1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Haute Doll Super Dollfie Issue Features NEW Jun and Isao

Oct 29, 2004

1. It's highly unlikely that Haute Doll would talk favorably about Korean Dolls when their trip to Japan was (if I remember correctly) funded by Volks! And if I'm wrong on that and it wasn't, then Volks certainly opened their studios and store to Haute Doll and of course agreed to a very unique LE promotion through their magazine. Remember that Volk's official policy is that *all* other BJD brands are imitations, not just the ones made directly from their molds. Haute Doll was keeping in line with Volk's official position since the entire magazine was about Super Dollfie not BJD, and given the photostories I'd guess that the writers or editors themselves own Super Dollfie, not BJD.

I don't think the tone was very rude, especially given the concentration of the article, and who knows, perhaps in the future they'll feature other BJD.

2. hopefully when people come to teh fourm and ask we can.. show them that there is more to the wolrd then volks.

just what if someone reads this and then openly insults one of US who owns a soo , el, yen. mina, bin ect? and calls out dolls cheaap rips offs of volks.

them fightin words.

and not to mention ill educated

3. Er, yeah. I don't think that'd happen anytime soon.

Volks paid for the entire trip, what is HD supposed to do? And the issue is about Super Dollfie, not BJD. I'm sure if CP or DoD were to fork out the funds and invite them over, HD would write just as nice an article as this one.

4. Hi guys! The January/February issue of Haute Doll focused on the Super Dollfies. That is the trademark owned by Volks. :D They are the ones who started it all, and, as such, deserve much attention and honor. Other companies have developed their own unique, ball jointed resin dolls. Personally, I collect and LOVE Custom House, Luts, Alchemic Labs and others. Then, there are those companies who simply took the Super Dollfie and made their molds from the exact dolls Volks made. I could not tell you the names of these companies, but, certainly, you would agree that that type of piracy is WRONG, no matter who is ripping off who, it is wrong. Stay tuned to Haute Doll for features and articles on many different types of ball jointed dolls. We want to cover all the dolls that we love to collect today. But the Volks issue honored the company that started it all and the company that makes awesome dolls that, in my opinion, just keep getting better and better! But how lucky are we...that we have so many choices!! My biggest problem is lack of money for all of them!! :crushed
      Love,
      Karenc :cow

5. forever doll

we know alllll that already.

no ther company has been LEGALLY PROVED to have copied volks

6. I can definitely understand that, and I personally don't mind that they diismissed the other doll brands (it is the Super Dollfie issue, after all), but there seemed to be an implication in that paragraph that all other brands were inferior copies that ripped off Volks molds. We all know that isn't true... :(

7. Aye-- I read that and kind of got the same impression. Granted, it is tough for them to swallow their idea being "copied", but Volks did not produce the first BJDs, either. They began in Europe in the late 1800's. It was wrong of a Chinese company to rip off Volks' molds and thus put a bitter flavor into their attitude toward their other Asian companies. Nonetheless, it was a Volks issue, and I'm quite greatful that a forum I'm a part of was so openly recognized and that an American company has picked up on the popularity on our dolls! Hopefully Americans can open their eyes to our special kiddos and reinforce the idea of opening a Tenshi no Sato here in the US. ^^;;

8. [Hopefully Americans can open their eyes to our special kiddos and reinforce the idea of opening a Tenshi no Sato here in the US. ^^;;]

I've been hinting that a trip to Japan would be a nice gift.
      (no sign of plane tickets under the Christmas tree)

Yes! We NEED a Tenshi no Sato store in the US.

debbiec

9. Yeah, maybe they won't treat it as they have Doll & Hobby, but actually send it its whole order.

10. Exactly! I had my heart broken when they marked my SDs as "sold out". Thankfully Frank is wonderful & I should be getting my Ryo in the next month! :)
      I love Doll & Hobby!

11. