1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Happy with less

Sep 13, 2007

1. I've only just gotten my first one, but I have two more I'd like to get. I already know what my second doll is going to be, and the third I'll have to hunt for. He'll have to be very special. I've got one MSD, but the other two I want to be SD. A 4th MIGHT be waiting in the wings, but I simply can't afford them all anytime soon. It boggles my little money-watching mind to see $700 disappear... for a doll. When you look at the collective cost of JUST the dolls, neverminding wigs, eyes and shoes (I can sew, thank GOD), it's simply staggering.

So for now, even my MSD isn't complete. I'll have to do it in stages like I'm sure everyone does. Thankfully, there aren't that many dolls out there that I like enough to spend that kind of money. It makes things a lot easier! In fact, there are only a very select few sculpts I like at all. If there were more Mature looking MSD's, I'd probably be looking at higher numbers. ^_^

I don't like the babyish big eyes and round cheeks most MSDs come with.

So yeah. No Resin Army, and even if I -wanted- one, it wouldn't be anywhere in the near future. I like eatting and driving my car and having a roof over my head.

2. For me, it seems like I can only handle a few at a time. I have 5 right now and that's more than enough, sometimes I can't even believe that I have that many! If I kept all the dolls that have come in and out of my house I would have 9 right now and I'm not sure if I could mentally take it, seeing as I'm pretty obsessive about giving them all enough time/attention. I DO have a wishlist a mile long but I think I will be perfectly happy with the ones I have right now, or maybe one more. Other than that, I doubt my family is going to grow to unmanageable proportions >.<

3. Sometimes I wish I had put some thought into planning a small doll family when I first started because now and then I feel overwhelmed by the sheer number of dolls sitting around the room (20 + 2 more on the way). Yet looking at them gives me so much pleasure that it cancels out any guilt I might feel about not being able to give each one my undivided attention. They DO all get love and attention though, just not always on the same day.

4. I'm really only planning on having one or two dolls that I can dote upon insanely. I don't have a large enough budget to be able to afford an army, so I'm planning accordingly...

5. Well...I originally thought my bestfriend was completely out of her mind when she got her first doll a few years ago...but eventually she got me into them too, and I finally go my first doll a little under a year ago. ^^;

Currently I have 4 whole dolls and 4 floating heads, hopefully whom will soon have bodies...XD My purposes are to create a web comic with them though...and my cast is rather large. (I still need two more!! x___x)

I mean, I AM happy to oogle other people's dolls...certain scuplts I do like but will never own, or even sculpts that I don't like but the owner has done something amazing in the ways of customization. But I guess I also want my own mini-army too...^^;

However, if I hadn't had the idea to create my web comic with dolls (because I'll never have the artistic talent or dedication to draw the whole thing), I WOULDN'T have more than my first 4 dolls...ever. Lol. ^^;

6. I can relate to this statement! I have sold off my way too big doll "collection" when I realized bjds were dolls one actually "plays" with. :o

At the moment I have six, 3 boys, 3 girls, all mini sized. It is really the perfect number at the moment. Four was a good number too, but 6 is doable for me. Many times I just have the boys out of their boxes, then I switch to the girls. Sometimes I dress and arrange all six, but then I don't like leaving them like that while I work all week.:...(

I don't see myself buying many more, if my tastes change (and they probably will) I will do the "one doll in--one doll out" scenario.

7. I do love bjd's, don't get me wrong, but I am content to just look at others. Just one is good for me. If, and this is a big if, I were to be making a large amount of money, then I might get another, maybe a girl, maybe a boy that's bigger then Nao or a smaller one. But Nao's plenty for me.

8. Right now I have 4, with a Narae on order. I doubt I'll get many more after that... though I do want a Lati Green Coco and possibly a Unidoll Ark.

After that I think I'll be pretty content - but I don't wanna speak too soon! :p

9. I'm a small to medium family type girl. right now i have 3, and would like to add a Four Sisters, (actually, the plan is to buy a four sisters when i have the opportunity to either go to the volks store in cali, go to japan, or go to a volks event) a Bernard, and a male in scale with my unoa to my family. After that, i don't see myself getting anymore dolls. Clothes are too expensive to outfit a whole resin army! After getting the few sculpts that really, really speak to me, i'd much rather buy them "stuff". Instead of having a lot of dolls, my dream is to have super dollfie scale shadowboxes with different rooms in them.

