1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Has a particular doll sculpt ever scared you or creeped you out?

Dec 22, 2016

1. I was going to say not really but not doll’s Bleu Citron gets me haha... It’s Definitely the tongue.

2. AOD Hui Xiang scares me:shudder

3. Once, and I don't know why really looking back, I found there to be something about DreamRealm Xiao Chi that just didn't sit right with me for some reason. Funny thing being that today I adore that sculpt and have him sitting here xD

4. I have to admit, the more look up the dolls people bring up, the less creeped out I am. Ah, exposure therapy. :XD:

That said, AoD's pregnant version of Hui Xiang is... Odd, to say the least. The face isn't so bad anymore, but the baby... the stomach... the mechanism in the back...

5. I wouldn't say I find her creepy but she definitely gives off... odd vibes, ahaha... :sweat I think something about the baby coming out of the back makes it 10x more off putting than it has to be.

6. I wasn't too freaked out by any dolls until I saw Granado Hansel...Something about the lopsided smile hits uncanny valley for me so a big nope to that. And as many have said, Ringdoll Mona is also pretty unsettling with the extreme crying expression.

7. Yes, which is a shame because I would've loved the sculpt otherwise. However a watched a movie and a character reminded me of the sculpt. The movie disturbed me way too much for me to ever consider buying the doll, which is a shame. (As a side note, I'm never disturbed by "horror" movies; however this one did it for some reason).

8. I get really creeped out by the insect ones from Doll Chateau. I'm not great with bugs and they freak me out whenever I see them!

9. Dollits Miso. I like BJD's with teeth, but something about her smile creeps me out.

10. Dollits Miso for sure. But even moreso, Miracle Doll's Zixin. I've seen Zixin done fantastic by a user on Insta but..otherwise..and especially with the company faceup..I just don't get it. I like creepy and odd and strange but..I don't know about Zixin..it's just a little TOO off putting. But my coworkers tell me my Gem of Doll Rae with the bird eye is creepy and I find her charming so..beauty is in the eye of the beholder?

11. I love creepy dolls...:sweat I am in love with IOS Jaguar, Infernal is one of my dream dolls. (the only one I like with tongue) Love lots of Doll Chateau dolls. But Impldoll have some sculpts I don't like to have in my house. Glenn. (But I can tell, that factory face up does it, because I saw a Glenn here on DOA, and he looks pretty cool). Old impldoll girl sculpts freak me out, with the strange eyes sitting so close...
      I just googled Nefer Kane, and that type of dolls are not creepy, but intolerable for me:ablah:

12. Hope I don’t upset anyone but... anthro cat dolls with human bodies & cat faces. Especially when they have the split lip type mouth. I don’t know what it is, it just bothers me a lot.

13. Almost every Nefer Kane doll. The giant heads and tiny, wide-set eyes just look grotesque.

14. Gotta agree with Miso... I usually don't mind if a doll is realistic or not, she is definitely something else.

15. The Nefer Kane dolls with all the holes in their face for extra eyes or the craters in their heads. I have a weird phobia to groups of holes (I think it’s called/spelled tryptophobia) so they really freak me out like I can’t explain :horror:

16. There are things called "reborn" baby dolls that look identical to actual babies. They creep me out so hard because they seem far too much like a dead baby.

17. Reborns do creep me out as well. BJDs, not so much.
      There are a lot of dolls whose faces I don't particularly like, but I can see potential in most of them. It's just not always a direction I want to go in - working on Ringdoll Mona, for instance, would probably make me very depressed.

I do appreciate the work that goes into making reborns, by the way. But I wouldn't want to own one.

18. While I can appreciate the work that goes into them, I have to tell the story that scarred me. I worked as a housekeeper, and one day I went to clean a room and found what appeared to be an abandoned motionless baby in a playpen. Naturally, I nearly crapped myself in panic. Upon further inspection, I realized the truth, but those first few seconds were heart stopping.

Also 1/2 scale BJDs that resemble actual six year olds creep me out for the same reason. Too similar to a real motionless child.

19. Reborns aren’t for me, but I do understand why people buy them and the artistry that goes into them. I’ve collected dolls for over a decade (Blythe mainly) and my 8 year old daughter has also inherited a love for dolls and guess what she asked for, for Xmas?! Haha. She carries her reborn everywhere and we have freaked out a few people when out and about. She likes to put ‘Ruby’ in the seat unit of the trolley when we’re in the supermarket. It does make me chuckle at times seeing others reactions when they realise it’s a doll. :lol:

20. Doll Leaves Puppets, or just any kind of doll like that really... I’ve found ventriloquist puppets really disturbing for as long as I can remember, something about the mouth especially doesn’t sit well with me! A friend once painted on his face the swirls and mouth lines from the SAW puppet and it made me feel weird! Can’t stand jabber jaws Dx