1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Has a particular doll sculpt ever scared you or creeped you out?

Dec 22, 2016

1. I don't know if they're supposed to be creepy or not, but the centaur dolls from DC really creep me out. How they have human back and front legs and the abdomen that connects them is just like a regular human torso, is way too human centipede for me :shudder

2. Ringdoll Norman Dark 2.0 have such a creepy smile. I will really don't want him in my room at night.

3. Doll Chateau's Irma really creeps me out. I'm fairly certain the body is meant to be scary/gory, but what creeps me out the most is the tongue and teeth in her face. Even on a blank face I just can't look at it for too long. The 'default' faceup makes it ten times worse for me.

4. Maybe a sculpt with visible human teeth? I'm a horror fan though so nothing really CREEPS me out, I just enjoy it

5. i actually like spooky ghostly looking dolls. weird anatomies, creepy faces, dark gothic make up...i love them. what really creeps me out, are the too realistic & human-like ones. like reborn or masterpiece dolls. they look too much like real children/babies. i really don't like that.

6. The Doll Chateau elbows and knees really creep me out. I know their general look is supposed to be a bit spooky, but I dunno something about the joints makes me squirm.

7. The baby lines freak me out for some reason. I think it’s the uncanny valley taking effect. I love gory dolls though, so I guess I’m just weird like that.

8. i have a list
      I don't like dollits miso too much but then again it also depends on the oner there is one i often see with braces that i find kind of cute. theres that puppet doll from doll leaves that gives me the shivers as well as hedy. dollzone deer doll chateau irma, barbara and elizabeth give me the heebie jeebies my arachnophobia sets in with elizabeth.

9. Angell-Studio Yasya terrifies me. I can barely look at a picture of him.

10. I don't remember what doll it was, but she was holding an infant and smiling with teeth exposed. I've seen it on some seller's sites but I can't remember what!

Most dolls with teeth freak me out tbh lmao

But I love horror-themed dolls so if it's done spooky, then I'd love it. If it's realistic and nice and pretty but with those teeth exposed I'm just aaaaaah

11. I'll have to agree on Dollits Miso.... gives me shivers... those teeth.... those eyes.... eeeeeeeee.
      Also, mostly all sculpts by DC give me the heebie jeebies! I am a huge fan of horror and gore, but I HAATE scary creepy doll movies, and scary movies with children! So it seems a doll that's creepy and child-like is my ultimate no-thanks LOL.

12. Doll Chateau's super long, skinny bodies with extra joints and centaurs with human feet :shudder also dolls with orgasm face, especially since they always have child looking faces IMO :eek:

13. I'm creeped out by really subtle things.... Thins wherein something very tiny is just "off."
      For example.
      One of these thing is NOT LIKE THE OTHER. .|
      erer — Postimage.org

14. couldn’t agree more :eek:

15. To be honest all child dolls creep me out.

16. I have aracnofobia :shudder
      Dollchateau Elizabeth scares me

17. I may be a tad strange here but I actually LOVEEE the body sculpts on the cerise dolls. They're so cute lol I think out of the all the dolls I've seen so far, I think some of the Iplehouse dolls weird me out a little. I think maybe bc most of them are very mature looking? Some even look angry lol

18. For some reason realistic sculpts like iplehouse and minimees hit the uncanny valley for me

19. I've never been particularly off put by any doll; I find it easy to separate doll bodies that are overly realistic from reality, so I don't get creepy vibes from them (if anything they are pretty cool to me). I can understand some people getting the creeps from horror/surrealistic doll bodies, but since surrealism is one of my biggest interests I find those interesting as well.

However... dolls that are made with overly sexualized facial expressions are uncomfortable for me. I do actually like artistic nudity in doll sets, but when the entire doll looks like it's meant for the owner's gratification in that area, THAT is off putting. Not even because I judge for such interests, I just find it strange to look at for some reason... :eek:

20. I've never been freaked out by a doll before but I had to google Doll in Mind's Miso and that takes the cake.