1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Has This Ever Happened To You?

Mar 3, 2011

1. It hasn't happened to me. But if it happen i will not accept expensive things like dolls from person for free. I don't want to feel obligated to man all the time. I do not want to fear that tomorrow he will take the doll back.

2. That was awesome! What a lotof you have received. [Elysion gear, justWOW, that was awesome.]

I did receive something from the friend that really got me into the hobby.
      I've never seen Mr. Clean Magic erasers where I live, and apparently it ispretty much impossible to get those exact erasers. But my friend bough a wholebox some time ago and she just gave me one, I thought it was cute.
      She has also been very supportive, and really nice about everything. She's beenhelping me out with a lot of things and I just don't feel alone because she isalso very excited with my doll, which makes me really happy.

3. My partner bought a doll second hand off a dolly friend of mine for me, after I'd gotten quite fond of that doll, and my friend was thinking of selling it anyway. The same friend always finds things she thinks would work for my dolls, I think its sweet. I don't always have a use for them right away, but I like to leave them in my 'dolly stuff box' to see whether I find a use for them in the future. Latest presents were some little suitcase tins with saddle club on (which I plan to attack with turps to see if I can make them just look brass) and some high heeled feet for the doll my partner bought off her!
      I don't think you should feel guilty, if she wants to give them to you. If you find she's really giving you too many things you can't use, maybe ask if she can check with you before she passes things on to you?

4. I've given quite a few random bits and pieces I wasn't using to my only doll friend... :XD: I'd prefer to see one of her dolls using it than it just sit in my drawer, and I usually can't be bothered putting small things on the MP, doesn't seem worth the hassle!!

5. A friend of mine moved back to the States from Canada. She gave me so many hand made dresses and outfits for my May (who didn't have many clothes). I was touched, and I do miss her a lot. I have also been fortunate in some gifties for my dolls by others a wig, a hat, an embroidered vest. Its lovely to have thoughtful friends who are so giving. Its also important to appreciate these kind of people and treat them respectively. I have met many fine friends through this hobby and it makes my heart glad.

6. I have neither given nor received anything in this hobby, at least, not yet anyways. Once I get a steady income and at least ONE doll, a friend of mine and myself shall probably be engaging in a gift war. :lol:
      Either way, sounds like you have a pretty awesome friend. :D