1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Haute Doll Exclusive Marie Antoinette-inspired PeaksWood Sky

Apr 5, 2007

1. All the rest of the clothing arrived yesterday and the detail and workmanship on them is amazing. However, I'm not sure how to display all the extra outfits. I don't think I can afford to buy dolls for every outfit I have now, but I would love to set up a French court scene.

I ordered the Luts boy body with the gift head so that Marie will have her Louis. I think one of the wigs will look great on him and maybe I will try and make him an outfit. I was thinking maybe getting some dressforms or something to show off the remaining clothes? What do you guys think?

Trying to get some photos up of her, but am having a slight problem with trying to pose her. I will try to hot glue suede her today and hope I don't make a mess of it.

2. I'm glad you're happy with the outfits!! I wish I could afford the doll too! Ah well. Can't wait to see pictures! :-) There's a seller on ebay that has perfect male 18th century wigs - "j.a.k.elz" - you might email her on ebay...

3. Sounds amazing, I can't wait for my outfits to arrive today!! You could always put the extra dresses on dress forms and display them. I envision a scene where she has dressmakers bring in dressforms modeling the outfits she is considering buying, with opened shoe boxes and hat boxes scattered on the floor, and pretty sweets and treats stacked up on tables---kinda like in the movie ;)

Paul
      Dollcis

4. oh, I love that idea of all the shoes and hatboxes, the pretty food, the elegant room slightly messy, but composed like a painting.

have you seen Neale's site - all 18th century fabulousness.
      http://members.shaw.ca/Meridienne/

5. So, my wig arrived today. I tried in on my girl, and I'm having a terrible time having it stay, and I REALY don't want to stick moleskin on my girls headcap. Is anyone else having this issue, or have sugestions as to how to remedy this?

6. Sterling - you could try those silicon caps they sell, that you put over the dolls head - they are just temporary, but they are supposed to work really well for keeping wigs on. Denver Doll Eporium sells them:
      http://www.denverdoll.com/wigcaps.php

7. Sterling I am using those caps from Denver doll and they are great. The only wig I do have a bit of trouble with is the really top heavy one with flowers, but it works pretty good with the silicone cap.

8. Thank you so much Padawansguide and Lyssandra! I will definately get one of those! The wig I have is the large one with the flowers. It's just a little top heavy, but honestly, I thought it would be worse.

9. check your emails!

Haute Doll is making more items for those of us who missed out on things we ordered.

you just reply to the email confirming that you want the items listed.

yay! cheers for HD. :aheartbea

10. I'm SO excited! I just saw the email!! Yay! This makes me really really happy!

11. Thats great! I've very happy this situation is working out better then it initially sounded.

12. I haven't heard anything from HD. I wonder if they're only doing this for people that got part of their order filled...

13. I don't know - maybe you could call and ask? I would think if you didn't get any of your order filled that you would be included.

14. I just got my email! I'm really happy HD is handling this so well.

15. Me too!!!! Go HD!!!!!! :D :D :D

Judy

16. I got my Haute Doll items the other day and wow! Everything is beautiful and the packaging itself is so pretty! I wish I could have gotten one of everything!!

I know the pink dress is supposed to be a dressing gown, but it looks so regency to me. It's so pretty!

Here it is on Luna. It's a bit small and doesn't close all the way down the back, but you can't tell.

[​IMG]

Here's the brown dress and one of the wigs on my Volks School A head (faceup by me) and old Customhouse body. The dress is a bit big in the waist and bust, but the old Customhouse body is very slender. The dress is gorgeous. I have my own petticoat and panniers underneath.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

I also got the blue shoes and they are so pretty! I got the black shoes and they work really well with the black Haute Doll dress from Dollectable:

[​IMG]

They even fit my Lydia (with some work) - and Elfdolls have notoriously big feet!

I got one other dress, which I'm saving for Masha, when she gets here.

I got the little green top, which is cute - but I haven't tried it on anyone yet.

I'll post more pics when I've got Masha dressed up too! :-)

I was so pleased with the quality of everything, but then Doll Heart always does gorgeous work.

So to HD and Dollheart, I say -more more!!

17. ahhh I am so jealous :drool. Your dolls look absolutely beautiful!

18. padawansguide: your girls look like they've stepped out of history!
      I wanted the brown dress, too. it was in my shopping cart and disappeared when I went to pay. :( it's even prettier on your Customhouse girl than in the magazine. I love everything I got and they fit my CP Lishe perfectly.

I'll take some pix today and post them here. :)

19. Thank you! :-)

Petiteballerine, I had the same shopping cart issue, only everything in it disappeared. Not good!

Maybe you could email them and see if they would order one for you since they are remaking them? Worth a shot, maybe?

I'd love to see pics! :-)

20. Padawansguide: That dress looks very lovely on your Luna. Did you try any of the other gowns on her by any chance?

I just received the email from HD about more outfits being available, but before I reorder them, I wanted to see if the gowns actually fit the Volks SD10 or SD13 girls. I originallly ordered the purple gown and the pink/aqua one on the cover of the magazine. And I'm guessing that the Volks girls probably can't wear the corsets underneath the gowns -- probably too tight? So if anyone out there has Volks girls and bought some of these gowns, please let me know how they fit. Thanks!