1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Has a particular doll sculpt ever scared you or creeped you out?

Dec 22, 2016

1. I am so sorry but Napalm Doll's "Hush" is just... incredibly egh to me. I know a lot of people love her but :horror: I cannot bring myself to like her in the slightest.

I say this, as Dika Doll's new "Amanda.SP Smile" has me scrambling for money to buy her head... I am very, very aware she is creepy but she is creepy in a way that I love. She's got that... yandere aesthetic to her?

2. I'm shocked. There are so many creepy sculpts out there, I didn't even know. The Miso sculpt mentioned at the beginning is creeping me out. And though I wouldn't buy myself a Mona, I think she looks interesting.
      I find a lot of Miracle dolls creepy, especially the MSD sized like Vic and Zitong.

3. Hmnn. There are a few sculpts that I've seen that I go 'Oh this could be pretty creepy' which is more of a fascination point. I'd take home a Miso or Mona no problem

4. I haven’t had a head sculpt creep me out, but some body sculpts kind of disturb me - tinies that mix mature and baby aspects almost randomly make me uncomfortable.

5. Doll Chateau's Elizabeth. She's basically a giant humanoid spider and it really creeps me out. I found her a few days ago on accident. I'm terrified enough of spiders... I really didn't need to see one with a human body. But she's also really pretty. To me, she doesn't look like she's supposed to be scary. I love the spiderweb tattoo on her belly button.

6. This is going to be a bit of an unconventional one, but...Granado's most recent mini release—TimTim, Liz and Jewel—kind of creep me out.

I'm not really all that fond of baby-faced dolls in particular, especially when they look like they have a bad case of the mumps, or have these about to throw a tantrum puckered-up lips. But something about the new minis unsettle me more than most others in that scale/aesthetic. Maybe it's those weirdly rounded eyes, something about the shape of the face—or a combo of the two things? I really can't describe the feeling correctly, but there's just something off about them for me:sweat

7. All horror zombie undead looking dolls creep me out and I will never buy one. Also the old 80s and earlier dolls at doll conventions creep me out.