10. I have four dolls soon to be five...and there all mini's. I do kind of wish I had a smaller resin army of two MABEY three dolls, but I love them all I just dont know if I can sell them. XD

11. I don't want more than 4 dolls (and I have: 0. boohoo). 2 should be the ones I really need and maybe I don't want the two others, who knows. Less is more as they say: less dolls = more stuff for them :lol:

12. Right now I have 4. Soon to be down to 3, then to 4 again when my last order arrives. One has never left her box. I am feeling pretty content with who is here now. Most is the fact that yes, they do take up a lot of space. I would like to get another boy. It just has to be the right one.

I am also not falling for every new doll that comes out.

13. I just got my first dollie a couple of weeks ago, and I absolutely adore him. We are completely bonded, and I talk to him and kiss him goodnight :blush I've been planning a girl MSD... but I'm afraid that it won't be the same.... I want to get her so I can sew for an MSD girl, and also she goes with my boy in a story... But when a new girl comes, I wonder if my bond with my boy will change D: Will I take them both out to play with them? Will they both watch movies with me? And where will I put another bed/box?! Ah, I dunno if I can handle another doll, too stressful D:

14. Well, at first I planned to just get three. It's kinda still staying at that number, although I'm not sure whether to get Lati's L or Elfdoll's Wu, or both... so the number could jump to four. But I also really want to get a girl, I just don't have an idea for her character yet, so the number could jump to five...

But at the moment, I only have one. And the thought of ordering my next one makes me feel really bad, because I'm so attached to Kitai! I really want to get Haydn or Sora soon, but I really don't want to neglect Kitai once the new boy arrives.

Hopefully I'll find a happy medium where I can spend time with both of them without feeling guilty. ;;;

But, the mere thought of having FIVE SDs sitting in my room.... @__@!! I couldn't cope! *dies* Maybe that will change once I've ordered my second... ^^;;

(wow, I've turned into one of those crazy doll owners by accident... whoops)

15. There are so many dolls that I want but that I know I won't get. I think having only a fewer dolls would mean giving more attention to each of them. It would make me more grateful and appreciative. But then it's different for everyone and a room full of dolls does sound tempting!

16. That is exactly the situation I'm in right now ^^;

At one point I had planned for future dolls/bigger family, and I still have that plan somewhere in the back of my head, but my budget tells me that I can only either get more dolls or spoil my two boys, but not both.

So I decided to stick with the current size and just go all out on the doting XDD and is very, very happy about that.

17. i don't even have one yet ;_; but i can tell i'm going to want a HUGE family :D maybe reality will change my mind once i get one, but... i doubt it :'D i know it will take a long time, to have a large family, but i just can't look at one and be like "well, i want YOU, but not THEM" XD but hey- i'm a collector at heart. i cried they day my mom made me throw out my large and useless rock collection XD;;;; (i loves me some rocks!)

18. I would never own more than 10 dolls. And I only plan to get about 5. I dislike getting dolls without having a character for them to be. All the dolls I plan to get are going to be characters that I created even before I knew about bjds. Just buying a doll to buy the doll...I did that with my frist doll but I'm never going to again. =p

19. I don't know yet, I mean just sticking to MSD keeps me in check with the amount of slender dolls I get, but I -really- want a Musedoll Ciel and she wouldn't fit in with the MSDs...so I'm wondering if I should just get her as the doll-doll with no character that just looks pretty...or get more SD dolls so she has company, but then how will the MSDs fit in?

It's not fair :( If Ciel was a MSD I'd only have to worry about 10 or less, but now...
      >.> I heard her head was pretty small for a SD, maybe I can put her on a MSD body *shifty eyes* but the Unoa group I want comes first, everyone else has to look good with them or no dice.

20. I had two full ones and a head, but I sold my one mini and I'm most likely going to be selling my head. In the end, I think I only want three, but for right now I'm fine with only one, my El SS mod. Vladi is just so important to me and I am more happy with him than any other doll.