1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Giving a doll as a gift

Apr 29, 2006

1. Once I start working (& save up enough money >w<), I'll buy my cousin a Chiwoo because he loves them. ^^

2. I'm thinking abotu gettign together with my sisters and gettng my Nan a soulkid girl for Xmas. ^^

I'll be going to Uni in september, and I know she'll get lonely...plus she loves my dolls and has said she'd own one of her own, and she's collected porcelin dolls for years!

Plus she;s just a really cool person XD

3. I bought a Kid Delf Jeong for my best friend Jennie as a birthday present. She loves her and named her Marie.

4. I'm planning, to eventually get my mother a DoD Leya. This will be after I get my other two boys, and after my partner has his little girl.

#24 Rorek, Apr 30, 2006
      Last edited: Nov 11, 2015
    5. Before X-mas I pulled enough money together to by myself a CP boy body for Max so I could get a Juri head for my friend naranjita. It was her first doll, or doll part, I guess I should say.

She was so happy she cried a little, so I knew I'd done the right thing. :apresent:

6. I've gotten a couple people dolls as gifts--mainly PherretLord, I suppose. He's gotten three dolls as gifts, though two were heads, then bodies were acquired. The third is preordered, and should arrive in June.

I've gotten my brother a doll for his birthday...a Dreaming Lishe/ DDII hybrid. I'll get eyes and a wig for her (I want Jared to choose those), and she's getting quite a wardrobe put together.

I like getting people really awesome presents, and these dolls are pretty darn awesome. ^^

7. I'm buying an unfinished doll for my mom for her birthday/ mothers day (1 week apart), since she loves mine and we're both craft people, its something we can do together. :)

8. I bought tokage a DoD Si head as a Christmas gift, and she bought me a SaFi head with DoC girl body for my birthday~ I think it reflects in their personalities. Her Aidan is completely crazy half the time, and my Fuurin is very motherly. XP

9. My sister might be getting a DoC Miyu for her birthday. I'd like to get her a naked doll and paint it myself, and make the clothes. I get kinda irritated, though, because she's been whining about how pretty my dolls are but they're ohhh so expensive, and instead of saving up for one she keeps talking about getting it as a gift and blowing any money she might put away for it on My Little Pony dolls. :\ I want to make her feel special, but not because she's scrounging around for charity.

10. I gave my fiancee a Shiwoo Vamp, he adores him!

11. If Luts ever releases a MF Shiwoo, I'm going to buy one for my god-daughter. She's absolutely in love with my full-sized Shiwoo, Harumatsu... It would just tickle her pink to have one of her own. ^_^

12. Klaus and Terran were both gifts for Oboro, and he got me Haruka and Myo's body. ^^ But we split the cost on most of the dolls, anyway. <3

13. I've bought two very dear friends of mine Yder heads - one for each >3

14. My family and I planned and bought my younger sister a Shiwoo for Christmas. She was thrilled - we brought the box out last of all, and of course she knew exactly what was in it! She had saved up money for some of the cost herself, so it was a good "saving experience" for her too.

15. i never have but I woiuld be sooo shocked and very very happy if someone did! if I could, I would buy my friend Jennifer her dolls, the too and Bee-a pair.

^__^

16. My husband likes Imbri so much I'm getting him a MNF El (evnetually). Though I don't know if it truly counts as a gift, since he knows about it and the $$ are coming from our joint accounts.

17. I gave my sister my Bee-A... although if my sis decides to sell her, I get her back XD

18. My grandmother in law really liked my PF when she saw him and use to collect dolls, so I bought her a new PF Aroa, since she prefers girls and Aroa is small enough that she can easily carry her around.

19. I want to be able to buy my girlfriend a Yder someday but i know shw would feel bad if i did so... >.>

20. I want to save up money to give to my friend when she goes to Japan so she can buy her own doll with FCS. XD