1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Haru Casting Mini Dolls - Part 2

Feb 17, 2020

1. My Neul arrived yesterday after some ridiculousness from USPS*, he made it home and I was able to take him apart to restring (Haru stringshis dolls so tiiiiight Dx), and then got him all dressed up and plopped a spare wig I had on him. Here he is with his boyfriend, Jin-ho (my Neul’s name is Zack :)).

[​IMG]

He is just so lovely and I can’t wait to eventually get him painted (likely will wait until the 3 dolls I have out currently get back home though, so it’ll likely be a few months...).

* The package was marked as “Delivery attempted - no access to delivery location” around 3pm on the tracking page, which was total BS since both the mailbox and the front door were easy to access (plus there were no tire tracks by our mailbox anyway so...), and then an hour later the delivery person showed up ffffffs...

----------- Added notes -----------

Flickr account:
      Haru casting

@harucasting • Instagram photos and videos

Previous discussion threads:
      * Part 1

#1 Singull, Feb 17, 2020
      Last edited by a moderator: Feb 17, 2020
    2. Ahhhh I love seeing everyone’s Neuls and Joas. I’m also interested in the new one Haru has been sculpting, Morae! Curious to see how she’ll turn out.

Meanwhile I made my Maji dress in unfinished cosplay for a small anime convention over the weekend, and she didn’t seem thrilled with the idea :sweat

[​IMG]

I did snap a few pics with the real camera but it’s my boyfriend’s so I gotta wait till I get a chance to nab the images for editing :)

3. Hey all! My Joa is currently waiting for me at work. I’ve been sick so haven’t been able to get my hands on her yet.
      I’m in the middle of making another wig cap for a Maji and noticed that she’s strung so tight it’s bent the S hook... I’ve read many times that Haru strings his dolls extremely tight, has this happened to anyone before? It’s stuffed my S hook. She’s always been very very kicky, due to being strung so tight, but I have never encountered this. One of her leg joints is also rubbing so tight against each other is slowly filing down the resin. I have to say I’m pretty disappointed. I’m about to restring her, I’m a bit nervous to see if Joa is strung just as tightly.

4. My Joa came on Saturday and I don't think she's strung excessively tightly! I sprayed a couple of base coats of MSC on her head, just need to find time to actually give her a faceup now. :)

She's beautiful, but she definitely has tiny feet! A pair of moccasins that are roomy but basically workable on my Narae classic are way too big on her. I'm guessing standard MSD shoes are totally out for her.

5. There are some AMAZING shoe makers on Etsy. I've ordered a whole bunch form JenyaTeplaya - her work is incredible! I Highly suggest looking into her shoes. They fit Haru dolls perfectly (even my Souldoll Kid), but otherwise I'm struggling to find shoes that fit as well.

6. @Kentarin D'Ley I had to cut the elastic in my Neul in order to unstring his arms ‘cause I couldn’t get a good enough hold on the elastic to unhook the hands, so I wouldn’t be surprised if plenty of other Neuls and Joas were sent in similar condition. My boy was more creaking than squeaking when i moved his parts around. X-x; Glad I had extra elastic to work with to restring him! But yeah, woof, your girl sounds like she was impossibly tight if it bent the S-hook. I don’t know how Haru manages to string them like this.

@cherryghost Yeah the Haru girls got some delicate feet. They’re a little slimmer than Minifee feet, but any shoes that fit Minifee will fit these girls and look fine. :) You might need to stuff the toes of some shoes with tissue paper or something to make sure they don’t possibly slip off (I do that with some flats I have for my minis).

7. She fits my A line minifee shoes without any problems. Her feet are almost the same size (less than 1 mm difference)
      [​IMG][​IMG]

These sandals are a tad big on my minifee too. There is a slight difference but its not much as you can see from the side to side comparison

#7 Luna_and_Stelladolls, Feb 22, 2020
      Last edited: Feb 22, 2020
    8. My Joa/Neul couple arrived this week. The funny thing is, I posted on insta and another Dutch bjd collector bought them in exactly the same resin color combination. You just can’t get enough of a great thing LOL
      Meet Priya and Daniel (don’t mind the stolen hair, they won’t keep it) [​IMG]

9. Lovely couple!

Does anyone here have haru's dolls in tan for a while? I wonder how it holds up in terms of color change

10. Does Haru only open preorders for new dolls or does he go back and offer new preorders for previously released dolls? She's not my usual style but I've now seen enough of E-Minor on Instagram to think I want one ...

11. I’m sorry I missed out on Joa’s preorder. I can’t wait until she’s available again. Gorgeous dolls everyone!

12. he usually offers other preorders for already released dolls yes, gladly!

13. Did I miss the pre order on Joa and Neul? It says they're available on his website and I'm going to be heartbroken if I did... I have known about Harucasting for a while but have never ordered from them or known much about them aside from loving the pictures they take. Neul and Joa stole me

#13 Littlebirdzoom, Mar 25, 2020
      Last edited: Mar 26, 2020
    14. I was very confused about it because on his website it says orders were open and some of the comments on Instagram about pre orders and such (comments/questions that would make me think it was still open) were from last month. Like I said, I don't know how this company in particular works, so I wondered if he had re-opened them or something since Nov was such a long time ago now.

15. Orders actually are closed for them. The website is just out of date. In fact, my November preorder was just put in the mail to me on Monday.
      :sumomo:
      So with the November orders soon to be off Haru’s to-do list, maybe we’ll see another opportunity pretty soon.

16. Next preorder will be for all of Haru's MSDs (Maji, Eminor, Joa, Neul, Big Geuru, and Somsatang) and run April 1 to 30! More info to come but here it is on Haru's Instagram: @harucasting on Instagram: “#2020AprilHaruPreOrder April 1st to 30th. . #HarucastingMaji #HarucastingEminor #HarucastingJOA #HarucastingNeul #HarucastingBigGeuru…”

Can't wait to order a Maji! Meanwhile, I haven't finished my Joa's faceup yet because I keep being unhappy with the eyebrows and starting over... SIGH. I'll get it eventually I hope.

17. I pre ordered a Neul, at least i think i did. How long does it take to get a confirmation?

18. Communication from Haru is a bit slow. I think I was left hanging for about a week at one point. If you sent the email and got his email address correct, just sit tight!

My Neul just arrived. He is strung so unbelievably tightly I can’t get his hands off to dress him so I can’t even get him dressed for a decent photo. Is this how Haru dolls are? Is there a trick to loosening him up enough to unhook a hand without breaking anything?