1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Glorydoll Lucy/Louis & Karin/Karl discussion

Sep 10, 2007

1. I'm planning on bringing this head home as a brother for my School A ^ ^ There's just something I can't place about this mold that screams, "SIBLING, SIBLING!" to me. I do plan on putting it on a Volks SD10 body though, because I'm not a fan of Glorydoll's, even if it is legit.

I asked on the board whether the white and normal skin would match Volks white and normal, and Glorydoll replied saying that white was different but normal was close. I'm not above some blushing to hide the difference, since I REALLY would prefer the Volks SD10 body, but others may feel the need to continue searching for a better match. I didn't lock my Q&A post, so those interested can read the reply for themselves :)

Hmm, that does sound weird... Maybe they mean that as a solid (not a dust) it won't harm people? Like, since they mentioned that it's "high grade", they want to assure people that it's just as safe as the urethanes of other companies? Pure speculation here ^ ^;

2. that was what I assumed they meant too: in doll form, it is safe. Probably they got questions about the safety of resin or else saw posts referring to the toxic fumes (in pre-cast liquid form) or the silicosis-like effects of resin dust (from sanding improperly).

3. I'm going to order Lucy next week and try to create a Glorydoll - Fantasy Doll - hybrid :o We'll see how that will go! I don't know how those two will fit together, but one has to take risks sometimes ;)

4. I just made an order from glorydoll, and hope soom I can have some reflections to share with you^^, Lucy is really beautiful!

5. Signing back on (I keep jettisoning myself accidentally from threads lately, haha) to keep a watchful eye. I don't have any spare room with an FCS elf coming, so I may have to live vicariously!

I love the thickset bodies and expressive hands. Absolutely no traces of fashion doll, at least!! XD Whew!

Raven

6. I'm with you Ravendolls. I think I might have to put some money aside for Lucy.

7. They are really lovely. Stalking this thread for owner photos

8. I was going to their website, but it seems it´s down? Or missing? :S I have a head on order..maybe i should email?

9. It was up earlier today. They may just be having server problems.

10. I've ordered Lucy on tuesday...now I'm waiting
      I hope it's going to be fast ^_^

11. I may buy the head in the future...its stunning, and makes a gorgeous vampire.:D

I just need to find out what bodies I can work with...anyone think an Afghan body would?

12. I just ordered Lucy..:D .I just loved that face the moment I saw her....I will put her on my Volks SD 10 body or I will see how she looks on a Dollstown 13A...:roll:
      I can't wait to get her.........Looking forward to seeing all these wonderful Glorydolls........:D

xen :)

13. Still crushing on Louis. Lucy is also gorgeous, I think it's the emo eyebrows that are throwing me whenever I look at her. He's a serious contender.

14. My goodness, my heart is broken because Louis basic is sold out!!!
      That was too sudden.
      Wahhh i was so hoping to get him!! T^T Do you think they will restock him?

By the way, the new Oct monthly-one off Prince Silver Louis is so adorable!!
      I think Lucy is very cute too

15. Xen- I can't wait to see what you do with her. I love all your dolls.

Stella- The headmolds are the same for Louis and Lucy. The faceups are what make them look so different. I really love those eyebrows on the Lucy head. She looks like she's about to cry or she's in the throes of ecstasy.

16. Yeah, I do realize that the headmolds are the same. I just prefer a more "serene" faceup. I think it's just my own neurosis that I would worry about her. Can I get you anything? Are you OK? Just kidding here.
      I am sure the Basic Louis will restock, as he is not a limited, no?

17. Hello y'all,
      I am really happy, I ordered the Louis head in white skin to become an inresination of my character Echo Taillevent, I know he will be perfect <3

Since the bodies seem to be out of stock anyway (as in the basic versions of Louis) there's no need to contemplate originality now for me, but it leaves me with a big question....

Whose company's white skin would match Glorydoll's white skin???? We know Volks's doesn't... I really would appreciate your input once some of you have their boys and girls on hand.... please?!^^

18. I fell in love with Shaman Lucy and Basic Louis~ <33 They're beautiful. Hope to see owner's pictures soon!

19. I don't know if anyone here has one yet (of either color) so it's all conjecture at this point..! I'm thinking maybe the color and resin type will be a match for some of the Chinese bodies? My first thought was Abio Angel (either color), though figurally, maybe AOD might suit better (white, I'm not sure about normal). There's always Bobobie, too!

In any case, it sounds like you'll be one of the first to try and hybridize. I for one, am psycho about color matching... my three hybrids are at last at home on matching bodies, but it can be an expensive, annoying process! XP

Raven

20. You speak right from my heart, Raven!<3

And you know, I am really an oldtimer in this hobby, but this is my first attempt at hybridizing!^^ Oh dear. What an experiment.

I really hope that by and by more people will have a white skin Louis to compare to other brands. It is hopeless to try and find a solution from photographs alone....
      I would love to have him on a shorter, less muscular body, that would be ideal for his character, you know. One of the Chinese bodies would suit me just fine, since they are often more readily available than others! So, thanks for your thoughts^^