1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Happy with less

Sep 13, 2007

1. I occasionally fantasize about having "only one", but I don't see that happening. I have about 10, though I've had as many as 25. If I get too many I start to feel crowded out, haha, and that happens at about 15.
      I used to buy and sell so many... but I've learned since what I'm happiest living with. Now it's kind of traumatic to get new dolls!
      I used to collect antique dolls though, and sold most of them to fund bjd. Then I bought a house and now I have less extra money to play with. That's okay though, I'm pretty happy with what I have!
      Luckily not much that's new is of much interest anyway, though I'm awfully tempted by the new Glorydoll Lucy!
      ^_~
      Raven

2. I cant really imagine myself having more than one doll. Actually, I'm having a hard time finding that "one" doll. I have the money to buy an SD, but I just cant find one that will "fit" me.

I love looking at others dolls; I spend a lot of time in the gallery just posting comments; but I can't even figure out which doll I would like to have :? I think I'm just happy with less :) But, one day I will have a doll...just need to keep looking.

3. Right now I only own one, and plan to order another later this year....but beyond that I think I'll only get 2 or 3 more and hopefully I'll stay around that number. I'd rather just have a few and clothe them very nicely than have a bunch but barely enough clothing to go around :sweat

4. After purchasing two SD-sized dolls (a Volks Dollfie Dream and a Fantasy Doll Tobias), I decided that two large dolls were enough for me because I live in a small place and I really can't have 10+ large dolls.

My other resin dolls are 1/6 scale or smaller, which is perfect for me because they are easier to store and I have an easier time finding Barbie and Ken clothes to fit them in the local stores.

While I love looking at photos of other people's dolls, I haven't had any obsessions with adding more dolls to my collection. With the exception of Elf Doll's Alice Cherry Blossom pig doll. That pig is so freaking cute that the only reason why I didn't order her was because she was sold out by the time I learned about this doll's existence.

Other than not owning the pig doll, I'm pretty happy with my relatively small collection.

5. I fell that i would rather have a few dolls that are complete and i'm happy with than have a lot of unfinished dolls.

6. I can't see myself being one of the people who have dolls in the dozens or anything like that. Not only is my apartment too small, I just don't think I can see myself with that many! I wouldn't really know what to do with them!

I've always seen myself having around 5 or so, no more than 10 if I even get that many. That seems like a good number to me.

7. I wouldn't want to have too many dolls to be honest... I think my "picky" side will help with that, although lately I am scared of the amount of dolls I am adding to my Wishlist >_<
      It's not a matter of space, or money (not that I am rich, but with time and patience I can save for what I want... although probably with a big amount I would start having remords only by seeing them). It's more of what other people said around here before me, I don't want to neglect any of them so I'll have to spend a lot of time and effort on each one rather than having plenty of unfinished/neglected ones lying around. Plus, well, I think having too many will make me start the comparisons among them and the ones I like less compared to the new ones will probably end up leaving one way or the other. Right now, I plan on doing that with my Wish List, so I only need a little patience to see if the old ones resist the temptation of new ones that will come along.

8. I'm pretty content with the six I have for now, but I'm going to eventually expand again.

But for the next couple of years or so, I'd really like to develop the dolls that I have. Plus, as I get older, I have more and more expenses coming my way. I have enough dolls that I can do many different things with, and I don't want to neglect the dolls I have. Plus, I have three boys and three girls, a perfect balance! I am also at the point that I am able to still take all of my dolls with me to meets, and I really like the fact that I can still take everybody.

I still occasionally look, but unlike in the past, I haven't seemed to find anything I HAVE to have. And, the bug to buy is not really as strong as it was. I hope I can stay this way.

9. Well, I've ordered two, Chloe and Celine, and they're coming with an event head, so if I get her a body I'm already up to 3.
      My wishlist includes a tan WooSoo and Risse, but I'm still not certain if I want these two.
      Considering I'm pretty new to the hobby it looks like it's gonna be a bit of a struggle to keep from owning an army.

10. I'm content with my 6.5 possibly 7 dolls (I'm waiting on my mnf Celine and juri 13 head which may or may not ever turn into a full doll) the juri is pretty much just to practice faceups on but she might also become my model since she really doesn't have a character. But I love my little family :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

11. I really only see myself with a few dolls, two or three at most. Mainly because I really want to be able to focus on sewing most of their clothes by myself and any more would be hard to keep up with. I actually thought that I would only have one, but I've already found another two to add to my wish list OTL... So I think the one doll idea went down the drain, but I still don't see myself with much more than two or three.

