1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Girls or Boys and are you Male or Female?

Jun 19, 2009

?
  1. Female and prefer Girls

2. Female and prefer Boys

3. Male and prefer Girls

4. Male and prefer Boys

5. Female with no preference or have equal of both

6. Male with no preference or have equal of both

Multiple votes are allowed.
Results are only viewable after voting.
    1. I'm a female and I seem to be getting a lot of girls very quickly. I have to girls now with a third planned out. I thought that I would like the boys more, but I've become somewhat skilled at making dresses. So I don't have any boys right now because I can't make them pants >< And none of their characters (there's only two in my head so far) would wear a dress. So either I need to get good at making pants, or I need to make some crossdressing characters before I can get more boys.

I do have my first boy, a DZ Megi, on the way right now though :D

2. i prefer boy dolls, Girl dolls tend to bug me for some unknown reason *frowns* i still cant quite place my fiinger on what it is that bothers me though

3. im male as you can see in my avatar pic lol and i generally prefer girl dolls, and i did notice that the majority of girls like boy dolls and men usually like girl dolls, i think it just tends to be naturally since they r opposites and we dress ourselvs? lol i mean i have two girl dolls and one boy, dont get me wrong i love boy dolls too (im saving for one) also depends on our own sexual pref, if u r gay/lesbian they tend to pick the sex they get along with most and associate with themselves. also for me personally i am extremely picky with boy dolls cuz they always tend to look exaclty that, boys. if i want a boy doll i want it to be masculine and guyish, like the iplehouse akando. but yea im almost equal on them but just because of that i lean to girl dolls more, also cuz i like dressing girls more and stuff haha for me i phyiscally like the girl dolls but for boys i mentally like them cuz i like ther attitudes and personality, im sorry if i blabbed lol ive had like no sleep so sorry if no one understand wut im saying or if i offended anyone ^_^;;

4. Kyo, I understood perfectly and I completely agree with you. Thank you for sharing this idea. I, also, am partial to the masculine boy dolls.

5. Female here and I seem to lean more for the boys, but will always come down to the concept and face.

6. Oh wow, thankyou! Yep, it is me in my avatar picture. *blush*
      Since going blonde, all the girls call me "Barbie" as a nickname. :sweat

7. Really cool to see the results here. I know I own 2 boys and 1 girl but I'm trying to sell one of my boys and the girl dolls just seem more appealing to me so I couldn't say I like boys more. I feel like most boy dolls look fairly similar while the girls seem to be a bit more varied (although someone could say the exact opposite) and girls have more clothing options, etc.

8. I'm a girl and I have both a boy and a girl now. I did vote for preferring boys though, as it was a boy that I saw that first got me into BJDs. I actually surprised myself when I got my girl as I always figured my second would be another boy. My wishlist also has mostly boys... I guess I'm attracted to their pretty faces and generally I find them easier to sew for.

9. I'm pretty new to the world of BJD's and so far have just one girl. But all the dolls on my wishlist are girls. The boys kind of wierd me out because they have such feminine faces and masculine bodies! Plus, I really like making dresses :)

10. Male here, and i tend to lean more towards females/girls XD only because i find female clothes have a lot more style and options ^_^;;

Although... i have seen some pretty looking males X_x so who knows xD

11. I'm a girl and I like both.

While I only have one doll thus far, which is a girl, I have plans for dolls of both genders.

I suppose I like the idea of playing with girl dolls more because of the pretty dresses, the hair, and I think that they're cuter than the boys.

However, if there are too many girls, it feels uneven, so I can't imagine a BJD collection for myself without some man/boy dolls, haha.

12. I voted "female prefering girls" simply because... most boys don't work for the charactrer I want. I keep seeing georgeous dolls, but they're all girls or are SD. I currently have 2 girls, and no boys. But who knows.

13. I'm female and I prefer girls, but if there is a boy that grabs my attention usually he has to be quite masculine, not girly at all...

weird

14. I'm female and have male and female dolls, as well as a few animal creatures. I have lots more girls than guys, but it's only because I seem to be more picky about the guys.

15. I'm female, and although my cast and crew are all female at the moment, it's simply out of means and oppourtunity rather then any specific preference, as many boys are planned!! I love them all, despite their gender.

16. i am a wooman. and i think i like the girls better. i love my E-anne (DoT E-an) because shes thin and beautiful. i think i like her the most because ive always had a weight problem and i was envious of girls who looked like her.

17. I'm a boy, and I'll admit, I'd like to get a boy doll before a female doll. More than anything else, I'm projecting myself on to an inanimate object. Since I'm a boy, a boy doll would probably represent myself better than a girl doll. I will, however, say that I'm also interested in a few girl dolls at the moment (*cough*VolksBianka*cough). I'm so into the idea of creating a female character to complement and contrast my male character. But more than anything, I'd like to get at least one male doll first.

18. Well, I'm a boy...and though male dolls certainly have a clear monopoly on my wishlist, I don't truly feel that I prefer them over female dolls. For instance...though my first doll is my boy Tremayne and my next doll is going to be a boy as well, my first BJD love was Volks Megu/F-01, and she still is my "holy grail" so to speak ^^; Even though I mostly want boys, that female doll has always been my absolute love among all of the dolls I desire to bring home.

There are plenty of female dolls that I totally adore, but it just so happens that male characters dominate my fandom (a lot of my dolls are based off of characters from video games and anime XD) ((...and it certainly doesn't help that I'm a BL fan, buuut...yeah ¬.¬)). All but one of the female dolls I want are completely original characters, while a bunch of the male dolls are based off of characters I like...hence why there are so many more boys than girls @_@ So really...it's more like I just have a preference for male characters as opposed to BJDs.

19. I'm a guy, and I tend to prefer male dolls. I currently only have two boy dolls. I may have females eventually, but I prefer looking at and shopping for boy dolls. :)

#59 The Commodore, Jun 21, 2009
      Last edited: Dec 19, 2015
    20. Having grown up in a convent (and yes they do still exist), I didn't get to meet any guys until I got into uni. It took me a few weeks to get used to talking to them and being around them, but then I got to like the way they deal with everything offhandedly and lightheartedly (I had had enough of grudge-holding, backstabbing and b*tchslapping to last me a lifetime)... so I guess that has to do with my liking boy dolls more than girls.

Besides, men in suits = lurve. XDD