1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

GloryDoll Goth-Loli Discussion

Jul 21, 2010

1. I did it! I placed my order, and set up my transfer to paypal so i can pay for her in full! I'm bringing one of my dream girls home so soon I can hardly believe it xD she wasn't even on my wishlist because I thought "yeah fat chance of ever getting her" but now I'm actually getting her... I think I'll need a minute to regain my senses :cheer
      I also wrote to the company as suggested and asked if it was ok to pay for her 2 days later, now to pray for it to go smoothly.

2. now, someone should start a glorydoll waitting room. haha. i have yet to pay :x

3. May I just say that I was absolutely heartbroken to see how very limited they are. Lucy stole my heart! I suppose there's no chance of ever getting just her head, even... 13 only ever released?!

Excuse me while I go find a corner and have rainclouds form over my head T^T

4. Don't worry, they will probably release a new edition in not too many months, unless you want to go for the basic version ^^

5. I'm afraid the scar/stitches is what made me flail and go 'Must have nowwww!' xD I don't suppose there's a chance of them ever selling just the Goth heads?

6. I kinda doubt they would, you never know, but I don't think so. But I'm sure they will release more in the future!

7. The full set is wayyyy too much for me to afford, I might be out of luck? Fingers crossed! Ooh, when are you expecting your girl to arrive? :D -Joins the excitement- xD

8. Don't think I can start expecting her until mid october xD GloryDoll has a reputation of being quite slow with their orders, so I'm not going to get my hopes up for a short wait time.

9. At least you have one on the way! xD Will be waiting for lots and lots of pics ^^

I emailed enquiring about the head... I hope they don't take too long to reply :S

10. They can sometimes take up to 5 days to reply from what I've heard from others, so just be patient I guess ^^

11. I don't really like their outfits. For those who already own one, are they better in person? Or did you just quickly change their clothes? I wish there was a way to get them cheaper without all the options. It would still be very expensive, no doubt.

12. Their clothes are never nicely made. I know I gave the outfit from my set away immediately because it was pretty hideous and so badly made it didn't even fit the glorydoll body properly. :(

13. I just noticed when I looked back again that they don't even come with shoes. What shoes did you end up getting for yours?
      Other then the clothes, did you find the quality worth the price?

14. Hear hear. Goth Lucy has become my dream sculpt and I cannot justify paying $700++ for the full set when I just want the head >.< Fingers crossed for some kind of miracle :...(

15. They fit normal SD girl shoes fine. :)

I thought it was definitely worth the price. I was always going to wipe the faceup and mod my girl into a conjoined twin, so I was prepared to pay that much just for the sculpt. And at the time someone was selling an earlier edition on the marketplace for $900, so $700 doesn't seem so bad then. XD

16. Thanks for all your good info! I think I saw some pictures of your girls already. They are so beautiful. *runs off to try and find that thread again*
      I was looking for a friend for my Chiwoo but, he thinks that these dolls are really creepy. I might get one anyway, whether he likes it or not.
      I'm not sure which one I like the best so, it will probably depend on what becomes available when I have the money to afford it. I would probably leave the faceup that the company makes though.
      About how often do more of the goth dolls usually become available? Is it close to three months, more like six, or even longer?

17. hmm, I would say it's probably about every 6-8 months. I bought mine in Dec 2008 and there's been two editions after that that I can remember.

18. It's probably just as well that it will be a while. I basically have a negative balance in my doll fund.
      Did they sell out in the first day after they were posted? If so, it seems like you really have to be in the right place at the right time to get a hold of one.
      I really like them. I haven't had a doll grab my attention like that for a long time. Still, not enough to consider paying a lot of extra on the market place, I would rather wait it out.

19. I remember Lucy sold out first, and that was about, a week or so after she was released if I remember correctly. Karl/Karin and Miyuki/Mitsuki were on sale even longer, I'd say somewhere between one and a half - two weeks, and then sometimes after being sold out they would randomly become available again I'm guessing due to some cancellations.

20. I think it depends on the edition. Some take a day, others take a week. Just a matter of who has the money at the right time I guess.