1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Glorydoll Lucy/Louis & Karin/Karl discussion

Sep 10, 2007

1. So pretty!!

My Glorydoll Mitsuki is still one of my favorite dolls, his looks are so unique! I don't have any photos to share of him, but I hope others will continue to post pics of their lovely boys and girls.

2. Your twins are lovely, Cat!

Does anyone know if Glorydoll milky skin matches Volks white skin?

I searched the thread and found many comments saying Glorydoll does not match Volks normal skin, but doesn't say anything about Volks white skin.

I own a Glorydoll Louis, but he has some problems with his legs. He has two left lower legs! The one that should be a right lower leg, is definitely a left lower leg. :sweat

I have considered switching bodies entirely, which would probably be the more sensible thing to do, but for the time being I'm giving a shot at trying to buy just the leg parts, or a damaged Glorydoll boy milky body, and have therefore put up probably the most ridiculously specific marketplace thread there is.

However, I'm aware that this might be a lost cause, so I figured I should research backup options. I am thinking either Volks SD10 boy white skin, or DollnDoll king white skin. I like those body sculpts and I'm hopeful someone can shed light on whether they would be a good match. I don't need absolute perfection, but I am hoping it is close.

3. Miri, I have a milky skin Louis, and though I don't have a white skin Volks doll I have seen them at meet-ups fairly often, and I think with maybe some blushing it should be possible, they both have this pinkish white tone. Good luck with finding him new legs!

My own Louis is off to Finland at the moment(well, his head xD)for a new face-up! I'm so excited, expect much picture spam when he comes back! <3 In the meantime, let's revive this thread with some more pictures?! :D

4. Thank you for the info Raouken! :)

As for pictures, I hope to contribute some soon as I can. I'm a little occupied this weekend (I have to go in to the office even... /sigh) but hopefully can post some next week!

5. *waves to everybody* i will do what i can to liven up the thread :)

Here is a recent picture of Odette. Her paint is by redastor.

[​IMG]

6. Cat, she looks lovely as always!

And uh, this is horribly late, but finally I got around to painting my Glorydoll Louis (...whose name I might be changing for the umpteenth time so I won't even bother with introductions):

[​IMG]

There are a lot of flaws on this faceup but no matter, I will try again some other time. For now, at least he has a face! So that he can pout petulantly, as he was always meant to. ;) I'm doing some major mod work to his body (and combining the Glorydoll boy upper half with some Volks SD10 suwaricco legs (which btw are not the best match, Volks has a very slightly more peachy undertone but it's close enough not to bother me), and also changing some things that I dislike about the Glorydoll torso while I'm at it.

7. Totally unexpected to see this thread revive again, but while we are at it, I'd like to post some pictures too! (if it's ok) x)

[​IMG]

I miss seeing GD's dolls around >< There are too little GD owners around! Pretty dolls there @Miri, @Cat !

8. Your girl is beautiful! :D

I always loved the "gothic" limited editions Glorydoll did... alas, my chances of finding and owning own of those are probably quite slim nowadays, as they've been out of business for so long and the dolls are not easily found on the secondary market.

9. Miri: you are a very good painter :)

hhisprincess: your Miyuki is love &#9829;

Here is a picture of Odette and Euphemia from today:

[​IMG]

10. MissAlly's Glorydoll Goth Lucy. She now lives here in Little Cow Harbor.

[​IMG]

11. I totally forgot to check back on this thread (T^T) silly me. Yeah, I'd LOVE to own a Goth Lucy one day too. But... I doubt the chance would ever come. I still regret not ordering both Miyuki and Lucy back then.

@Cat ^..^ Thanks for posting a picture! So glad to see a goth lucy. We need more pics! haha!

12. Yay for more glorydolls, they are so wonderful, all of them :3 I wanted to add a photo of Alyssa whom I absolutely love! (even if I'm not very active anymore)
      [​IMG]

13. So: Does anybody know what happened to the Glorydoll site?​

I tried the link on page-1, and first I got a warning page about how the site might potentially be dangerous to my computer. Next try, the page didn't load at all, and the third try I got some sort of pseudo doll-discussion page, but nothing about BJDs.

Can anybody help, please?

14. GoodbyKitty173: It is very sad, but Glorydoll is no more. :(

In order to get any of the Glorydolls, one needs to stalk the secondary market.

edited to add a picture of Odette:

[​IMG]

15. Really want a goth mitsuki or miyuki. Too late. Watching every secondary markets every second. Hopefully one day it will come.

16. What gorgeous girls! :D Thanks for sharing your photos!

Yihanx, I wish you luck. It can happen! Glorydoll might be rare these days, but not nearly as rare as some other sculpts are, and I see them pop up every few months.

Reviving the thread just in case anyone is curious about hybrid options, I finally put my Glorydoll Louis (milky) on a Luts CP body (beauty white) and here is the result:

[​IMG]

Sorry quick and poor quality image as the sun was going down and I was rushing. And one of his eyes is missing, but shhh let's ignore that for the moment (I'm going to pop his head off to redo his faceup tonight or tomorrow anyhow).

I really like this hybrid! I think after all my body angsting, this is the right answer for me. Now, I like the proportions but I think for an absolute perfect fit you'd want to shave the neck down a little bit or widen the neck opening on the head, but this is good enough to my eye that I think I will let him be. However you can see that without the wig, the neck looks a tad long.

Color difference is negligible, though I have heard that Luts CP, particularly old CP, is kind of luck of the draw so who knows. The body does have a sliiightly greenish cast in some lights, while the head is the most pure white resin of all the dolls and doll parts I own, with only a very slight creamy cast.

ETA: I thought he was looking really cute in this wig, so a little extra photo! ...still with that one missing eye, haha.

[​IMG]

17. Necroing this thread since I finally redid my Louis's faceup. And named him Conradin.

[​IMG]

18. OMG he's so handsome :love Louis is my grail and I finally got him home. I love your faceup and jope you don't mind if you can redo mine as well? Thanks

#338 Phuong Nguyen, Apr 19, 2016
      Last edited: Apr 19, 2016
    19. @Phuong Nguyen thank you so much, you are very kind! However I've got to admit I'm just an amateur not a proper faceup artist, I've never painted anyone's dolls but my own before and I don't have a commissions thread. :sweat You can pm me or contact me on Flickr if you are still interested though; I would not normally offer commissions but I love this sculpt too so I don't mind making an exception for a fellow fan of Glorydoll. Congratulations on getting him!! :) Glorydolls seem to be getting harder to find these days.

20. Miri, Conradin is beautiful! :D

I am so happy to see Glorydolls out and about. I really love them.