1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Giving your doll a story.

Feb 13, 2010

1. I don't think it's a necessary part of the experience, but I think it does add to it. :3 It gives their character a bit more depth... at least to me it does. Nicholas is actually the only child of a very rich lord and he was sent away because his father is so disappointed in him... he's very feminine and his father got all disappointed that his son was sort of a pansy. But he's so sweet! I love him so much.

2. I gave my story the dolls ... :0
      I wrote novels for a long time and somehow it felt exciting to turn my characters into something solid.
      Ofcourse since then I've started creating characters just for the sake of getting new dolls XD

3. I've never had a whole story for any of my dolls, but I do create a character or personality for them. It makes it more fun for me to choose clothing and accessories that fit a particular character, that way all of my dolls have a unique look and I always know what style of accessory I want for that particular doll. Over time they may kind of develop a little bit of a backstory, but so far I've never planned one.

4. I don't see it necessary at all; after all a doll is a doll. :sweat
      But uh....I did anyway. :)

Which was weird in my case. xD I just thought of what my dream doll would look like, and before I knew it I came up with a character based on the photos I wanted to take.....and I ended up with a character that I now hold dear. <3 And I had a dream that turned into a background story.... :sweat That, and I just bought the dream doll. :)

5. Well, I do give my boys stories. I wouldn't say it's necessary as part of doll collecting. But personally, it helps me to "justify" and explain the characters/ personalities of my boys. And it's really fun to me to fantasize and create stories (their past, their worlds before they were summoned into our world) for them...

6. I didn't have any back story for my first doll when I bought her. Then I sort of sat around bored one day and decided to make up stories for some of the dolls. I don't know if it will even amount to anything or if I'll use their stories but I made up my stories to have an excuse for the clothing choices I make. lol

7. I dont have any stories for my small obitsu.. i just like them to be themselves..

8. I didn't think about making a backstory for my dolls until I found out about it. XD It's really interesting how people have stories behind their dolls. Sadly, my first doll doesn't really have one. Just a personality. But the next doll I'm saving up for, I have this whole story thing going for him. Which is really funny as I can't think of any for my first one but with him, I have TONS of ideas. And I even have him linked with another doll I'm still uncertain I want. XDD So I guess sometimes I do but not all the time, depending if the doll gives me any ideas.

9. i don't have a doll up to now , but many many dolls wear my eyes, i like to read the story with pics, i believe someday , i will also do the same to share our feeling in our mind here,