1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Hair color dolls

Apr 16, 2016

1. My oriental characters and my tiny dragon have black hair, I have one curly redhead. One blonde minifee is in the works, and so is an odd violet/red/blond combination that, qualitywise, isn't all that good, but has very pretty colours.

2. Since my collection is all iterations of the same three people, it's black for all the girls and white-blond for the boys.

3. I have 12 dolls and 6 of them have black hair.

4. I only have 3 but 2 of them have brown hair while the other is red-haired.

5. White, silver, black, blonde, and brown so far. But I'm planning to get a bright yellow curly wig and a massive scarlet mane eventually! I love rainbow hair colors.

6. I have one boy with blond hair, another boy with chocolate brown hair, a girl with dark brown hair and the last one has bright red hair.
      Chocolate brown is actually the colour I use the most because I have two other off topic dolls that wear this colour !

7. Black and blonde hair are the most prevalent in my collection. I also have white, silver, brown, and red/black mix in my collection as well :)

8. I used to have lots of pale dolls with black wigs, but more and more, I like variety, so lots of different colors (skin and hair) now...

9. It seems that I have more dark brown or black hair, but that's only by a small margin. I have a decent range, including blacks, browns, reds (and red-browns), blue, teal, white, greys, and blondes. I have three two-tone haired dolls in there, including one blonde/brown, one blue/black, and one grey/black. And one of the dark brown wigs has a grey streak. I don't think I pick resin tone to match certain hair colors; there are dark wigs on pale dolls and non-pale dolls alike.

10. I have more with black or dark brown hair than anything else... There are a fair few silver, white and red-haired dolls over here, as well, but nowhere near as many as the darker shades. The blondes and "fantasy" colors are the rarest.

#30 Brightfires, Apr 22, 2016
      Last edited: Apr 25, 2016
    11. My dolls themselves all have a different 'natural' hair color, even the floating head doesn't share a hair color with any of the others at this point... though that doesn't stop me having a couple odd wigs just for fun.

When it comes to number of wigs owned per hair color, though, red and brunet are tied-- Vince has two 'default' wigs, one long and one short, in his 'natural' brown, then Billy is the redhead. He only actually has one wig himself, but I got a beautiful gingery MSD wig just because, which will likely be borrowed by Vince until I get a girl who'll wear it.

12. A few of my dolls are doubles of the same character, so I count them essentially as one rather than multiple dolls with the same style/colors/look. That being said, it turns out I like having a pretty wide variety of hair colors among my crew! I suppose if I had to pick one color that's most prominent it would be blue, but not really as only one doll has a solid blue wig, and two others only have blue streaks of some sort. So it breaks down as such:

White x 1
      Red x 1
      Blonde x 1
      Black w/white streaks x 1
      Black w/blue streaks x 1
      Gray w/ blue streaks x 1
      Purple x 1
      Pink x 1
      Blue x 1

At the moment I do have one girl who is a brunette, but it's only temporary as eventually she will have a white wig, like her mini counterpart. Anyway, I'm pretty pleased to have such a wide variety of colors among my collection, I love the visual interest it gives them :)

13. I have a mix of natural and fantasy colours for my guys but considering that only one doll is actually human, that explains a lot. I have...

Black: 2
      Black with silver streaks: 1
      Black/navy blue: 1
      Black & white: 1
      White/silver: 6
      Blond: 1 (OT for DoA)
      Blond/turquoise: 1
      Grey (various shades): 4
      Red (from fire engine red to burnt pumpkin to dark auburn): 5
      Red/orange/yellow: 1
      Pink: 2 (although they are the same character just in different sizes)
      Purple: 1
      Green: 2
      Brown: 1
      Mottled shades of brown: 1 (this wig is made from coyote fur so is not a single shade of brown and contains grey & black)
      Blue: 1
      Blue & green: 1
      Turquoise with red streaks: 1
      Bald/no wig: 1 (this doll is incapable of wearing a wig due to the fin on his head)

So apparently my favourite wig colour is white or silver followed closely by red and grey. I'm not a fan of blondes either in RL or for my dolls so I'm not surprised that I only have one true blond on my list. I have 2 incoming dolls and one is incapable of wearing a wig due to the sculpted head and the other has hair colour yet to be decided.

14. All of the wigs I have are black. I had one blonde one but I dyed that black too lol. Currently I'm planning on hauling in some chocolate brown wigs soon :)

15. Red, all the way! Red hues and unnatural colours are my thing, haha.

16. I have mostly natural colours, except for one of my doll who has a deep red wig.
      So basically, I have : one doll with a chocolate brown wig, another one with a dark brown one that has lighter tips, and a blond one. As for my off topic dolls, I have two others with chocolate brown wigs, one with a blond wig that has a little bit of pink in it, and one with a deep brown wig, darker than the chocolate ones but lighter the dark brown one.
      As for the wigs no one is using, I have yet another chocolate one with a little bit of green this time, a dark brown one, and a brown and grey one with a white streak.
      I do like the chocolate brown colour a lot, as you can see ! But I'm looking forward to make some fantasy colour wigs (maybe a mint or turquoise one !).

17. Well, 2 of my boys have black hair, because they are brothers in my story and the other 2 are blondes(brother/sister) :apig:

18. I love red hair. The first doll I recently order will be wearing long straight red hair :)

19. My favorite hair color for dolls are black and silver/grey. That's why I have 9 black and 3 silver/grey wigs.

20. I prefer unnatural hair colors for my dolls, actually. I seem to favor lavender, pink, and mint green. ^_^ I also really like varying shades of red as well!