1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Has your resin family ever felt complete?

Dec 12, 2009

1. I really wish I could reach the point where my doll family is 'complete'. Sadly, it started off with a limit of three dolls only, and that ended up being increased to five. After that, I decided I absolutely had to have at least ONE female doll (as all five of my dolls are male), so now I'm waiting on my first female doll... and already I have plans to bring home at least one more YO-sized doll after her. And possibly another YO-sized one after that little one too... and of course, if I have my girl, she needs her hubby too!

And so on... it's a vicious cycle for me. For once, I actually wish I didn't have so many OCs :sweat

2. My doll family actually feels complete... :o

Or more like I've lost interest in dolls. But not my own? I still pamper and gush and spend on my babies, but I've no interest in seeing if any of my favourite companies are coming out newer dolls...

I'll only occasionally check back just to see if they have new clothing designs...*_*

3. At one point it did. I think it was at one, then eight. But then I started adding again. Now I keep saying I have twenty four, no wait, twenty three.

I don't think I want to know who the twenty fourth is. Because one of my character's in the book is supposed to be pregnant with a daughter so perhaps she's going to have that? But I don't want another tiny...I have six! But then again I would love to have a curly headed, tan skinned Asher around to annoy the heck out of everyone...but no...stop! I said I would stop at twenty three!

Of course I said that at twenty one and thirteen, too! [flail]

4. My resin "family" is FAR from complete, as I have 3 more planned, and only one at home :( BUT I only want 2 pukis and 2 MNFs so... (we'll see how long that lasts lol)

5. Hm, good question.

I don't think my answer could ever be 100% truthful, as I don't know what my feelings will be towards newcomming doll.
      I am slowly learning to live with the fact that many dolls are just those "Uh, pretty doll!" and not one I actually need to own.

Re-directing to the actual question. I think 2/3 of my doll families are complete (given that I actually manage to get my hands on the few dolls still missing).
      My dolls are divided into 3 groups.

Humans
      For years I knew my human family would be complete when I got the last girl. I got her a couple of months ago and I feel very satisfied with the three of them.

Myths
      My Soom dolls are my latest family. Originally I thought of getting Chrom, Amber, Euclase and Cass. I still need Amber and I started to realise that though I love Cass and have a character for her, I don't need her in the family. Instead, I was waiting for the October's and when they where released, I knew I had to get them too. I think many of Soom's md's are very gorgeous and I could easily come up with something for them all, but they're not "perfect" in the way the others are and since I'm writing stories about this family, I don't think it's a good idea to keep basing my characters off of Soom's design (look wise).
      I'm confident, that when I get my hands on Amber and Alk, this family too will be complete.

Zuzu's
      This is the group I'm uncertain about. I'm beginning to think that I'm actually collecting Zuzu's and not just buying the ones I like. The last two releases of Zuzu's, I've told my self that I had to choose my favorite because I had to buy one. I'm currently a Papi and a Corni away from having one of each type of Zuzu's.
      I have no idea what will happen if Luts ever release a Zuzu I don't like <_>'

6. Well, I'm fairly pleased with how my collection stands now but the problem is that companies keep out with AWESOME dolls that I want! So I don't seem to quit buying! I do seem to have developed 'groupings' that I like to get photos of. Certain dolls that just go together.

But there seems to be endless potential for growth...

7. Yes, my ABJD doll family feels complete; I am very happy with the dolls I have. I bought my first doll in June of 2005 and my last in July of 2006. When I have enough money to buy a new BJD and I look to see if there is a new one I want, I never find one that cries "Take me home!".
      I really feel blessed with this feeling of "enoughness". I enjoy my dolls and sew for them and that is great with me.
      Susan

8. I don't think mine will ever feel complete as long as I am so continually dissatisfied with face ups, clothing, and my dolls in general. I've been in the hobby for only about a year now (it will be a year this coming January) and already 4 (3 whole ones, one body, and a head...so yeah, "four"...) dolls have passed through these walls, with only one and a half remaining.

I do, in a way, feel content with the two dolls I have managed to keep so far. When they are together, they just seem to look so happy, I can't help it, really.

But, that doesn't mean I'm necessarily done collecting completely (ha, right)...I want my dolls perfect...and there are a lot of beautiful dolls I'd love to bring home. (and I will, oh I wiiiillll...)

9. Lol, so far, not yet. Each doll I get there's like at least one more per doll character that somehow gets created ^^; There's at least two or three more dolls I'm hoping to someday get.

