1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Hands, Jointed or Set?

Aug 4, 2010

1. I WANT jointed hands however...i only own MSD sizes right now so i wonder if they'd look to weird?
      Im not about to pay 70$ just to find out if jointed hands would look weird on such a small size you know?

2. There are only a couple of companies who make jointed hands for MSDs. If you want to get an idea of what they would look like, go to the Reference Forum:

http://www.denofangels.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?19-Photo-Reference

and do a search for jointed hands. There should be threads there that would be useful to you, with pictures of dolls with jointed hands. And if you don't see exactly what you need, you can always start a thread requesting pictures, something along the line of "I'd like to see X and Y companies' jointed hands on a MigiDoll." It doesn't guarantee you'll get results if no one has that combination, but people are usually very nice about posting pictures when they think it can help.

3. I super love jointed hands! I had a pair for the boy I sold recently.
      However for me, I found it a lot harder to figure out what to do with jointed hands.
      Sooo, maybe one day I'll get another pair. But I'll stick with set ones for now. XD

4. Personally I like both. I have a few guys that "need" jointed hands to hold all their importants, like coffee cups and cigarettes, and then to do fun things like flip a rude gesture here and there, so I have several pairs of Jointy hands from different companies. The thing is, I do get tired of them. I have had many photoshoots gone down the drain because one freaking finger was off the entire time and I never noticed. It drives me nuts when they're out of place, even when not taking pictures, so I'm always messing with the positioning. Recently I switched the doll who has the first pair I ever got to his old normal hands because I'm sick of the jointed ones. And I like his old hands! I missed them XD

I have a Granado 64 body that came with jointed hands (he was second-hand so I didn't have a choice. Second hand. Lol) and I don't like them at all...the top finger joint doesn't move so it's really hard to make them look anything but awkward. If I could get him non-jointed hands I would. Then I have another doll that will need fists often, so I made it a point to get him jointed hands. Still another (Doll Chateau Mini) has jointed hands because I am a fan a large hands on guys, and I thought his tiny hands were too cute and delicate for him, so he got some Dollzone F jointed ones, theses are my favorites of all my jointed hands -- they're hooked not strung, and don't flip around as much. The thumb is the best of all of them too (thumbs on the jointies are a pet peeve of mine).

My other favorite of the ones I own are Doll Chateau's with only one joint per finger. They don't drive me nuts and are SO expressive even without all the joints. I wish I could have them for everyone! Well almost everyone: My Dollshe Hound and Migidoll on a Dollstown 15yr body will never own jointed hands as I love their hands too much to ever change them.

What I really wish is that more companies would make alternate hands for their dolls. That would make life easier...More expensive. But easier....

5. I really want jointed hands for Ardese, mostly because I don't really like Ringdoll's set hands. They lack so much detail compared to say, Luts' set hands. Also Ardy needs to hold the gun I got for him. I think I want to get him Dikadoll jointed hands (version 2? They look much more slender than the normal ones), but I keep putting it off because of the price.