1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Granado Tiny Doll Discussion II

Feb 27, 2022

1. His hair looks awesome!!! Good to
      Know about the clothes. I did buy some cheap clothes but the trousers are too tight on his hips and he can’t sit down in them at all lol. I’m going to try making some clothes as soon as I have some time.
      What’s the best eye putty to use ?

2. @Blubell I personally use the back of a paintbrush to help me prod the eyes into position. I do what @VampireAngel13 does with the putty, too, and it can help. The other thing I do is wet the back of the tool (ie my back-of-the-paintbrush) slightly so it doesn't stick to the putty and then end up pulling the eye out. I use poster tack. Any kind of sticky tack... Granado sent the Faber-Castell kind when I got 2 pairs of eyes with my Bonnie, but really any brand will do.

For clothes, you do NOT want to get 38-45cm clothes and try to size them down. There's just no point, it would be an exercise in frustration. For pants, you can try Clear-Lan, I've had good luck with the Fashion Royalty Homme size for my Vigor and Adagio boys. I don't know how they compare to the Evolve body in girth, though, them boys are massive. This is part of why I renewed my interest in sewing...

I DIY my wigs, too, but Facets has some size 3 and 4 wigs, and Parabox does too. Not a lot of short, masculine styles to choose from, but if you want something longer they'd be worth checking.

3. Thank you. I ended up using a knitting needle to help me position the eyes. I have some BluTak which I use to hang posters- will that be ok? I used a tiny amount but I think I could use a bit more to make it easier. I didn’t know about wetting the end to make it easier to remove without pulling the eyes out. I think I’ll be making him some trousers today as it’ll be easier than buying them. Trousers aren’t that hard to make if they’re elasticated right? I can try the harder styles later on. I’ve never made anything so small.
      I did look on Facets yesterday but they didn’t have anything I liked - only one make wig in the size needed. I’ll try parabox. Maybe I should try making a wig but I have no idea how to even start.
      Paradox did have one but the shipping was almost 3 times the price of the wig so that’s a no.

#163 Blubell, Sep 17, 2022
      Last edited: Sep 17, 2022
    4. BluTak works great! I usually rip off enough to make a little snake that I can coil around the eye (hopefully that makes sense).

For making wigs, it's actually pretty simple to get started! Your first wigs will probably be junky, but that's what practice is for. ;) There's a lot of advice on how to make hard-cap wigs in the Styling & Crafting subforum--I recommend this thread to start: Hard cap wigs for small heads.

They're pretty simple though. To give a quick, not very detailed overview of the process:
      1. Cover your doll's head with plastic wrap (to keep it from getting messed up by glue); secure it around the neck (usually) with a rubberband or something
      2. Stretch some kind of thin fabric over the head (thin pantyhose, tulle, etc--stretch fabric is easier to get wrinkle-free). Secure with elastics or string--I usually hook the elastic under the nose, over the ears, and at the base of the skull. (Makes more sense when you're doing it/looking at it.)
      3. Cover that with layers of glue--regular PVC/white glue works fine, there's a lot of advice and discussion on which glues to use out there. Let each layer dry. Do about 3-4, until the cap is smooth and hard.
      4. Draw on a hairline--make it bigger than you think the first time, since you can trim it back. Take fabric off of head, trim, put back on head.
      5. Glue hair/fiber/whatever to head in some kind of way that makes sense with the style you want, working outside edge to inside.
      There's of course a lot of finesse and details in there, but pretty simple process in essence, no? Making my own wigs has saved my life. Never do I have to worry about it not fitting! Just about my own skill in making the styles I want, which can be worked on.

5. That’s so helpful thank you so much I’m going to try that next week when I have some time. We have a house inspection this week so I’m cleaning everything lol

6. My Lucifer 32Evolve just landed too :XD:
      Ok I still need to set the eyes, find him a wig, some clothes,…

[​IMG]

7. Mine arrived also and I just love him! I'm in the same boat! I need to set his eyes and find a wig, clothes, etc.

8. Oh wow I love that faceup on him!! Congrats on the arrival(s)!

9. I caved! I just placed an order a few minutes ago.

10. I almost caved in but bought a body for a head, I already had, with the money. Now I have to wait until later.

11. A drow!! I can't wait to see him, please do share pictures. I'm really debating between getting him, or committing myself to expanding into the 75cm size... it's so hard to choose.

12. I ordered another tiny boy, this time a 15cm white Ninth on the Adagio body. He has sealed eyes - does that mean he is off topic now?
      I have Luke, in windfresh and Rabbit in normal. Luke finally got most of his faceup and body blushing done. Waiting on the humidity to lower before I seal him and get him dressed. Rabbit is likewise waiting for sealing to get his faceup and body blush.

13. Yes, sealed eyes are off topic but I think we should apeal to DOA and ask them to allow sealed/painted eyes if the head circumference is less than 3cm. Though I would like my 30cm sealed eyes dolls to be on topic also.

14. I agree, it would be nice if dolls that otherwise met the criteria were on-topic! (Or if it was more of a "it has to have these at a minimum and then X number of the following qualities" system, to cover things like dolls that are BJDs but not made of cast polyurethane!) Unfortunately your tiny guy is off-topic, but I hope you'll maybe share him in Brigadoon? I think that'd be okay.

15. I think he will be sneaking in with the other two who are on topic. I"ll have to make sure that it is a group photo though. So no solo shots except in Brigadoon.

16. Just posted about this in the general mature tiny BJD thread, but! There's a new Granado girl, Jade, on a new body...! It's so pretty and tall, and I LOVE her elf ears. Someone in a Discord server I'm in has ordered her already, and I'm so sorely tempted. I love me a tall elf...

17. Just ordered my first set of these tiny dolls!

I ordered through Legenddoll as the granado doll website didn't have the heads I wanted (I was surprised they offered them)! I'm so excited to get them! I am curious--how long is production time usually for a blank head and body?

I did pick up the small ball jointed hands as well. Was going back and forth on them (so expensive lol), but thought I might as well go all out. I've spoiled myself immensely on doll purchases the past month:XD:

18. Nice, congratulations! Legenddoll does often have dolls that aren't being offered directly by the maker because they have a special deal to carry limited items by quantity and not time. (They do this with Asleep Eidolon, too!) In my experience, the production time is the "usual" of 3-4 months, mostly closer to 3 for me.