1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Glorydoll Lucy/Louis & Karin/Karl discussion

Sep 10, 2007

1. Wow! I love them both! They are definately going on my wishlist! I am going to start saving up for at least one of them. I may have to sell my MNF Shiwoo for one, but we will see. I can't wait to see some owner pics! I am having the hardest time deciding between Louis and Lucy!

2. To those who have already received their doll :
      Did Glorydoll check the "gift" box ?
      What price did they put on the EMS paper ?

thanks for your help :D

3. They are beautiful but why their faces are so shiny?

4. Do you mean the blank heads? Some resin heads, freshly cast, are shiny... either because the finish is very smooth or because of mold release.
      sanding with fine-grit sponges and/or a faceup will cure that!

Raven

5. I am really confused. I see very very few similarities between the PD body and these, besides the boys' bit. The body is detailed much more starkly and much more intensively, and the hip bones on the PD seem to go straight down while these have a 45 degree or somesuch curve.

It is disappointing to me how every single new company is always copy copy copy. Regardless of if they really did or did not. :(

To me, the male body has the most beautiful and yet natural body and silhouette I have ever seen. It is quite honestly the only male doll body I have ever liked. Whereas, to me, the PD body and HD body seem much more plain and I don't care for them much if at all. Perhaps tiny changes can be the difference between love and dislike, but the only similar thing is the bit and that's a thing of rather unimportance for resin lads.

6. KakuraChan, the company originally accused of copying was Phantomdolls who were under suspicion of using the old Happy Doll/ now Angel Region boy body. In the cited thread Glorydoll wasn't even mentioned.
      The only connection Glorydoll seems to have with Phantomdolls is Phantom doing Glorydoll's face ups (to the best of my knowledge).
      IMHO the Phantomdolls body looks a lot different from the Glorydoll body, and I think it's possible these suspicions have gone a little astray. But that's just my impression.
      It's always best to form your own opinion first methinks...^^

7. Hi there, here is my Glorydoll Lucy...she just arrived. I have put her on a Dollstown Pinkwhite Elf body..53cm..fits perfect...her face-up was done by Phantom. Eyes are 14mm Soom. I reall do love her, I have named her Evangeline or Eva for short.....

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

More pictures are in the Gallery......

xen :)

8. Oh wow! She looks marvelous! :D

Thanks for sharing your photos! I have only seen one other Lucy so far, hoping more of the Lucy/Louis mold will pop up in the gallery in time. ^_^

9. xen, she is marvellous!
      What does everyone think about the two new ones? I kind of love them, very expressive and great full features.

10. I don't really care if the bodies are copies or not (have read to many accusations that went astray), one of my boys ís going to be on one! I love that small and slender sculpt!

11. She's to die for, Xen! Congrats!^^

12. Wow, xen she looks great!!! Congrats!

Raven

13. Xen, how long did you wait for your Eva to be shipped, all in all?

14. Congrats Xen. She's absolutely stunning! What would you the say the resin color is like? More pink, green or yellow undertone?

15. Thanks for the lovely comments on Lucy guys......

Kogepan....thanks.
      Stella Maris...thanks...oh yes, I love the new ones too....tempting...lol...
      Silk......thanks....
      Mandagore....thanks....from 17th Oct. to 16th November, so about a month.
      Ravendolls.....thanks...
      ArcaneMuse...thanks.....I'd say more of a pink undertone. She looked best on the Dollstown pinkwhite. The Volks N/S tone was too yellow, she did look good on Kaye Wiggs body and it is more of a pinkish tone but the neck of the body was too big/long.

All the best,

xen

xen

16. Thanks for the info Xen. I'm going to try to find a suitable body and order the head this week.

17. I just discovered Lucy/Louis today, basically, and I am so in love!

But, does anyone know why none of the pictures on the website are showing up? I'm kind of bummed!

18. Louis and Lucy are beautiful... :D They're both on the top of my wishlist.
      But I'm waiting to see more hybrids, maybe with chinese bodies... I want them in white skin. So I can't wait to see how the head looks with FDoll or AOD body. :)

And congrats for those who already have their Lucy or Louis. :D

19. i m so in love with louis <3

20. Wanted to share my new Glorydoll Louis (head), Gwen ^^ Obviously he still needs a face up, but here he is with his father Menna (peroth) & brother Mallory (bliss) :) I love this sculpt!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]