1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

GloryDoll Goth-Loli Discussion

Jul 21, 2010

1. ^ Me and Jlo are going to be going in a split for one, as it were. So you'll definitely be seeing owner pictures, one way or another.

On the resin colours, grey would have been cool -- I kind of wish they'd released a grey Goth Louis, as the character I wanted him to be originally was that colour, though I suppose it would make more sense if he were purple, like his sibling? - but I'm kind of stuck on the purple. Is anyone else of the opinion that Risky's colour, despite it being listed as 'tan', doesn't look tan at all? After looking at it, it reminds me more of cookies and cream skin (from Leeke, I think), as it seems like it's a mix of the tan and purple resins, just from the promo pictures. I was wondering if he was grey, but I actually don't think he is.

Sure LOOKS like an odd colour, though.

2. Crobidoll has the cookies and cream skin. Which I like more than either of the colors of Chaos or Risky as it's a very subtle grey color. My Noel is "peanut skin" which is a warm grey and seems closer to the skin tone of Chaos but he (Noel) was darker than I expected him to be. I wish Glorydoll would make more of an effort in representing their resin colors accurately.

Going back through posts in the Glorydoll Waiting Room, a girl who bought a second edition zombie Lucy noted she was more purple than her photos on the website. If Fancy turns out to be that silvery purple color he seems to be in the photos, I will be very jealous indeed!

3. So... Glorydoll told me this =

Hello, dear!^^
      Thank you for your interest.
      We dont have any plan about final Mitsuki also other goth-loli dolls yet.^^
      If you have other questions, let us know, plz.^^
      Thank you and have a good day! :D

My little Lucy-loving heart is absolutely crushed :( Especially since for months now, they've been telling me there WILL be a Lucy release. But I guess they thought it was okay to say that when they really meant Louis, because hey, he's the same doll, doesn't matter if I specifically asked about a girl version and they said YES, who cares about customers and honesty anyway? /bitter sarcasm

4. lunar marsh: Oh yes, thank you. That was them. Who offered Peanut Skin, again? I have to agree, remembering that tone, that Risky does look kind of peanut, too. I have a friend who has a Sweet Dreams Lance in Cookies and Cream skin. I didn't like it in person. I liked her old greyskin doll better for the character she had. But of course, not my doll!

I have to agree about accuracy, but luckily I'll be happy with Fancy as long as he's purple in any shape or form. I'll be sure to take pictures.

JLo: Augh, I'm sorry to hear that. Their plans are fairly inconsistent, I take it, but at least you'll be getting the head you want. What will you do for the body? (Sorry again about Lucy. :C.)

5. really?! No lucy?! ARGH! GD's lying is turning me off! I'm seriously reconsidering if i wanna get goth lucy :/

6. Okay, now that I've simmered down a little, I can really only hope (in a somewhat stupidly optimistic way) that I got the wrong impression. Perhaps... there might be a release of Lucy, just not a 'final' one? Either way, I too am quite tired.

Splynt: True, and that part is at least cheering me up a little, but gosh how I've longed for Goth Lucy... >< As for a body for Fancy, I'm hoping Angell Studio's body will fit nicely, so I can go for their colour match services. If not... well, I guess someone's wearing turtlenecks and gloves for awhile xDD

EDIT: I never noticed just how lopsided Louis/Lucy's nose is... you can really see it clearly in the head-only pictures for the new clown dolls.

7. haha same as me. just camping and waiting. but i swear, if it doesn't impress me, i'm giving it a bah! & give up on GD.

8. Glorydoll had their Alice in Wonderland Baal/Noel described as "peanut skin".

9. Boy, their roundabout ways sure are driving me a little nuts @.@ Two replies =

Hello, dear!^^
      Thank you for your interest.
      We\'re sorry, it is impossible change the face-up, but blank head is possible.
      If you have other question, let us know, plz.

and

Hello, again!^^
      Of course it is not.
      \'The final Goth-Loli Louis\' don\'t mean we will not be releasing anymore new goth-loli dolls.
      It means Louis is the last edition in Goth-loli dolls.
      If you have other question, let us know, plz.

Uh....... okay....

10. It sounds like they will do more goth-loli dolls but will no longer use Louis for them. But does that mean they won't have more Lucy goth dolls?

At least the clown goths can come blank! A shame they'll still be the same price as with a face-up.

11. Yeah that's how I interpret the message too. They were releasing goth Lucy dolls long before the Louis' and they've been very popular for them, so I don't think they'll be stopping them yet. At least one more batch.

12. Is anyone else thinking of ordering during this period, then? Or is everyone banking on the next release?

13. has anyone asked about the goth lucy lately? has GD had any update?

14. I did. No answer yet. I'll post in here when they do reply :)

15. thanks JLostein!

16. "Hello, dear!^^

We're sorry to late reply also delaying update.
      And we think the new gothloli doll will be released next month.
      Once again, we're sorry to delaying update.
      We hope your understanding.
      Thank you and have a good day! :D"

-Spits- That was in response to me pointing out that they'd promised a Goth Lucy since before Halloween! And this is basically the exact same response I've got the last 3-4 times.

17. ikr?! they've always say next mth! i wonder when will their "next mth" ever come. -sigh

18. incase anyone's interested, GD says they're releasing goth lucy nxt week as their LAST goth-loli (O.o)

19. My Goth Lucy ... i think that she is fourth edition:

[​IMG]