1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Haute Doll New Website and New Issue and Exclusives!

Dec 7, 2005

1. i got my magazine last week :) another great issues. i love the little doll cases in the magazine. i wish i had the time to make one :D

2. Well, that's convenient! I meant to get around to renewing my subscription, but I let it lapse, then I moved, etc... Well, this is as good a reason as any to start reading again! I'd love to see articles on Cerberus Project dolls, myself. That'd be neat. Would also love to see more articles about face-up artists and stuff. You know, stuff in general. Like about those dolls I hear so much about, with the joints and the faces.

I think the exclusive web-only content is a smart thing, myself. It's a clever and common hook to get people to subscribe. I don't really think it's meant to alienate.

3. All those things are coming up, definitely! It takes a while once we get an idea for an article to get all the resources for it, and not to mention get it published...! But we're definitely working on having more face-up artists, more features about artists and costumers and more articles about different companies.

4. I believe Gayle has a very good point. The new site would be a very good tool to advertise what's in the issues, past, present, and future. Why would you, "preach to the choir," as it were?

I'm not a subscriber to the magazine; but if I hear about things I'm interested in I go and buy it at the local news shoppe. (Aimee, I have to admit, I had to read Contempory Doll after all the comments....so, I bought it.) ^0^

I have bought several issues of Haute, and have enjoyed the BJD stuff.....and the visit to Kyoto...^^

It's up to you of course, but I do believe Gayle has a point.

5. seriously guys, like I said, that's not my decision to make, so it's not up to me. Haute Doll magazine isn't run by me or denofangels. I just write some articles for it. ^_^ you should email HD themselves to say what you think about it if you feel strongly about it. (politely.)

6. lol i wonder if i can get my hand on the magazine's backdated volumes, anywayz can someone tell me when it start so i can at least email someone....

<=== still noob, juz woke up tooz...

7. Hi Guys! I am not sure there is a mix-up here, but I thought I would clarify Haute Doll's membership promotion and www.hautedoll.com website access. A membership is simply signing up for an additional two year subscription at $51.90 for 12 issues - quite a savings over the newsstand price equivalent of $95.40. Naturally, it is to encourage subscriptions versus newstand sales--that is the name of the game. Anyone can access our website. The only part of the website reserved for members is the Breakroom -- a place to post and chat. Other than that, anyone can access the editorial that we place online, as well as all other areas of the site. Non-members can also buy (or not--that is, of course, up to you) our exclusive products. We do offer a discount to members, but it is not necessary to subscribe or even get the magazine to buy our great products--like our Softly She Walks Street Spirits--a current "Boutique" item. We are not trying to be "exclusive" or encourage snobbery--just really trying to encourage people to subscribe. I certainly did not intend for this to be off-putting to anyone and I apologize if it is taken that way by anyone. Thanks for reading!! Keep playing!!

8. Thank you for clarifying that Karen! I can understand the breakroom being a members only thing.

I was confused and thought that if you couldn't log in as a member, you wouldn't be able to view the site, I really appreciate you taking the time to address this for me.

9. Thanks for your insite to your new forum site. I usually don't get subscriptions for myself, however I have picked up copies of Haute for myself and for a few friends over seas, and shipped them out.

I know a subscription would be the cheaper way to go, and maybe your site will talk me into it... ^^
      Can people overseas get a subscription....say in Korea?

10. Thank yopu for replying Aimee... yes in that case it sure is worth the 90$ Can for the 2 years subscription.