1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

"Growing up" or re-shelling dolls?

Apr 20, 2008

1. Recently I wanted to make one of my tinies into a different character because I found his mold had an older form. I was needing someone to be a baby hawk, and couldn't find the right mold. So I decided that my Chubby would 'upgrade' to a Favian and then the Chubby would be the new baby. :3

I'm so excited I can't wait till he shows up in a few days. (Already shipped~!)

2. I'm going to be doing this! My bory, Dietre, is a character that I have as an adult, I just ended up getting a kid version of him. But I plan on getting an adult version of him, a soom Dia boy, this christmas. I'm going to keep the Bory version, 'cause I love him too much. xD

3. Yeah, I've done it twice with one of my dolls/characters. TK started as a baby-faced Kun SD10 boy, and then he "grew" into a more mature-looking School C and now I finally switched to an SD13 body. I definitely didn't plan for this to happen, but as the character changed and matured, I wanted to reflect that.

4. I saw this gorgeous Miho (Leslie Van Def Hoff, actually) and KNEW that's what Shasta would look like when he grew up. (it's a souldoll body too, so WHORISH, perfect for Shasta)
      Then again, trying for body matching with a Miho is too much trouble, so the dream died, but I may still go the grown up Shasta path. It'd be an interesting adventure, developing his older self.

5. I want to eventually get a Unidoll Lily and Dalia to be adult versions of Lucy and Charlie, but I will keep their child versions. I like the idea of having both for some reason.

As other people have mentioned, I have had cases where a certain doll of mine has simply matured on its own over the course of time. Changes in clothing and faceups have helped reflect this of course.

6. I have a SD Volks Kun boy, who is supposed to be a 13 year old. I have thought about his personality and storyline so far, and the progression of his storyline goes much further than what I have done with him physically [in photos and written stories]. I already know that I want his older version to be a SD13 Reisner boy, especially since I have already planned out his future storyline.

I thought of replacing the Kun mold altogether, but I think that my Kun is very beautiful. I don't want to replace him.

In the end, I decided that when I get my Reisner then I will also keep my Kun, but their characters will not interact. One will simply be the future version and the other will be the youth version. I enjoy my SD Kun boy way too much to let him go. If I don't want it to happen, then I don't need to replace one doll I like with another.

7. I did this, yes. ^_^ Seiji started off 9 years old as a Mythdoll Leroi, but eventually I made him grow up. He is now a AngellStudio Cain.

[​IMG]
      [​IMG]

8. I was going to do that... My KD Bory would grow into a Soony or Miyu, but that didn't go as planned. But she will still kinda grow up. From a KD to a MNF. ^^

9. I'm going to be doing it, as soon as I'm able to get my Dolkot Kiss. He's going to be a teenage/adult version of Benjamin, my CP Ttori. And there's no way I'm selling "the little guy", either when his older counterpart arrives. He's too important a part of my doll family to me (hopelessly bonded). Having both adult and child around could make for some interesting photostories ^_^ Eventually I'm also going to be buying Benjamin's best friend in both child and adult form, but that won't be happening until later next year at the earliest. I'm hopelessly undecided on what mold to get for the child version right now, anyway...

Jaden and Benjamin are being used as a child versions of my Elfdoll Red and Unidoll UH-13 in 'flashback' scenes for photostories, but they're both retaining their identities outside that setting.

SInce other people have been posting pictures...here's what the two molds look like side-by-side. Dolkot promo pic of Kiss on the left, Ttori on his arrival day on the right.

[​IMG]

10. I do want to do this quite a bit, but i can't part ways with my Too. He was my first doll and i love him so much, i'm thinking of changing his character to what i originally planned and growing his character up. But the only mold that looks even remotely what he'd look like as an adult is DOI Luke.. and i'm not too keen on Luke yet =/ Either that or Camine, but i always saw him as taller than my Ducan.

So no growing up yet~

11. With an out fit change, I kinda went the opposite direction. My Elfdoll Lydia (1st edition) looked very dramatic in her original outfit and probably about 25 or older. So I got her a very simple tank top and half pants, no jewelery, barefoot, and voila; she looked about 12.

12. Some time in the near future, I'm going to end up with two different resin versions of my favority City of Heroes toon... I already have the five year-old "chibi" version of Palrah ("Pally", my LittleFee Elf Shiwoo).

My "grown-up", adult version is going to an IpleHouse Akando.

The later isn't really a replacement for the former. I'm keeping the Littlefee, too. They're just the same character at two different points in time.

13. I've not done that before, because to me my minis are grown up and always have been. However, it's definitely an option for people who want their characters at different stages in life.

14. I guess what I want to do is backwards. Two of my SD dolls I want to create children versions of. They were friends from childhood so... but I don't know if I want to use tinys or MSD. But I would be keeping both versions.

15. I plan to do the same thing, actually. Two of my future dolls will be 1/3 size and I hope to find child versions for them, too. :XD:

16. Very interesting thread! I will eventually need a 14-year-old version of my Anna. If anyone has any suggestions about which mould in the 55-60 cm range looks like a younger version of Soom Meisa, I would love to hear your ideas!
      [​IMG]