1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

GloryDoll Goth-Loli Discussion

Jul 21, 2010

1. yeah :( & they promised us Halloween :(
      So disappointed.

2. I guess in the end, I'm not really that surprised... but wow... yeah, so disappointed. At this point I'd just like to know if they're being released at all, or at least for them to announce another date. They were on time in putting up the new Goth Loli dolls after the two 70cm boys, so I wonder...

3. they should. but as always GD is late

4. Hmm, I never really stalked them and their releases that much before... how late are they, usually? ._.

5. IDK eh, when I was planning to order Goth Lucy (but in the end got goth miyuki) I waited for almost... 3mths? If I didn't rmb wrongly. Anw, the thing w GD is really jus waiting. Other than waiting, there's nth u can do :/

6. What the...?
      Where are the girls?? I held off on Goth Karl who I loved in the hopes that a girl I loved more would be released for Halloween. Now here are the new releases finally, and they are all boys?
      Of course now Goth Karl is sold out too so, I've missed out completely!

7. I was irritated too! They promised me a goth lucy since OCT! What's w GD srly?!

8. Four months is typical. Dolls are shipped in their cartons, no shipping boxes but they are wrapped in a generous amount of bubble wrap. You will not receive a tracking number and if you ask for one, by the time they give it to you, the doll will have arrived.

Now onto the Goth clowns! I know the face-ups are supposed to mimic grease paint but they're just so heavy. And all of the normal heads have a sad, crying clown face-up. It'd be nice to have the option of no face-up on these!

And zombie skin finally makes another appearance! I'm afraid I want Clown Fancy.

hhisprincess and midnitestar7, hope you'll get your girls one day.

9. lunar marsh: What do you mean, they have no shipping boxes? I can understand that in some situations, but coming from the company itself, that's unsafe. Has anyone's Glorydoll been damaged in this way? I really hope not! :C

And what's Glorydoll's policy on Layaway, if anyone minds answering my questions?

I also dislike the face-ups, also. I will probably also be ordering Fancy Louis, and I'll (try) to request a different face-up. I hope they do it. I think these are just well, heavy is exactly the word. And not in a good way, either.

10. They come with the doll box just wrapped in brown paper, no extra box on the outside.

I've never heard of them doing custom faceups so I don't know what your luck will be with that. The faceup I got on my Goth Lucy chipped really easily anyway, luckily I wanted a different faceup. I'd suggest getting someone else to do the faceup.

I've done two layaways of three months with them. You write in the notes that you want to do a layaway and that you're sending 30% deposit via paypal. Then just confirm that they got the payment through Q&A (which can take a week to get an answer).

11. If I recall correctly, they did mention that Lucy too will get a Final version. No word on the other dolls though.

I LOVE that the zombie skin has made an appearance again! I fell deeply in love with the 1st Zombie Lucy... of course, way after she was sold out! ;) However, I echo everyone's sentiments about the faceups... honestly, they just look 'lazy' to me. It's a shame because I think the concepts could have been absolutely incredible with the right execution. Especially for the 'Final' dolls ever? One would think they'd go all out with a glorious goodbye.

EDIT: I also wouldn't be surprised if GD ran into problems with order numbers for the previous dolls. I noticed that they updated the Sold Out status on 4 dolls at once before, and the remaining 2 were left lingering and were only updated when these new clowns came out. Since they're limited by number, it strikes me as a little... ominous >.>

Yes, I am a stalker 8D

12. Jlostein: I gotta agree on the face-ups. I know they're supposed to look classic or like they've been painted on, but they don't look all that different from the first face-up I ever did, and, well, I would've hoped for more quality than that!

kawaii_mon: You are a serious life saver! Thanks for answering my questions!

I had a doll shipped to me from Europe that way. I was shocked to see his box -- my Lina boy was shipped back from his customizer that way! - like that but was just so releived that he was okay on the inside. I might do that for dolls that had incredible insulation and were very, very small (less to throw around and break), but SD sized dolls I don't think are a great candidate for the proccess.

I'll try asking for a custom one. I'm sure it won't hurt to ask, and if they refuse, well, no love lost. I'll get someone else to do it -- or take up a brush myself.

That's EXCELLENT about layaway! Huzzah! Best news of my day! :)

13. Splynterhayde, maybe I'm looking in the wrong place but GloryDoll used to offer different face-ups. I've looked all over the site and can't find the page that showed each style. I wonder when that went away.

JLostein, I agree about the face-ups looking lazy. It almost makes me wonder if someone besides Phantom is doing them now.

I am waffling on Clown Fancy. I almost want to wait for a regular Louis in zombie skin but who knows when or if that will happen? It'd be nice to be sure of the color, too. Is zombie skin more pink or more purple? Each photo of each zombie doll has a different color.

14. The dolls won't get hurt. At least I have never heard of any dolls getting into trouble. It's just that, the box will really be of lousy shape when it arrives.

For my layaway, I wrote in the "extra comments" & during each payment, I'd quote in the tittle of PP " For Order Number: *inserts Order Number* to make sure they know. At the last payment, I just write in Q& A again to TELL them I have completed payment.

I tried to ask for a different faceup, but they rejected, so... all the best?
      Anw, it's easier just getting someone else to do it, or do it yourself.
      But then again, the face up wasn't to my liking so... heh.

All the best for your orders! :)
      See you in the waiting rm? xD

Thank God I didn't fancy the zombie skin or even want male dolls XDD
      Thanks for the well-wishes ~

15. Oh I remember those, that was ages ago. I think they stopped them after the discontinuation of the first body... which was two bodies ago. I have my girls on the second body and I've had them for over two years.

Yeah I did the same thing. I just sent them a message at the start of the order as well to confirm that they got the original payment and are aware of layaway too.

16. I just checked, and they're available only for the Basic dolls... all sold out now, of course ><

17. Aha! That's where it was hiding! I neglected to click on any basic and scroll down. Thanks, JLostein! That's also where all of the skin colors are shown.

Two of the clowns are supposed to be tanning skin but they each look different. One looks more grey and the other looks more brown.

18. ^ I saw that too. I'm considering asking if he's grey, but I've made my choice on the purple one, I think. If I can get it all together quickly enough! Still, it'd be nice to know just in case a grey one actually WAS available.

lunarmarsh, kawaii and JLostein, princess: Oooooh, that makes sense about the face-ups! Thanks so much for the information, guys. It's always difficult going to a company for the first time. I'm stoked about the Layaway thing, though. That means I'm seeing a Louis (a very purple one) in the foreseeable future. :)

I'm...thinking of heading to the Waiting Room, pre-emptively. I see no harm; I'm sure you're a lovely bunch. :)

Would you guys choose purple or grey if you had a chance?

19. Can't we have both? :lol: Seriously though, if I had to pick, it'd be grey. And if I'm allowed to dream, I'd love an icy blue-grey Lucy... -nosebleed-

20. Anyone order one of the goth clowns? I finally decided I won't be getting Fancy :...( but I'd love to see owner photos of him here.