1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Has your resin family ever felt complete?

Dec 12, 2009

1. I'm starting to feel like my doll crew is close to completion. I don't think it will stop me from wanting or getting more dolls, it's more a case of once I collect who I have on my list, if I couldn't get another doll, then I'd be okay with who I have.

2. I have over 30. I refuse to count. It's too many, because I like to do photostories with my dolls and that is a lot of characters and plot lines to come up with. There are times that I wish I had just stuck with the Obitsu dolls because of how great they are to pose. But I wanted a boy, and Obitsu didn't make boys at that time, so I got my first resin (elfdoll Red). Then i wanted an MSD. Then a boy MSD. Then a different brand..and another brand...and a yo-sd...and a tiny...and so forth.

Now I find myself with too many dolls. But I can't bear the thought of selling any of them. And I think I don't want any more dolls, but then I always see just one more that I fall in love with.

I think if I could go to meet-ups and see other dolls without buying them it would help. But there are no other people around here with dolls, so the only way I can see new sculpts is to buy them.

3. UPDATE!!!

i think i've found my resin family plan!!! i;m going to complete the dollmore resin colorwheel, i have a DM kid aiden in NS, a DM kid momo in suntan and i'm looking for a WS pado. these are the first three dolls that i fell in love with (and the only three that have had lasting power) so i think that i'll be satisfied when i have them completed!!!

4. I'm pretty happy with my crew now... Once the last two Soom tinies (One's in transit, the other's ordered and in the "waiting" phase-) get here and Ahken, Snow and Sparrow get their proper bodies, the Next Generation and Ancestors casts will be complete. The Turtle House main cast has been done for about a year.

Among the non-TH dolls... Wren still needs a face-up, but she's the last of my Exalts that needs anything. The Faeries, First House cast and Assorted Others are long finished and complete.

So, yeah... except for a few last bits and pieces, I'm content. ^_^

5. I believe this question pertains more about how one feels than dolls. In general, I do not believe people are satisfied with what they have. People can be happy but never satisfied. Tomorrow, a new mold can come out and with someone who really loves it, he or she might feel that it is important to get this doll in their family. That dopamine rush comes to you when you see that doll. It all has to deal with your emotions and sometimes rationality as to whether you feel its is complete or not.

6. I'm nearing that point of satisfaction.

Right now I have, two SD-sized boys, two MSD-sized boys, and MSD-sized girls, and three cherish dolls. If I didn't rp them with a friend, I could have been complete with the doll acquiring phase a while ago. Oops.

Now though, I only need two more SD boys who already have characters. So I'm close to complete.

That said... I wouldn't mind a Kid Delf Army. :) Or a JID boy.

7. I'm very happy with my resin family right now, which is really odd! :o I had planned for 3 or 4 as there were a couple molds I still really love and thought I would own. But even when I have the extra money to buy them just laying around, I find I don't want them because I love having just my two MSDs. It feels so right! :fangirl:

That may change a year or two in the future as I start to search for something new. But at least I can say my resin family has felt complete before, because it does right now. :) My two girls are just perfect for me right now and I'm loving just having them, already an armful! ;)

8. I currently own 2 dolls, one floating head, and plan on one more tiny. Every now and again I feel like there's someone missing, but I try not to dwell on that. I want to complete my four girls, first. If by that time I still feel one is missing, we'll see :)

9. Right now, I am incredibly content with my "resin family." I finally acquired my ~dream doll~!! I have my Claire, who I am now very attached to, and the doll I've always wanted. I couldn't be happier at the moment in terms of ownership. I can't wait to get more wigs, eyes, and outfits for them both, so I can enjoy them even more!

10. Mmmm not quite yet, but it's ever changing for me. I only have one doll at home atm, there were two others that I bought but I was never able to really bond with them(and My poor Anastas didn't seem to like them much either). It just kind of depends on if the sculpt I find fits the character Im looking to create or just screams "Take me home!", and whether or not I can bond with them when they get here.

11. I'm at 8 dolls, 1 coming and I still do not feel my "family" is right.
      Maybe its because one is a head (the body is coming though) and the one that is coming is a head too so I might not think its right until it has a body too....

I know one doll is missing and I cannot wait to have it and see if it is really the one I wanted to complete it > w<

12. yeah~ i thought i only needed one to complete my life!
      but 7 years laters all these resin kids keep showing up outta nowhere! hahaha
      though i think if i had an SD13 shiro or minoru and an SDC kurt i would be able to stop :3
      maybe~
      XD

13. I am *SO* close to my collection being complete.... just 2 more dolls....

One is half paid for....

14. alas no it doesn't but thats only because I just have the one and he needs some friends .

15. Not quite e3e) But that's just with the dolls that I own now. But once I start listing and planning others to get, it brings me more at ease :)
      With my plans as they are at the moment, I could see my resin gang as being complete. Of course, I'll have to account for dolls that haven't been released yet ^^" But we all have to reach that sometime. Plus there's one doll I haven't added to my list, but I'm pretty sure I won't get him |D"
      Strangely, my complete family includes two floating heads :0 I.. guess I could get them bodies, eventually XD

16. Tonight though, looking at them and visualizing the one who was just shipped, it hit me: this looks right and complete. Like after this doll, everything will look balanced and right and I will be content - the family will be complete!
      Have you ever felt this?

Uh... Well, pretty much. I felt this way after the FIRST. Then, after the SECOND. Then, after the THIRD...

Let's put it this way, I don't ever feel INCOMPLETE. But if they keep making dolls I like, I'll be tempted to buy them!

Have you ever looked at your resins and just known that there would always be someone missing?
      No. As I said, I've been happy from the first one... But even more happy after the second, third, forth... ! *_*

Could you ever be completely happy with who you have and not really long for another doll to be in the picture?
      I could be happy, sure. But if I see a new doll that I fall for, I will definitely be longing for it!

I've never been one for a big wish-list. I'm happy with what I have and what I can get at the moment. So I DON'T long after something non-existent. I do get tempted by new dolls, though. I'm trying not to buy more, but it's very hard! So, basically, the "completeness" and the "longing" are two different issues for me. I'm not looking to complete a family to begin with. One doll would have been a good thing! And everything else is just cream (or icing or whatever), but I never feel that something is missing.

17. mine isn't complete... that's for sure XD im thinking of a story for my dolls so like, there are still quite some characters to be filled. And... there are still a number of dolls I'm still saving for T_T

18. mine feels complete, and i only have one. i mean, one day i might buy elodie a boyfriend or a sister, but i really don't feel the need to at the moment. i'm pretty content. :)

19. Oh yes, now I have complete crew that consists of 3 members))

20. The 'family' will never be complete. Discounting my event head/faceplate collection which will never be complete (since you know, every year twice+ a year new event plates are released), there are other dolls that I fall in love with and must be brought home. The group together always feels like it's incomplete and that's just fine by me. It's a growing and changing collection after all.