and ski-mobiles or whatever, and the poor Princes had very little!

My first doll turned out to be a girl, however... and honestly, I love both gender dolls now! :D At the moment I have one girl and two boys... it was always my plan to have at least one of each in every size :3

15. I'm female and only own boy dolls, Though one is in a dress *shrug* I tried owning girl dolls but I don't do 'much' with them. To me they sit around looking pretty which isn't what I want to do/feel about my dolls.

I love the girls with all the works and would love to own one, I love their photos and they're interesting. But it's not what I want to strive for. What got me into the hobby was pretty boy dolls, androgonous in looks but boys. I like the 'bishounen' or pretty boy look that can only exist in manga/anime/novels and BJDs so I rather have somehing pretty to look at. Also I stand by boys are lower maintenance xD I go by if I want to dress up I can do it myself so I don't necessarily need to dress up a girl.

16. I understand what you are saying and you are right!!! Most of the girl dolls are just too animated! The boy dolls I have and want are very realistic looking. I refused, however, to start a collection until I got my dream Girl doll, which is Dollstown's Ariel, but even so, her eyes are gigantic, which looks odd when you put her with my boys.

Taco, once again, it's a pleasure listening to you, you have such a way with words and get the point across without beating around the bush. I completely agree!!

I love girl dolls! As a child (and the barbie queen of the universe) I had about 50 Barbies and maybe 5 Kens. Girls are just more fun, when it comes to dressing up, hair styling, accessories, etc. But for some reason, and maybe in agreement with KarieChaos, I find myself going for the male dolls. But also, a lot more ideas have come into fruition with regard to the male dolls. My stories are all original and revolve around my DT Ariel. Other female dolls/characters have not worked themselves into the storyline yet. But I hope they do!!

Arichan, I really do understand!! You make a fine point. I don't really see the need for nipples on girl dolls or 'hanging parts' on boy dolls but they're there, so. *shruggs shoulders*

Thank you all so much for your input, I haven't read page 2 yet....

17. I'm a female, and I have to say that I like both. Although, I get boys a lot faster then girls because females that I like are harder to come by ^.^ The boys are always handsome, but the girls have to be more smug or intresting.

18. I SO agree with this, which is why I want girl dolls, BUT as the dolls I want/have have developed storylines in my mind I have to work around that! For the most part my girls and boys will be dressed in period styles and gothic styles. Both styles, I myself, could never walk the streets in no matter how much I wish I could!!

Wow! This was like listening to myself, I totally understand where you're coming from. The only difference being my mom is my best friend. But you're right, girls have always felt threatened by me and thus my friends have always been male. I'm a pretty girl but I'm not a tramp, I don't steal people's boyfriends. But girls have always huddled away and I'd find myself always amongst who was left, which was ...the guys! *rolls eyes* Of course, saying it makes me sound stuck up, I should perhaps rephrase but it is what it is. And if that's you in your avatar picture then it's obvious we're in the same boat!

Well, Azumari, it is said that the female figure is much more admired for it's aesthetic proportions (curviness, slenderness, etc.). I am an artist as well, I draw. And I have great trouble drawing the male figure. I chalked it up as being familiar with the female body because I see my own in mirrors everyday. But it's true the female figure is just prettier to look at. And it's more exciting to dress up!

alanna214, I LOVE your avatar!!!

19. I am a female, and right now I only have one doll who happens to be a boy. I also have a girl one the way sooo, im split. :P

20. i don't have any preference at all. Female and male dolls are equally gorgeous!!!:aheartbea
      I find more fun to dress a girl though, but I love male dolls so much!!! handsome guys all the way!!!
      I don't think I prefer girls but i do like more female molds than male ones, but thats because it's hard for me to find males that are not too femenine >.>....
      but something tells me I'll end with more boys than girls:o
      So i voted for Female with no preference or have equal of both