1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Guu Dolls

Sep 11, 2015

1. @Danone Thank you so much, that's extremely helpful! :)
      Do you think modding the size of the neck would help with movement at all?

2. @Viivi You're welcome ) )
      I do not know anything about this.
      perhaps it would be better if you wear a neck protector. It's a little lengthen the neck and move will be better.
      [​IMG]

3. Ahh I see, thank you again for your help! :)

4. I'm currently waiting for one of the 58cm girl bodies, as I ordered it about a week and a half ago from Alice's Collections.

I'd love to see more owner pics of these girls, and also any more resin-match photos - especially, with Volks resin. :)

Thanks!

BTW, is there a waiting-room thread for Guu Doll?

5. I received my first SD girl, a blank GuuDoll Elena two days ago and took BO shots including a photo of her next to my Volks SD13 boy body.

[​IMG]GuuDoll BO: with Hamster by Sarah, auf Flickr

Photos can be found in my flickr but I will post a real BO including short review soon.

btw: between ordering and shipping passed 6 weeks. very short O__o

6. OMG!
      She looks awesome! This post is so timely, as I'm waiting for one of these bodies too!

Wow! Those mobility joints really make a difference for extra posability. Very nice!

How old is that SD13 boy body you've got her posing with? I'm just trying to see if the Guu NS resin will match up with a newer Volks head...

7. @miffimifster
      The Volks SD13 body is from 2005/2006. The GuuDoll normal skin is on the pinkish side.

[​IMG]GuuDoll BO: size & colour comparison by Sarah, auf Flickr

I will take some close up resion comparison shots with Volks, Fairyland and Lati normal skin during the next days (I don't own that many dolls, most are white skin)

I am glad I could help ^__^

8. Great to know!
      The 2005-06 resin should be darker and yellower than newer Volks resin. They may match yet...

Looking forward to more pics and comparisons.

9. I got my NS Guu Doll 58cm girl body (with mobility thigh-joints and heel leg parts) just almost two weeks ago. I did a little box opening thing for it.

I've hybridized this body with a Volks SD13 Rinon head (NS), and thought I'd share a pic of how nice she looks all put-together:

[​IMG]

The colour-difference is very minor.

Plus, I've give her a pair of Little Monica hands, as I'm not particularly fond of the Guu Doll girl hands. :)

Edit: Bit of a problem with pic links today... You can click into my Flickr, to see the photos.
      Also this video has a bit about the Guu Doll body hybridization with the Volks head, and a bit of a small review of issues I found.

However, I really love the Guu Doll girl body, despite the issues. I think it's very elegant-looking, feminine and cute. I love its ability to slouch. :)

#49 miffimifster, Sep 25, 2016
      Last edited: Sep 25, 2016
    10. miffimifster she looks lovely! And your video review of the body is also very helpful.

Stacy's Pink Ocean just put up a new Guu Doll body, the 68cm boy: Guudoll 68cm Boy Body - stacyspinkocean.com

I find it really lovely, though I will wait for better photos. I assume these photos are temporary, as Guu Doll usually has very professional photography and these look like cell phone snapshots with the body literally on some kind of old towel. :sweat

It looks like the arms might be double jointed. The knees also seem to have a different joint design from the 60cm range Guu Doll bodies. And the price is much higher. Up to now Guu Doll has been in the budget bjd range, but at $432 regular price for just the body, that's equal or more than the cost of most mid to high end bjd bodies.

I'm really loving the sculpting on this body, very graceful and lean and with skillfully rendered musculature (it has been exasperating me to no end how many thin/tall male bjds I see with weird muscles, like chocolate bar rectangle abs or an excess of veiny detail without actual anatomical basis; buff/tall bodies are typically better sculpted, but I prefer how the thin figures look in clothing so, sigh, this is a bit of a pet peeve of mine). Hoping to see photos of the back, of the body sitting, knees bent to furthest position, elbows fully flexed, and so forth, so I can make a decision.

11. No problem ! Glad it was helpful . :)

Thanksfor the link to the new 68cm body! It looks nice, but considering the quality issues with GuuDoll's joints and general finishing of their dolls , I think this new price tag is a bit high... I guess we'll see...

12. Thank you for the link! This new body really looks awesome! It seems they improved elbow joints. And neck also looks more round and those hands..... beautiful!

I would also like to see higher resolution photos and more positions of knees and elbows, neck circumference also would be nice detail to know XD. (I couldn't find it.)
      Aww, I want this body :love :XD:, shame I have no money at the moment :(

13. Yeah, I agree about quality versus price being an issue. The scratch marks and rough areas on the resin that multiple customers have reported are something one might accept as a tradeoff for a cheap price, but at a market average price that's a dealbreaker.

That said, the more I look at it the more I do like the form of this body. It has such an elegant silhouette...

I am going to wait for more photos and also for this body to show up at Guu Doll's taobao site. If I decide to buy this body, I'd rather buy from them directly and skip the dealer markup, which is pretty significant. For example, Stacy's has Guu Doll full girl doll at $340 regular price. The exact same doll direct from Guu Doll on taobao is $223.48. Even if you use a proxy such as Basetao which charges a 5% fee, your total from taobao is still only $234.65. And shipping from the dealer is no cheaper than shipping through taobao as all of them are shipping from China.

Links to compare:
      Qiancao -GuuDoll 58cm Girl. - stacyspinkocean.com
      GUU DOLL官方店铺 原创 BJD娃娃/sd娃娃1/3女娃 素头裸娃 浅草

So, I am hoping this body is actually around $300 or less from Guu Doll, which is low enough that I'd be willing to risk the uneven finish. But they have not listed it yet so who knows.

14. Miri, I have the girl body in white skin. I bought it to hybrid with one of my other heads. I actually bought her on sale from Jeeryama. If you keep an eye out, the dealers often have sales going on through out the year and you can often pick these bodies up for under $300 during one of their sales.

Regarding the quality issues, I actually didn't find any scratch marks or rough areas at all on mine. The body arrived about 2-3 months ago. Everything about it is pretty much perfect. I didn't even know about quality issues when I ordered a Guu doll body and mine really doesn't have any.

15. Does anybody know if the white (not the pure white which is said to be paper white) matches Dollshe Fresh? As the neck is 10.5cm, I wonder whether it could be used as a body for the older 18M heads such as Aramis, Bernard etc...

16. @shirahime, that's good to hear. Perhaps the issues with scratches and such are a temporary problem that they will have fixed.

17. Just checked Alice's Collections , and they have the Guu Doll reduced prices going right now too. They don't have the 68cm boy body listed yet though, but I'm sure that if someone asked them for it, they would make it available. Their service is pretty good.

18. Anyone know how well the WHITE Guu doll resin matches with Peakswoods WHITE???

19. Does anyone own the 68cm male body? I like the look and looks like a decent poser, but some experience would be great. :)
      Also have anyone bought from Guu dolls taobao? If yes, how smooth was the whole process?

20. I have resin samples and I will take them with me to a big meetup in April and try to find as many matches as I can for people. :)