1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Guu Dolls

Sep 11, 2015

1. I can take pictures of white skin

2. [​IMG] They sent me pictures when inquired about their skin colors. They only showed me normal skin and white skin. Do not buy from this company. ugh, actually i'm just personally annoyed at them for ignoring my message. Very rude.

3. Odd.. when I inquired about resin colors though Stacy's Pink Ocean, I was able to get samples for only a small shipping fee which will be deducted from the cost of my order if I place one.

As for the bad quality resin, I would ask AC about it. I had an issue with a doll I got from them and they were very responsive and helpful.

4. Hello, guys, I'm planning to buy their 60 cm body to hybrid with my Little Monica white skin. In Alice Collection's, Guu doll has 3 skin options, the normal, white and pure white. I inquired Alice about it and she says Pure white is paper white. I was wondering if it can match LM ws

5. I have samples! I cannot get photos today as it is cloudy and I have very poor lighting in my house AND I still need to replace my photo light that broke... BUT I can tell you the pure white is a good match for my newer Dollchateau. It is also whiter than any off my WS Soom dolls (though to be fair, my newest Soom resin is three and a half years old).
      The regular white actually has a bit of color in it, and could pass for a very pale normal skin color if only compared to the pure white. It is darker than all my white resins (save for those that are very old and yellowed).
      Normal skin is a very good match for my older Luts/CP dolls.

I will try to get photos for everyone as soon as I can. :)

(Oh, and I had a nightmare about ordering a Guu body thanks to Danone. Dreamed that she came way worse than Danone's photos.. I was thinking, "I can fix this with a bit of sanding.. maybe a hot water bath to fix the dents", then I turn the body over and there are huge chunks missing from her shoulder blades. Like a two inch by one inch wide crater that was a quarter inch deep!)

6. I was thinking of hybriding my Sarubia ws head to Guu doll. So can Pure ws work?

7. I bought pure white. But white skin from Little Monica is pinkish. So I left the head in the sun, until the pink color is gone. As you can see in the photos, the colors fit well.

8. Oh I see thank you <3

9. I didn't know Guu Dolls had a thread here!! : O

I have Nao-Naixu (NS) head on Fairyland Feeple70 body. Compared to old Fairyland resin is quite a bit yellower than the old body. I also had her a short while on Fairyland Feeple60 Moe body and even though new fairyland is pretty pink, the shade difference was not that visible to my eyes : ) Decent hybrid difference that can be fixed with a bit of blushing!

I also had the body and I think that she posed decently. I'm always a bit picky about dolls if they don't come with mobility joints so that was a deal breaker for me, but other than that the body was really nice! I liked the quality from head to toe and I had no issues with scratches or bubbles : )

Sorry to spam, but here is my girl ^^

[​IMG]

10. By the way, is her chest large or medium size?

11. It is small chest ( as mark in Alice collections )

12. Hello, since there are not many owner pictures of GuuDoll dolls, I decided to make a little review. I won't go into all details, I will just pinpoint things that got my attention and weren't mentioned already.
      I ordered GUU 60cm Tofil via Alice's Collection in normal skin.

• I love shape of head and body. Color is also nice.
      • Quality of details is bit lower. Whole body seems to be sanded (I haven't received doll with sanded of seam lines, so I don't know how is it supposed to look like). You can see "scratches" if you look closely but it's not visible in most of pictures.
      • Material smells bit different than my iplehouse YID boy and kind of feels more fragile.
      Posing ability is awesome except for two problematic points
      - head (It didn't want to stay up. I helped the head with hot glue and it's much better. If you look at the shape of neck, I guess it's understandable why it doesn't want to stay up without help of hot glue)
      - elbow double joint (Lower arm is snapping to straight position. As you can see in picture, lower part has wedge shape and is supposed so fit into groove in counterpart, but it slips out quite easily. He was strung really tightly and snapping joint caused little crack on lower arm.)
      • He has double jointed wrists with mounted s-hook (see pictures), so if you want to switch to jointed hands, you will need spare pair of S-hooks.
      • Pair of nice glass eyes was attached, but no eye putty, so make sure you have some ready
      • If you were trying to find head circumference, it's 23 cm and Alice's Collections' 1/3 wig fits perfectly.

Update: 14.7. - as I mentioned below, I was concerned about crack on his arm - I have explained situation (sent pictures and videos) to Alice and she contacted Guu Doll for me and they sent me new part (right arm) and also included left arm and middle parts!
      They said it was probably bubble or something similar, so I guess regual quality arm should withstand occasional snapping.
      I have ordered Doll Legend 1/3 normal yellow jointed hands for him and they match his skin quite well.

[​IMG]Guu doll Tofil 60.5 cm boy normal skin by Hayath, on Flickr

(horrible face-up by me)

[​IMG]Guu doll Tofil 60.5 cm boy - crack by Hayath, on Flickr

Some resin comparison (new arm Guu Doll sent me is bit more pink than previous color)
      [​IMG]Resin colors comparions by Hayath, on Flickr

In my opinion Doll Legend 1/3 normal yellow hands fits perfectly :) (for size&proportion comparison - next to him is iplehouse normal skin YID boy)

[​IMG]Guys with jointed hands :) by Hayath, on Flickr

#33 hayath, Jun 1, 2016
      Last edited: Aug 5, 2016
    13. I had the same problem. The company agreed to change me the most damaged parts - this is the torso.

14. That's good to hear! Honestly, I wasn't bothered by sanding, it's really barely visible (at least in my case). I didn't find any details that would bother me that much. But I was more concerned about that crack, I wonder if they are willing to replace it when it gets worse or at least let me buy just that part?

15. You should write to them about this problem until it is too late. I ordered through Alice, they helped me in the negotiations with the company.

16. What does Guu doll NS match with? I was thinking of getting a Little Monica Yuria head in NS.

17. Hey everyone! I love the Guu Doll sculpts and have fallen in love with Nao-Naixu, but I noticed that in most photos of her blank head and in owner photos, the right side of her face is distinctly larger than the left side. It almost looks swollen (example here). She's the cutest SD girl I've ever seen, but that cheek is starting to put me off... do any Naixu owners have opinions on it? Does it bother you? Do you not even notice, most of the time?

18. Hi there! I've been looking at guu doll and I love their girl bodies, but looking through all your posts is worrying me about their quality! x)
      In any case, does anyone know if their bodies would work with a zaoll head? Thank you :)

19. As for me, the head is tiny for this body. But in the wig, he looks good. Also I think the neck looks short. The head moved only left and right and bit forward, back does not move.
      [​IMG] [​IMG]
      [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]