1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Giving a doll as a gift

Apr 29, 2006

1. If I had the money, I'd buy a Yo-SD for my mother..she loves my dolls and borrowed me money to buy Sumiya-which I'm currently paying off ^^; She also loves to make little clothes and just melts when she sees a Yo-SD..but their prices kind of put me off XD And even though she loves my dolls, she also thinks they are very expensive-which they are, of course!-and I'm not exactly sure how happy she'd be if I bought a doll for her that is so small yet just as expensive as Vasiley..^^;

But perhaps, one day..I'll just do it..I would want her to choose her own doll though, I wouldn't just buy one..I'd want to be sure the doll I buy for her is the doll she wants..I'd hide the price, though XD

2. My husband has given me two dolls as gifts. I got my Ttorri boy for Christmas and I got my Xi for our 6 year wedding anniversary.
      If I had the money I would buy my cousin a Sharmin, because he loves her to death but just doesn't have the funds for a doll right now.
      I'd get my husband a really busty girl doll and a matching handsome boy to be her lover...Probably a Lishe/El couple as he seems to like them, or maybe Volks because he likes the resin quality, but I'm not sure who exactly. FCS' perhaps...
      Umm...if I won the lottery I'd buy lots of dolls, including customizing one for a couple friends so they'd have truly unique designs by me and umm...yeah...if only I could win that pesky lottery!! XD

3. If i had the money i would buy my two friends who allowed me to follow them around at my first anime convention and dragged me to a BJD board where i discovered these wonderful dolls. So yea i feel i owe it to them and here i am getting a doll before either of them do. Otherwise i'd probably get a doll for my mom if she ever wanted one or my boyfriend who says he doesnt like them yet he helps me pick stuff out for my boy.

4. For some funny reason I feel the weirdest impulse to purchase a CP Soo-Dark Human head + eyes and a Dollfie Dream II NS body... Although I'm hesitating.
      She really wants a CP Soo Special but she said she's willing to settle for a CP Soo - Dark Human because it's cheaper and near the image she wants.
      I don't know... It'll take a while for me to piece her together but at least she'll be here... Thing is, I'm not sure it's going to be okay. I don't even think it's that of a good decision but I'm okay with it...

Either to her or I'll try assembling a doll from pieces and give her to my ex-friend. A surprise gift. HAHA. Very unexpected ne?

Yes, I'm willing to splurge money on a doll that won't go to me because it's a gift. As I got older somehow I've come to realize that money is something that comes and goes, it's printed everyday but the happiness that happens because of it is priceles... So what's the point of holding to it for so long? XD

Okay that was shameless plugging back there *walks off*

5. I bought my mom a Megi, but she didn't want it so I ended up adopting him...

6. Chibi Kitsune and I went together to buy Pocket Sheepie her Lishe for her birthday last year, and I also bought my sister a Lune for her birthday last year too. I've also bought my son three dolls for birthdays, christmas, etc. and I'll be getting my roommate one for her birthday this year too. :)

7. 1.5 times, actually....

First (.5), I bought my BF a vampire lishe head, because he really wanted Lishe as an elf. Of course, I didn't know at the same time he bought me a Vampire El head.... from the same seller no less! we exchanged them for Xmas. =) He loves her so much he just bought a second vampire lishe head. ha ha.

Second time, my BF and I went in on an Xmas/Bday gift for my roommate. She got an AR Cien kit. Unfortunately it arrived late, but he's been a happy member of the household for a while now.

...It makes you feel good when you get someone a gift they truly love.

8. I've done this twice, and have no doubt I will be doing it again in the future.

I got my sister a doll for her birthday in summer of 2005 - she was very excited about it when we were planning, but lost interest after only a couple weeks once the doll was actually here, and several months later we had a talk and I sold the doll, giving her something more suited to her current interests instead.

Several years ago I purchased a Delf for a close friend here on DoA - she paid $150 for part of him, but I covered the rest. I've since bought her another Delf head, as well.

EDIT:
      As a combined Birthday/Yule present in 2007, I gave my best friend a SoulDoll "Spear of Dark Mist Valley" LE Hye. That was a very, very pricey gift, but worth every penny. She was so happy!

I also purchased one full Soom Super Gem and one Soom head for another best friend earlier this year (2009).

I gave yet another best friend one of my Angelregion 1/4 scale dolls when I decided to sell off all my MSD-sized dolls and focus on larger ones (2008), and I've also purhased her a Soom Gem head for Yule this year (though she doesn't know it yet).

9. I've given a friend a Soo-Ri head, as it is her dream doll... as well as her first doll.^_^

10. I've toyed with the idea of getting a LJ Ai for my Mum, but I've always been too poor to seriously consider it.

11. My big sister bought me my kid delf Nara for christmas. Best gift ever!

12. We have a deal with my closest friends - were one of us to win a lottery or get a huge amount of money, she would give dolls as presents to those of us still lacking funds for their dream dolls :)

13. Nika (radiotrash) and I bought our friend Tasha (Natasiah) a CP BW girl An with a face-up. We had to order the head and body separately since An is sold only as a boy. We split for a wig, and Nika bought a pair of undies for the doll. Since we both had a spare pair of 16mm eyes on hand, we donated those to Bianca, as well as a variety of other accoutrements from our existing collections. Plus, we enlisted the aid of Beverly (charmedseed), who is a very dear friend Tasha's, to create an outfit for Bianca.

All in all, Tasha was shocked and happy. She loves the gift.

14. Deleted this.

15. I would be ecstatic if some one actually GAVE me a doll, but the price tag is certainly makes it difficult. I feel I could never ask a friend for such a thing only family, and even then the price tag makes it seem to large a thing to ask for in the first place.

Sorry if this subject has been run into the ground.

16. I guess it would be to much to ask for...especially for me cause i wanna do a FCS and that's like $800 and some dollars at volk'sXDD But you could ask some of your family to pay for a little of it^-^ That's what i'm gonna do^-^

17. Well, I'm asking for an fcs F20 for christmas and birthday this year, but i'm putting £300 towards it.

As for giving dollfie as gifts. I would. I was saving to buy a friend one, but it turned out to be a bad idea as she wasn't the friend i thought she was. Therefore i spent what i'd saved on me.V.v

Asking for parts of a doll from friends isn't so bad, it just depends if you friends want to get you things. I know mine would never shell out for something like that.

18. I think if ANY of us had the money, we would buy dolls for our friends.

One of my friends has been wanting a bjd for YEARS. And her birthday was just awhile ago. And if I HAD money, I sure as hell woulda bought her the one she wanted.

But then again, who has money these days? *_*

19. I would like to get a friend of mine a doll, I keep entering contests for it since I can't afford it. It would be the gift to end all gifts though!

20. I got a doll body for Christmas once. xD My parents were a little hesitant. But it was my only present, so. it was cool. ^^ I think asking for a doll AND other gifts is too much. One doll, not too bad. :3