1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Girls or Boys and are you Male or Female?

Jun 19, 2009

?
  1. Female and prefer Girls

2. Female and prefer Boys

3. Male and prefer Girls

4. Male and prefer Boys

5. Female with no preference or have equal of both

6. Male with no preference or have equal of both

Multiple votes are allowed.
Results are only viewable after voting.
    1. Female and most the dolls I have/want are boys. I've always been sort of a tomboy with just a smidgen of girly-girly Disney Princess lurking somewhere behind the sawdust and tool grease. I've always loved dolls, but most dolls seem to be female, especially Barbies which I used to collect, and the whole boy-doll thing is different. The female BJDs are all so skinny and trim, and all the real-life chicks Ihang around with are Norwiegen/Irish/German decent and so have a larger build. The one SD sized girl I have I cholse because I love her chubby thighs and big 'ol booty. If they come out with a chubby BJD girl (mature, not child-chubby) than I might have more girls. Until then... boys it is. And I do love a hotty!

2. I'm female (straight) and prefer girls because they have such beautiful bodies. Almost all the girl dolls on my wishlist are there because of their unique or irresistible curves. >3<
      I'd like a boy doll but I haven't seen one with a body that captivates me as much as the girl ones. I like cute boys, but when I'm looking at dolls to consider buying, the art part of my brain takes over and I don't see sexiness anymore. >A<;
      I'm not really into frilly clothes or anything even. I bet I could have as much fun with boys clothes-wise as with girls. I just need to find one with an amazing body. (A minifee active boy might be good because the appeal of that body for me has more to do with the joints and posability than the shape. So I might get one of them eventually, even though the girl ones are so cute. I'm too poor to get both..)

3. BOYS BOYS BOYS!

The ratio here is 7:2 in favour of boys right now. I tend to have mostly male characters so it makes sense. It's also easier to find proper casual clothes for boy dolls, I tend to find girls' clothes too stylized for me.

Oh yes, and I am a girl... or so they tell me.

4. I'm female... and I'd never get a girl doll, so boys all the way. xD
      Male dolls just appeal to me more, I guess because in my opinion, boys can never be that pretty or cute or handsome in real life...

5. I've only been into male doll for most of my interest with the hobby, as well as SD sized dolls. But I'm slowly starting to open up to the tiny sized dolls and some of the Iplehouse females.

6. I am a woman and I tend to lean more towards female dolls. I have two girls. I would like to give a boyfriend to one of them, but I can't find a boy I like. Maybe because they have such feminine faces ...don't know, but male dolls make me uncomfortable !

7. Male, and I don't lean either way. Just whatever takes my fancy I suppose, though a doll that can be both would be great!

8. I´m female and I am only collecting girls because they look so cute and beautiful. Boy-dolls just aren´t my cup of tea- I like soft and fragile female shapes better than hard and strong male shapes.

9. Male with a preference for female dolls. I wonder why.

10. I'm female and I love both female and male bjds; though at the beginning I was just into female dolls... so by now I have more girls than boys, but I'm making up for it...:lol:

11. I'm a girl, and I have both male and female dolls, though it seems the guys are fast outnumbering her, I really need to balance the number out!

I do love girl dolls, but it seems there are few female sculpts out there that really catch my attention, its really hard for me to find the 'right' girl, I prefer the cute, 'sweet' look but most of those are either MSDs or smaller, and I prefer something a bit bigger than that, I'm just picky that way.

As for the guys, most sculpts I've seen are too 'feminine' for my taste, but that problem was solve thanks to that certain company where all my guys came from ^^'' could be the reason why the guys fast outnumber my girl in just a short time!

12. I'm a woman who loves both male and female dolls. They're all just so cute.

13. "Boys boys boys/ We like boys in ca-ars/ Boys boys boys/ WE LOVE THEM!"

I gotta stop listening to Lady Gaga. XD Hahaha

I'm female and 4 out of 5 of my dolls are boys. I'll only be adding boys to my collection. It has less to do with my characters and more to do with the fact that in real life I WANT TO BE SURROUNDED BY HAWT MEN! Mwahahahahah!

14. I couldnt agree more :sweat.

However I'm happy with my one girl and a boy man on the way. I like both equally and I always knew I'd have to have one of each, I like styling both genders. If I just had boys I'd feel I was missing out on pretty dresses and if I just had girls I'd feel I was missing out on cool macho gear.
      (Even though my girl is a bit of a grungy tomboy).

15. Hmmm.... Heshe, huh? Both as in switching optional parts, or both at the same time? 'Cuz you can mod that. And there are plenty of cross-dressing boys on the forum.

16. I can't remember if I replied to this or not but here goes:

I think I definitely tend to prefer boy dolls, as right now I've got 4 full dolls and 3 of them are boys, (all the floating heads are boys too) but I actually want to have a fairly equal number of both. It's not a character thing, since I make characters for dolls based on what the doll is, it's more of a personal preference thing. I can't make relationships between the dolls properly dynamic unless there are girls. I actually do like some girl sculpts, but I tend to be waaaay more picky about them since a lot of them remind me of the baby dolls I used to play with as a child. I tend to steer clear of all that sort of thing now if I can help it. Boy dolls always jump out more at me oddly enough, but I try really hard to find female sculpts that I like. so far my wishlist isn't two widely split. ^__^

17. A guy who prefers girl dolls here ~ On my Doll-WishList, about 85-90% of the dolls on there are girls.
      I do wonder why - Perhaps it's because girls are more interesting?

I like having the option of getting nice dresses, selections of shoes and wigs - can be a bit more
      creative with a faceup? I guess those are my reasons.

I wouldn't get a boy doll just to put him in frilly dresses and pretty make up - I'd get a girl doll if I wanted to do that.

I have a floating Nanuri06 head, (and although it would make a charming boy) I'm pretty sure it would become a girl, if I ever get a body for it.

18. Female...and boy dolls are just so much more fun to dress!! Though I love girl dolls too, there are so many more boys that I want at the moment. Maybe it's because boys are allowed to look more 'scruffy' :p

19. I like boy dolls, but at the same time I do like the girls too. I don't know I'm just attracted into getting boy dolls more. I like girl dolls because you can dress them up and they represent the type of girl I wish I could be? XD But mostly boys for me because I like boys and I want them to display the type of guy that I like.

20. All of the dolls that I've come across that I would like to buy have been boys. I prefer them better anyway. xD I generally prefer guy anything/everything when it comes to almost everything. o.o That's pretty...vague. >w< Hehe sorry. Guess I should be more clear...=] Oooh wells. x3

@ Callum91 Super awesome! :3