1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Glorydoll Lucy/Louis & Karin/Karl discussion

Sep 10, 2007

1. i just saw the new limited lucy....preeeetty morbid...

2. haha, im actually falling for that morbid lady;)

3. The limited goth-loli Lucy is so wicked >.<
      and so i finally ordered her! can't wait to have her home!!

4. Nifty!

I'm waiting for a limited Zombie skin Karl. I so would adore having a grey skinned boy! :D

5. Wow, Lucy is gorgeous! :D :D :D And I don't usually like gore mods. This one is so nicely done.

I have to put off Louis for a bit since I ordered Javi, but I will be back for him. Glorydoll is definitely one of my favorite companies, I can't wait to see what they come up with next. ^__^

6. awesome. im looking forward to seeing owner photos of this gory lady.

7. The site has been down for days. I was all ready to purchase Lucy and then...wham no site! Anyone have any news on this?

8. Same happened to me! The site is down!
      I've been trying to see if they have any new outfits (they are so beautyful!!!).

9. Yep, looks like it's down....

Ooooo, perhaps it's for an update and when it comes back they'll finally be offering albino/zombie/tanning skin. =3 Not that I can afford it right now. XD I really want an albino skin Louis, though....

10. That's a great idea, I hadn't thought of that! I just got my Lucy home and I adore her, the resin is beautiful, the face-up by phantom is amazing, and I'm already considering getting another Glorydoll! If they do release the new skintones, I'm seriously considering a tan Karl or maybe a zombie one! And I bet albino Louis will be amazing too acanthiel!

11. Hello there nice people.

I am very new to the BJD world. I got my very first dolly (ShuShu) in November and I am currently teaching myself how to sew...whew it is hard! But I looooveeeee my doll.

I am so excited to get a second doll and I decided on Lucy a few weeks ago. I like the half closed eyes. I have been thinking about getting the Charisma Face up but I am a little worried that so much dark around the eyes might over power her already small eyes.Any thoughts on this? I would just like you opinions!

Thank you :)

12. Welcome to the hobby, Shushu is a very beautiful mold ;).

As for Lucy, her eyes dont seem that small in person, they're very proportional to her (small)face- she is very dainty overall. Also, I think if you gave her light eyes, the dark eye-shadow would enhance them and make them stand out, rather than overpower them.

13. melodian-calling>> could i ask your opinion on the sculpt as a guy, then, since you own the sculpt? ^^;; i've been toying with the idea of a louis, but i'm afraid that the daintiness might overshadow any chance of it being a masculine sculpt, especially since she really does seem really dainty in your signature pic. ^^;;

14. kiradyn_rhiode>>

Hmmm, I initially was going to buy her as a boy, but now I have her, imo she wouldn't work as male for me:sweat.

Her head is very small compared to my CP El, which makes her seem very small and dainty. She also has very full rounded cheeks and lips, with a small chin. However I have seen several male Louis on the board and it does work, so it depends on you preferences.

I imagine the sculpt would make a very good effeminate/ girly-boy with little effort, and the choice of face-up heavily influences the gender/character the doll portrays. I chose the 'Lovely' type make-up which is very feminine and pretty so that probably bias' my opinions ;)

I don't really know what other advice I could give you, this is a very subjective thing..... but I hoped I helped in some way!:)

15. melodian-calling>> thanks for your opinion! :3

i'd considered making him into an angst-ridden (somewhat androgynous) boy, so it sounds like it might work, though hopefully he might still look at least a mite MALE. ^^;;

thanks all the same!! ^o^

16. kiradyn_rhiode - I'm gonna post my boy's new photos soon xD He does looks pretty and can pass well as androgynous.

17. Does anyone know if Glorydoll will re-stock any of their clothes? I hope so as they are so beautiful! I just got my Louis today and he needs these clothes...:lol:

18. Congrats on the arrival of you boy!~
      I've just gotten my Glorydoll Goth Lucy about a month back, and she does look very adrogynous.

SDink>>
      Perhaps you could leave a message on their QnA board? They are quite efficient in replying their messages.

19. I did and they sid they would re-stock the following week, that was about a month ago :sweat

I do check the site every day though, thanks!

20. They updated their website.
      Goth Lucy-The 2nd Edition is available for sale!