1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Granado Female Body Nuevo Discussion Thread

Jan 15, 2012

1. I believe the head on the nuevo body is Sidonia.

Ugh. I am TORN. I like elements of both bodies. My Sidonia is due to be shipped out in the next couple of days. I love the breasts and butt on the old one, but the belly, hips, hands, and pubis of the new one. the new one looks waaay more realistic to me, but the old one is the only body I've seen that has a "corseted" shape.

Maybe Sidonia needs two bodies - one for in clothes and one out. :P

2. Augh...thanks for letting me know. Now I feel like I have to get Sidonia....

I like the old body just fine but the waist area looks very unrealistic to me even for a corsetted shape. I much prefer the look of a LoongSoul body if I were going to make a corsetted doll. Maybe It's because the old Granado girl body has a super low waist and I prefer it to be more towards the middle of the torso.

EDIT: Looking at it further, that is exactly why I don't like the old girl body. The waist line is way too low and throws the propotions off. The shoulders are a bit wide too given the hip width. Overall just a bit drag queen looking with the low waist. She also has kind of thick ankles.

EDIT2: I like the breast size of the Nuevo but I also hope that Granado will have a bust size choice in the future. Nothing too large but just a bit bigger for a lusher character would be nice even tho I generally like small bust.

3. does anyone know where can I find a skin tone comparisons or descriptions with which companies head it will fit?

4. I also hope that Granado will release the breasts size choices. I like small breasts better but big ones are not bad.:)

5. I was blown away by the natural looks of this new body! If only I could know what matches their WS....

6. As i remember, their WS is in "cream white" tone, similar to Volks white. But I am not sure about that.

7. Sidonia in person looks more natural than in her photos, especially with clothes on. She does have a long waist and sturdy ankles, but in person she looks more "athletic tomboy" than "drag queen". I was pleasantly surprised by her.

Maybe we need to start a Granado resin matching thread, or is there one already?

8. Invie I agree with you on the hip joint. I love the look of the hip joint, but I'll take a regular ball joint over a strange bend in the thigh every time. To me she is almost perfect for a natural athletic girl, but the hip joint is a deal breaker.

I do love realism and mobility, but in some of the pics she looks like she has a very painful broken leg. I would so get this body for my June, (who is a spy-action oriented girl and would wear a black catsuit). But I would want all the mobility of a ball and socket hip joint like a real human has. The rest of the body is fantastic--I'd love to see her with jointed hands too.

It seems odd though, if her purpose is mobility and realism, then why the hinge style hip joint? They should leave that for the more fashion-doll, SD16 type body with high heel feet/legs--female body #3.

Oh well, it's not like we get to vote before production or anything. But jeez, almost perfect!

9. I search for a long time but i can't found any Granado resin matching thread, maybe we can start one? :?

10. IT's true. Almost perfect. I will still get her and see if I can mod her a bit so her hip joint works a bit better. I don't like the broken leg line but I will see if she looks better clothed.

11. Those are my thoughts exactly! Oh, for an extra centimetre ot so, but otherwise I think she is amazing. She is going to be such a pleasure to make clothes for!

12. This body is lovely! I have a floating head, but she's Aria doll and might be a little young looking, though the smaller breasts help. The head is big enough-I've put it on a Supergem girl body for kicks and it can take a bigger body. Has anyone done resin matching with Granado? My head is WS, though slightly pinky white rather than paper white.

13. Thanks for starting a comparison thread, yeren! I need to take some photos for it.

The hip most likely has a stringing slot hidden in the socket, like Unoa, so it should have mobility to the side as well as front. Depends on how it's made, but I suppose we'll all be finding out in a couple of months. Sidonia's thigh joint is very good-fitting and stable. It never pops out on its own. Half the time I forget it's there!

14. Can't wait for the comparison pictures!
      I am very curious about why there are no holes on the hip joints, it looks really beautiful and magical.

15. I don't think the hip can move side to side. You can see in the posing photos that the thigh joint is where the legs splay outwards. If the hip joint could pose side to side I don't think they would give her such an odd pose. I believe the lihmwa EOS body does the same thing. Odd but that's how they chose to eliminate the joint slot. Looking at photos for the 43cm girl body from dear mine and the new kid body from Souldoll, this is the new trend. I think the new souldoll joints might have more mobility than the others but in all the photos of this new kind of joint, the legs don't seem to be able to spread very far. Not even shoulder width so that the most normal pose they can get into if you don't utilize the thigh joint is with the feet one in front of the other as if taking a step.

16. maybe you can only choose pink skin, Granado's white is yellow tone.

17. Maybe we can talk them into taking a picture for us, showing the range of motion.

18. like i've said before, a perfect doll would be beautiful, stable and has great mobility. IMO Crocus is a very good sculptor, they do take our comments seriously and he has made significant improvement in his dolls.
      Actually I don't care all that much about the hip joint, since I'll dress her up anyways. What I like most is her natural form and posability:)
      I think this body is a lot better than her predecessors, she has much flexibility in posing. Her potential is what I love most :)

19. I do care quite a bit about a hip joint--it's a great feature of ball jointed dolls. I'm a long time fashion doll collector and have many dolls with limitations on mobility--and especially this particular joint. I do not like the idea of eliminating the "ball" in ball jointed dolls--it seems like an unnecessary step backwards.

Truly, I do not get it. Aesthetically, the knee joint is not so gorgeous to look at so why sacrifice the functionality of a true ball-jointed hip for something prettier to look at? Why this one joint? It seems arbitrary in a way.

This is really kind of odd because so many of the fashion dolls have gone to a fully rotational hip joint and more ball-jointed like features than ever before.

I'll wait and see how she works before I order a body. I do like the rest of the body very, very much, but I am curious to see how she poses and what Invie comes up with for modifications to the hip joint.

I know I am picky--even more so after selling so many dolls because I find one I like more or because of improved functionality. I've learned to wait for dolls that I feel are very special. I kinda know by now what is going to bug me about a sculpt.