1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Has a particular doll sculpt ever scared you or creeped you out?

Dec 22, 2016

1. I'm not sure if it's the sculpt so much as the company faceup, but I'm absolutely freaked out by Mirodoll Lele every time I happen to stumble upon a picture of him on etsy or whatever. Something about him really makes my skin crawl. I think it's not one big issue I have with it so much as like 500 tiny issues that all come together into something that just looks wrong.

Also almost all of Nefer Kane dolls I've seen. I feel like they're supposed to be ugly-cute but they honestly just look deformed and miserable.

2. I used to find DiM Miso pretty unsettling... but I've started to find the charm in her sculpt! I think it's a lot of the faceups done on her don't really do her justice! Especially when I see her painted with a bright red tongue, like who in real life has a red tongue like that??

The first time I saw the Mona sculpt, I was actually kind of fascinated! She's just so different from the usual sculpts, and I love how realistic she looks... again, with the wrong faceup though, I could see why some would find her creepy!

I think sculpts that tend to freak me out would be ones that have their tongues hanging out... or some Angel Philia sculpts... really gives me the heebie jeebies...

3. That’s the exact problem I have with them! Like they remind me of those really raunchy figurines from Akihabara, and when you add that you can pose them and change their tongues, it just takes the pervy feel up a notch. And then they have those faces in photos where they’re just, like, doing normal things but also orgasming constantly? Idk it’s just weird. I hate when someone is selling them on FB because I don’t like looking at them but you can’t hide the sales posts like you can with most FB posts. Okay I’m done bagging on them now

4. Any dolls with like a big full teeth grin. @_@ I only remember Nino doll had one, I can't remember the other company. it's just realistically creepy.

5. Wow this, absolutely... for some reason it just does my head in

6. I don't think I've ever really been creeped out by a doll. There are many I see that I would have zero interest in owning since they don't suit my aesthetics, but not because of creep factor. Admittedly as a little kid while all my girl friends had their barbie dolls and the like I was running around with my xenomorph action figures, so my tastes are rather strange to begin with.

7. Seconded (thirded? fourthed?) on Angel Philia, and any other especially sexualized anime dolls. I really love DDs (I don't even watch anime, I just think they're cute), but I hate the bad rep they get from guys who just... well, buy them to get off on, and get them with the biggest busts possible and pose them in stringy bikinis >.< It's not the doll that creeps me out there, but the intentions of the people who sculpt and buy those dolls. Eeurgh. Can't we just have nice things?

Also, most Minifee faces weird me out a little. They're the same level of uncanny-perfect as makeup bloggers. They're objectively cute, but I prefer not to look at them for too long.

8. DollZone Star and Moon are a bit over-the-top for me.

9. fairyland juri 2011 freaks me out!!! that grin???? blah!

10. AoD's Hui Xiang -- I just.... that smile. I just can't imagine being in the same room as that doll. I think that sculpt would give me nightmares tbh.

11. I don't know why but I always feel unsettling whenever I look at Fairyland's sculpts. The same problem happens with Soul doll's sculpts :sweat

12. there was one doll that comes with a little baby. i have forgotten the name of the company or the sculpt, but that sculpt freaked me out. along with the concept of the dolls pregnant with the foetus/baby in the removable tummy.

13. Kameko by Circus Kane.
      I'm almost disgusted when I look at it.

14. Okay, this is actually really kind of goofy I think, but I am always a bit jarred when I see a Goodreau Whisper. For some reason, I am always reminded of that unexplained YouTube video of the mannequin/android singing "I Feel Fantastic." I don't even think she really looks like the robot, so I'm not sure why my mind draws that comparison.

Btw, look up the clip online if you never want to sleep again. ;)

15. Yes. I love everything RingDoll, they are litterely my favorite company but.. they're Mona. Is just.. I can't.. Really.. Handle it. I don't really see a reason for such a crying face xD

16. Several Notdoll sculpts, especially Belladonna. They don't look cute at all to me, more like they have a severe cranial deformity. those sunken in eyes and cleft palate looking lips.... *shudders*

Also a complete me too on Angel Philia dolls. The exaggeratedly over-fetishized ones at any rate. And I don't find them unsettling so much as I do outright offensive. I report them on FB whenever I see them with those weird floppy boobs out. I certainly don't want to see that.

("natural" boobs that are not intentionally fetishized are completely fine though! #freethenipple)

17. I don't like the orijean sculpt from dollshe, it is really weird and looks really alien.
      I used to be freaked by dollchateu dolls, then i showed DC doll pictures to my sister and she loved them, that was weird for me but changed my mind about them.

18. Many Fairyland sculpts freak me out, especially when they are painted like the usual selfie-girl look with stamped eyebrows, pastel clothes and duck lips. I get this feeling of a party-girl clone army which is about to dominate the world. Gives me almost the same creepy vibes as ancient porcelain dolls, but I prefer those more.

19. Thank you so VERY much! If it weren't for the funny comments I would be having nightmares.

20. In my opinion, the sculpt with the many eyes which's been mentioned about fifty times on this thread and I still can't remember the name of, isn't actually too bad for me. I quite like the idea of lots of eyes but the sculpt's totally round eyeholes really hit me with some of those flashbacks from when little silly me googled trypophobia. If the eyeholes were more oval/normal shaped rather than the perfect circle I would probably buy it, tbh.
      Honestly, the DC Elizabeth spider isn't for me, either - not because it's a spider, just because I'm not sure how I feel about a spider with a human torso and head. It kind of gets freakier the longer you think about it, tho ;_;