12. At the most I plan on having ten. Right now I have my boy (Seth) and a head (Piers). I'm waiting for another head to ship and I just ordered an Akagi doll from Alice's Collections. I also ordered a fox with my Akagi doll. My plans will most likely change once I reach ten because there will probably be a doll that will fit a character that I want to shell out.

13. I'm the type that's more happy with a few dolls, I find it easier to focus on a few dolls than having a lot ^^;;
      I think 4-6 should suffice ? :3

14. I'm only just about to get my first and I have set a rule no more than two a year and to keep the size below 6. lets see how well this goes. I'm just looking forward to getting my first girl.

15. I have seven right now and I'm perfectly happy with all of them, that being the dilemma. My intention was to concentrate on one small family of characters (three of them) to limit the number of dolls...well, we all know how well plans work out. I couldn't find a proper SD version of my girl for years so I decided on a MSD/young version of her and of course I had to find a young version of my SD boy to go with her. So now I have those two in adult and child forms. XD Add in the daughter, an extra sleeping head who got her own body and character, and a tiny size doll I wanted for an accessory...

In theory I'd like to have less but I don't think I would want to split them up! I love them all. &#9829;

16. Ah yes, there was a time when I said "one will be quite enough". That turned into three within a year. Now, after six years in the hobby, it's 18 dolls (I seem to be on a "three-per-year"-schedule or something) and since I really like all of them selling any of them is not an option. I'd like to have less since my apartment's quite small at 33 square meters (and that includes entrance area, bathroom and kitchen) ... but I'm just too fond of every single one of them. I used to go "wow, how can they have so many?" about people who owned ten or so dolls. Not anymore ... *lol*

17. I thought I'd just have one or perhaps two, starting out in this hobby. Not only because of the price and having a student economy, but also because what would I do with more than two? Now, however, I've come to realize it was a silly notion that didn't hold up for long xD Within six months I'd gone from one doll to three, and now, eight months into the hobby, I'm awaiting my fifth.

My biggest problem with keeping the numbers down, is that I've got too many ideas for doll concepts. I would never be able to have just one or two, since all my dolls have their unique styles and personalities. So if I would want to make, say a nice suit, neither of my current dolls would wear one. It's not their style. (I do have a concept in mind that would only wear smart, expensive looking clothing like suits and such, but he's not prioritized).

On the other hand, I'm not the kind to feel or think any of my dolls being "left out" or "spoiled" or "forgotten", if I happen to make a lot of stuff/clothing to one and nothing to another. I'm a person that really makes stuff from what I currently feel like doing, and I'm not always in the mood for street rat, or cute blonde guy, or grumpy Scotsman or Greenpeace follower. That's why it my numbers have gotten up, when I originally said just a few xD Now I really see no end to my collection, which I love. I'd hate to set a final number "and no more", for I hate to be pleased, or finished, or content. I want to explore and develop :3

18. I am very single-minded in the fact that I like focusing on one thing at a time, so in terms of dolls, anymore than three/four I will probably leave a few dolls out and 'forget' about them which I wouldn't like to do. I feel I would be more happier with less than more, as with less it's easier to spoil all of them (costs less too). Plus I don't see myself as the collector type person.

19. happy with less - that describes me very well. i used to have 14 dolls and some floating heads. and i felt kinda overwhelmed. looking back i feel much better now, with only 6 dolls. i still plan one or two, but i know i don't want to have more than 10. i simply can't just collect, i need time to sew outfits, create their "personalities", just need time i can spend with every doll, and with many of them it's impossible. that's why i like to watch friend's dolls and just be happy checking flickr or DoA galleries.

20. I'm not interested in only owning a couple of dolls (my story could never cope with so few characters!), but I do work to minimise the resin content of my collection. I have bodies which are shared amongst numerous heads, and I'm starting to sell off fantasy parts I love but don't use. I don't plan on ever skipping heads I like, but I do plan on setting a limit for myself of both bodies and fantasy collection 'sets'. But then again, even my number of bodies exceeds your full doll limit (I currently have 8 bodies, with 2 more incoming), so perhaps I still count as pursuing a resin army :XD: