1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Guilty pleasures

Mar 12, 2017

1. I'm with you on this, I find hunting them out things really addictive! I'm usually the only person in the antique shop who squeals over mini instruments or chairs :lol:

2. My guilty pleasure would probably be splurging on all of the handsome male sculpts! :blush I also like purchasing or making ridiculously high quality clothes for my dolls as well. It's nice when they are all well dressed! :3nodding:

3. My doll alone is a guilty pleasure for me, lol.

Lately I have been buying more things for her(wigs, eyes, clothes) and that's been quite a treat :) the hobby is a luxury I allow myself

4. dresses and heels . for my boy hahhah:celebrate

5. My guilty pleasure is definitely shoes :lol: I honestly can’t get help myself but go buy doll shoes whenever I end up looking online... I’m about ready to bad myself :blush

6. Obsessively looking for pictures of Switch dolls online and on Instagram is my guilty pleasure. I love them so much. Someday I'll buy one, but for now they're out of my price range, so I'm content just looking.

7. props/miniatures or just the doll in general hah.

8. The dolls themselves, really.

9. Definitely the outfits. I like to commission outfits and they cost a pretty penny. I don't mind it, though, because the outfits are gorgeous on the dolls.

Also eyes. I have a tendency to buy a TON of eyes and now all of them are getting shipped to me. Pretty sure I have more eyes than dolls at this point...

10. Oh god same. I have a box that is dedicated to eyes. I don't really have any plans for the eyes but if I see a pair I really like (they're usually the ones made by private sellers) I throw my money at them. I finally shoved some into a head where the pupils are cherry blossoms. :3nodding:

11. I think Dolls themselves just became my guilty pleasure. I went from having none, to having 4 with 6 more on the way. That's 10 I've somehow managed to get my hands on, layaway or otherwise.

12. Blonde or pale-colored hair paired with white or cream dresses. I know that's oddly specific, but it's a look I really like and is a huge weak point for me. I like having a diverse collection, but I am guilty of owning several dolls with this image.

13. I think for me its buying fabric and patterns to make fun clothes that I never have the time to make. I have bins of fabric and no room for more but I still see things and think, "Oh this will make a cute outfit for.. " lol.

14. Putting them in funny poses.

15. Miniature elements for displays, backdrops, or just on their own merit! I love little foods and accessories. I think my favorite Festivus gift this year was a vintage miniature lantern that a friend gave me.

Within the hobby of miniature collecting itself, I can't seem to stop myself from buying inexpensive blank bowls and plates so that I can paint them to look like the dishes my parents and grandparents used when I was a child. Lovely old antique pots and dishes that were just casually used until they were damaged or passed along to another family member. Seeing those things in the little settings that I make for my dolls is so satisfying.

16. One of my pastimes is going to an online BJD related store. I'll often open a page with a product I like in a new tab, symbolically buying it. Sometimes I'll even load a shopping cart and empty it once I"m done choosing what I want.

I've long since come to the conclusion I enjoy the feeling of wanting an item. More often than not, the pleasant feeling goes away once I have the thing. This way I enjoy the longing without taxing my pocket or limited storage space.

17. I really like to get them entire sets of props. I get those playline sets, like bakeries, pizza parlors, movie theatres, flower shops, whatever, the American Girl sized ones, My Life As. Our Generation. They can fit the SD dolls if you lift them up on little wooden crates. I love all the food props and other stuff that goes with it. I have a lot of sets like this. I have the holiday stuff in it's own bin and I pull that out every Christmas.

This is the 'Hello Kitty Bakery' and my 60cm dolls with it.

[​IMG]100_0517 by Rabbid Bunnies, on Flickr

18. For my SD sized girls, it’s hats by a particular talented artisan on Etsy. I have over 30 of them and they became a collection within a collection for me.:whee: I even had to buy a nice display cabinet just to show them all off!

[​IMG]

19. My guilty pleasure is gothic styling. I keep making more little resin goths, so I can deck them out in black clothes and chains and it never gets old. I have male dolls styled this way (Vesuvius), I have a ton of female dolls styled this way (Mora, Vidania, Liriel, Cassandra, Kora, etc). This goes doubly if you include pastel goths, at which point I could include Era, Cole and Tacet in the mix. I specifically bought Cole because I loved her faceup with black lips, and I wanted to immediately pair it with a pink wig and see how it looked!

20. Fantasy slim minis and tinies, especially with animalistic features. Historical and fantasy inspired clothes. Expressive sculpts and faceups.