1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Guilty pleasures

Mar 12, 2017

1. I collect eyes too! I have at least twice as many pairs of eyes as I have dolls, which makes no sense. But they're so prettyyyy.

2. I completely understand you!
      Glass eyes are just so gorgeous, and custom/handmade ones are almost collectible.

3. Exactly! Handmade eyes are all so unique. Plus I love having lots of options for eyes for my dolls. I just switch them out when I get bored.

4. I have a huge collection of doll eyes, many of which I just bought because they were pretty, figuring I'd stumble upon some use for them.... which is unlikely lol.
      I also really love edgy gothic boy dolls, or aesthetics along that line. I see so many dolls like this, but I can't help it. I love them xP So i have to add mine to the mix!

5. My guilty pleasure would be fantasy dolls with pointed ears and dreaming eyes :aheartbea They are so otherworldly and beautiful, I can't resist!

6. My big one would probably be art supplies... I read a tutorial recommending something, or I see something in my local supplies shop, and it seems shiny and full of possibility! Of course, actually sitting down and trying it out is a different question...

Plus I agree with everyone who's said "fabric"- I think this is made worse by the fact that it can be so hard to find prints in the right scale, so when I see one the impulse is to snap it up without stopping to think "wait, do I have any dolls planned that would actually wear this? And is the fabric quality any good? And do I even LIKE the print?" It's that false-scarcity effect...

Honestly though I think I have way more guilty pleasures when it comes to off-topic dolls, probably because they're much easier to impulse-buy!

7. I feel like this hobby has somehow turned into my guilty pleasure outlet in terms of characters in general haha... The characters in my writing are a lot more detailed than my doll characters. I think dolls are just where I get to relax and indulge in my more outlandish OCs without having to justify them in a story xD

And augh the window shopping/dry shopping. It's hard for me to trust ebay because I'm a nervous person, but I sure do peruse the used bjds all the time still!

Oh and fabric hoarding. Hoarding crafting supplies in general haha. "I don't NEED this empty cereal box but what if I could make something out of it someday hmmmmmm" etc I have to do a routine junk unhaul and the amount I cling to stuff like pipe cleaners I've never used is pretty funny.

8. ooo personally, dressing my little ones up in cute cute outfits, and buying them stuffed animals. like sailor suits, oversized long sleeves, frilly dresses and bloomers. my guilty pleasure for sure has to be getting ruffly cute sailor suits and thigh highs for my boys. its just so much fun to look over countless outfits, find, and or make cute outfits for my babies. i have two boys and one girl and theyre all always dressed incredibly cute and fun. i cant help it.

9. Sparkly eyes, particularly Oscar eyes. Not that any of my dolls actually wear them - I'll get them positioned on a doll face and then I'll stand back and think ... nnnnno, she'd be better with plain blue (or green or whatever). So I have this lovely little stash of sparkly eyes that don't get used, but I can't bear to part with them!

10. My guilty pleasure is to take a sexy picture of my boy doll.

11. Mine's lucky bags. It's the element of surprise, I think. It's like a gift to myself and the anticipation of finding out what it is keeps me buying them even after a couple of disappointing ones.

12. Bizarre sculpts
      Sculpts with an obvious or extreme expression
      open mouth and teeth

These things will cause me to impulse buy even though I don't want too!!

13. I dont know if its a guilty pleasure or just weird, but I dont have a doll. So a few times a day I will go to the listing of the doll I am going to get and just sift through her pictures. Also sift through wigs trying to find the right one for her. I also am learning to sew, and everytime I am at walmart I will pick up a few fat quarters.

14. My current guilty pleasure is looking at the company pictures of the doll I've just put on layaway, and try to find things (wigs, shoes, clothes) that I think might work with the character. I'm a little low on money at the minute, and trying to save for a trip in April, so I can't buy too many pieces for him right now, but it's nice to just look and dream. Plus, the last couple of times I've ordered through dealers haven't gone quite as I'd hoped (one cancellation and another delay), so I'm not rushing into buying anything for him. Just in case.

15. With other doll collections it's been shoes. I have a feeling it will be wigs. I haven't had my doll a month but I've already got two more wigs on the way... ^^;;;

16. I’d say commissioning branded clothing for my girls. It adds up! Lol.

17. My guilty pleasure is window shopping so hard I sometimes forget when I do buy something :sweat

18. Accessories, clothes, wigs, eyes and props lol.....these are all my guilty pleasures. I spend way more on my dolls than anything else. At least I can squirrel them away to a degree!

19. Definitely a fabric overhaul. I always fall in love with prints and I might not end up using them. I recently started to downsize because I have 2 cupboards full of old clothes that I put away to use up for doll clothes. o///o

20. Furniture and props! I search continuously and spend too much.