1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

GloryDoll Goth-Loli Discussion

Jul 21, 2010

1. Why, he certainly IS gorgeous! o.o You are indeed so very lucky :D

I asked GD about the new Goth Loli dolls and here is what they said =

Hello, dear!^^
      Thank you for your interest.
      And we're so sorry to delaying released new goth-loli dolls.
      We think they'll be released within this month.^^
      We hope your understanding.
      And the bodi is new with one torso.
      Thank you and have a good day! :D

Hmmm... new body??

2. I doubt it's a "new" new body.

When I received my miyuki she is also what they claim new body, but she only has 1 piece torso :( do u think u can ask them if they'd give an option if 2 piece torso?

3. The one piece torso is the "new" body. They don't make the 2 piece anymore and I think someone has previously asked and they have said they don't have any more to sell. Doesn't hurt to ask again I'm sure.

4. Oh dear... I really am not fond of the one piece torso, I like playing with poses >.> I'm pretty sure the release of the new Goth Loli dolls are going to be bittersweet for me... I'll be so excited to see them but most likely will not end up getting my precious Goth Lucy (grail doll alert!). I can't afford to be spending so much right now and what with all the negative feedback I've heard about the body, I don't think I'd be able to justify the price :( /rant

Still excited though :)

5. has anyone seen the new 3rd Ed miyuki?
      She's sooooo awesome, I seriously am thinking of getting another miyuki >< but! i hate the body still ><

6. Glorydoll got three new Goth-dolls up now! 8D I HAVE to get Louis this time <333

7. Ok Glorydoll just 100% got me.. I always knew they would one day!

...then I notice, why is the girl I adore on a boy body?!?!
      She's not a girl at all!!!
      I don't collect boy dolls, and I don't see Glorydoll swapping the body for me... so now I'm totally stuck!!!!

Maybe I can just make him/her an MTF...that would so totally work with that look and completely feminine yet male body.

Edit : Oh noooo am I right that they don't accept layaway? I can't find any information on it at all, which is generally a bad sign!
      I'd need to pay as money entered my paypal from sales, and right now I only have $350 in there!!!
      Time to poke Glorydoll and HOPE!

8. midnitestar7, the Goth dolls can take a long time to sell out so don't despair. When you ask about layaway, you should also ask if there would be a discount if you paid the total by bank transfer. That's how I bought my Noel/Baal and I paid less 20%.

9. Oh really??? I was thinking ARRRGH LIMITED TO 13 MUST PANIC xD
      Also, I remember some companies doing that discount when you pay by bank transfer.
      It's very much a pain to do, and costs a huge amount of extra money (something like $40 I think), but 20% is going to be more cost effective still!
      I've already asked them about layaway, but I may ask about the bank transfer too.
      If I did a bank transfer, I could pay in full also - I have no credit card and only get money into my paypal when I sell stuff! Japan is not a credit card nation at all, and with Japanese paypal you cannot even deposit money from your bank account into paypal! That's why I'd need a layaway.

I think I'm totally won over though.
      The character is appearing and, she'd fit in really well with the sort of dolls I've been bringing home lately.
      I'm not so into bigger dolls, but I don't have very many of them so one more would be ok xD

Is anyone else thinking of getting one of the new 3?

10. They do accept layaway. It's 3 months with a 30% deposit. Just make a note in your order and they'll accept it. They take up to a week to answer questions, so if you're worried, just do it. I've never had a problem with them not accepting my layaways.

11. Midnight - just do the layaway. The other time when I ordered I just placed a note to say I would be paying by layaway, GD didn't even respond, but I still did the layaway and I received my doll after that. So no worries on that.

I'm STILL waiting for goth-Lucy, so nope, none of these 3 are getting my attention :/ & if wait a bit more, GD might eventually release the girl versions of these dolls. I'm pretty convinced they will. So if u really dw a boy, just wait. Like me :D I don't like boy dolls too.

12. Now I'm horribly torn!
      Glorydoll did reply with the info already kindly posted here, but now I've noticed that they said they'll be releasing Goth-Loli girls this month for halloween.
      I only collect girl dolls, but Karl's faceup and fullset has me won over. However, they may go along similar lines with the girls I wonder, and so I am thinking of holding out for the girl releases!
      Then I can make a better decision!

13. If they're releasing girls they'll probably be releasing Karin (the girl version of Karl) and Lucy (girl version of Louis), seeing that those two weren't released, and they usually have both boy and girl versions released.

14. midnightstar - I cann't say if their styles would be the same, since they are releasing for Halloween. It might look alil like last yr's dolls. But, if u are gg to change the body, I'd say go ahead and buy Karl since the body would eventually be changed. However, if u intend to keep the body, then... hmmm... I guess u could try and wait out?

I agree with Kawaii_mon that they would most likely release karin / lucy since they are the ONLY oes not released yet. And she's right that usually, they release the boys & girls tgt.

15. A few questions for those who have the goth-loli dolls, are the scars and the staple holes dimensional and part of the resin cast or are they painted details? Are the staples part of the cast itself or attached later, glued on or set like piercings? Are there any photos of any of them blank to show these details better of how much is paint and how much is sculpt? I especially want to know about the mouth scar on Miyuki! Subscribing to the thread so any answers or pictures are much appreciated, thank you very much! <3

16. They scars and holes are part of the cast. They've been modified on to the original sculpt, and then recast - so the goth loli heads are slightly smaller than the original heads.

17. Thank you, I am really fascinated by the way they look!

18. They're really awesome ;)

19. So... still no new Goth dolls... :/

20. Does anyone have a WS goth doll (or any recent glorydoll) from a recent batch? Is the white creamy/pinky/yellow? Thanks in advance :)