1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Happydoll Owners - Discussion Thread

Jun 24, 2007

1. I don't know what happened to them. I guess they went out of business; I haven't seen them for sale in ages. It's too bad because I really love their girls. I have Margo and Dorothy and wish I had bought Marin when she was available.

2. Re-surrecting this thread!! I was just on the Ndoll site and it had a new category that said "Coming Soon" for Happydoll! I know that Ndoll previously released some LE Happydolls last year, but maybe this is a sign they will be releasing more? I hope they release regular editions because I miss their unique dolls!

3. I hope they do make more dolls. My Happydolls are some of my favorites.

4. I'm thinking maybe they bought the rights to the old dolls? I don't think there will be new Happydolls. Which is a shame because they had a beautiful unique style.

I used to be a dealer for Happydoll, and I think what happened is that the sculptor left 3-4 years ago. I have no idea what she's doing now. They cut me off with no explanation, stopped putting out anything new and the website changed to Ndoll, so I still don't know exactly what happened.

5. I never had the opportunity to get one of these dolls when they were still being produced, so hopefully they are bringing them back for good! :)

It might be something similar to what DollnDoll did with Serendipity's sculpts and re-releasing Sharmin, Yuha and Lucien. I hope Ndoll will do a similar Re-release of Happydolls, but this might end up being like the LE editions from early last year of Dorothy. I'm sorry to hear they cut you off like that as a dealer! :(

6. I'd love another chance to snag Marin. I debated buying her for too long and one day she was just gone.

7. Awww! Hopefully that opportunity will arise!

8. masala_chai_tea, thanks for reviving this thread -- and for making me go back to the nDoll site! I hadn't looked there for a while; what good news -- though I need more Happydolls like I need a third eye, LOL -- I have 22. *_* I wonder which old sculpts they might use, and if they'll make any revisions, like with the hands... I think that's part of what sunk Happydoll, the weird little hands on the big SDs. Though I got used to them... ;)

9. ;) I'd love for this to be more of an extended re-release rather than LEs. Here's to crossing my fingers for it! ;) Oh my! 22!! I will have to visit your website and check them all out. I agree, some revisions would be nice, but we'll have to see what they will be releasing first. :)

Edit: Wooooooooooow!! You have an amazing brood of dollies! :)

10. Beamlette, I have to say I'm extremely jealous of your collection! So many unusual dolls!

Those hands are very tricky. The first edition mini girls had really well designed wrist joints and reasonably nicely shaped hands, but all the bigger ones had.... trouble.

I'm crossing my fingers for an Aida head. Biggest doll mistake I've ever made was selling mine, I miss it and it's been impossible to replace!!

11. I didn't like the bodies, but just adore the heads.

12. I'm also hoping they'll bring back the old standards. I always meant to get a Dorothy, but I waited too long.

I wonder what the bodies will be like? I bought a Mabel in 2005 and an Earl in 2007, and there was a lot of difference between the bodies.

13. I'm hoping they re-released the really old Happydolls from way back like Ein and Aidan (I just love them), but I know in my heart that it's very unlikley :(

14. No Aida...

I'm tempted by Dorothy but she's so tall, there's no way her head would fit on a Shinydoll body!

15. Maybe they'll see how well these sell and then introduce some of the other sculpts from HD? I hope they do! I've always wanted a Dorothy, but I wonder if the heads will be available separately. I hope so!

16. Babytarragon, I'm not sure about the Dorothy head and the Shinydoll body. My Margo has a head that seems fairly small in relation to her height. I'll take a closer look tonight to see if there's a possibility a Happydoll head might look all right.

I'm wondering what the Happydoll bodies are like now. My Margo's body can only be described as "floppy," and nothing anybody suggests seems to make much improvement. Certainly the Shinydoll body is orders of magnitude better.

17. I remember Happydoll bodies being extremely 'basic'. It would be nice if they've updated it!

Dorothy has a very big neck, so I'm not too hopeful >_<

I might message them about Aida anyway :)

18. I am also wondering if they have revamped the bodies. I really hope they have because the originals weren't known for the posing abilities.

You never know, maybe leaving a message about Aida will jumpstart them into releasing their other molds. :D

19. I'm afraid you're right, babytarragon. I didn't realize just how thick the Happydoll neck was until I looked at the Happydoll and Shinydoll bodies side by side. The Margo head is just the least bit bigger than the Yuli head I was comparing it to, but there's no way it would fit on a Shinydoll body unless the neck hole was considerably modified. It's a shame, because the resin match isn't bad, although since I was comparing a five-year-old Happydoll with a brand-new Shinydoll, this might not be the case for a new Happydoll head.