10. In a few months, when I have my Narae, my Unoa Chibis, Volks Minoru, Volks Genji, and Volks Nana home (they're all in various stages of preorder/shipping), I'm 99% certain that my collection will have everything I need in it and I won't have to buy another doll. Perhaps a different body for some of them or the like, but in general I forsee my collection feeling very complete.

It took 19 dolls, but... I think I've made it! :)

11. No, my resin family is not complete. I need two more girls yet. :) It doesn't feel right, having an uneven number. I want a girl SD and then maybe a girl Puki and then it MIGHT be complete. We shall see what pretties are released in the future.

12. well i guess no because i berly started this year around september but i allready have 2 and getting a third....... i dont think it will ever be complete since its very addicting i dont think my family will ever be complete........................................

13. Oh, lots of times. :lol: Quitting is the easiest thing in the world - I've done it a thousand times. I'm always finished buying dolls. But then True Love comes around again, because the companies don't stop making beautiful dolls just because I think I'm 'finished', and the shelves keep making room for just one more, so.... completeness, much like power, is fleeting and mostly illusory.

14. I collect anthros, so....my collection/family may never be complete! Since they are really just a gang of many types of animals, more can always be added ^_^; Those who love anthros know that as long as cute ones keep being released (which they seem to! >.< ) you can never have too many!

That being said, I will have four soon, and I hope to limit myself to six or seven...

15. At the moment it does. :) I still see dolls that I think are cute and/or pretty, but I really don't have the desire to add to my group right now. :starcookie

16. I think it will soon? I have only a couple more characters I might want and only a couple things on my wishlist (potentially just one on my wishlist soon). That's not to say that nothing will catch my eye in the future but I think that it will help quell the compulsive need to have more to fill certain roles.

I think it might have been this thread (but I can't find the post) where someone said that you should buy one that you've been lusting after for ages and it helps. I now have almost every mold I have ever been head-over-heels for and it does help create a feeling of contentment/completion.

17. my family in total has never felt complete, but parts of it have. When I started getting the wolves Gunther was SO lonely, and kept telling me he needed a girlfriend, but then I saw Lu Wen, who informed me he wasw Heindrich, Gunther's brother, yet still...not complete, then for my birthday I snagged an elf shiwoo minifee, and suddenly there they were, gunther was happy...but then little Segurd (the shiwoo was not. I got a Faith planning her to be his mother (the Lu Wen is his father) but it failed, then a few days back I got a White Butterfly Lillis Liv from Dollmore on the marketplace, and she is PERFECT! Suddenly my werewolves are happy, and I don't need any more. My elven families go through phases of complete and not complete, I am getting the last of the children for Christmas, and that would make them complete...except now I am thinking of swapping one of my dolls out for a different one, even though I love her I think her huge headdedness is not fitting in...so it may take a little longer.

The band...has always been a work in progress, but suddenly it happened, I am waiting on a Dolkot order right now,a nd when it arrives suddenly I will have the whole band! I was planning an estella for the final member, but through a bizarre accident of circumstances I had a head fall into my lap at just the same moment a body sale fell through, so I am left with a great head and body just right to be the final member of the band...once the dolkot body gets here and Cain releases this body for use by Aaron.

The thing is I am a collector, so no matter what I doubt my collection will ever be finished, with upgrading, reworking, and occasionally adding new members to the cast.

Next are the dragonlings, I need two more, and then I have plans for a Chiron, and a couple of Satyrs.........so I doubt I will ever be done.

18. So long as i have Emmaline (my Sia), i feel like my family is complete. She is the cornerstone and lynchpin of the entire resin crowd :love

I guess the "core" family is Emmaline (Sia), Summer (Unique Sia), Christine (Art Delf Miyu) and Victoria (Volks Carol). The core Pipos clan is Esme and Sam the baha twins and Peanut and Eclaire the Heero and Dali Docshul limiteds. So those two "families" are complete. I think my Rosette family might be complete too - at least right now! I'm still working on my Customhouse Petites.

All other dolls come and go ... i think i have 36 right now and i'd like to get this bunch down to about 30 because it's getting really cramped and it's getting hard to display and play w/ all of them regularly.

19. I think mine is a step from being complete now. I'm waiting for several dolls, some are going to have better bodies, fairy parts, hands etc. But I really know who will be the last of them.

20. Sadly, no. I have a serious sickness of once I get an acquired doll I am on to the next one. Sometimes I have sold others to buy a new one. I would have kept the old one if I had the funds for the new one. I am now to the point I do not have anyone else to sell that I feel I could live without. I came to the realization the other day I am very lucky to have what I do, 5 SD, 1 tiny, 1 floating head, and one floating body with a full doll on order and head for my body. But it still does not keep me from wanting more, it is kind of embarrassing.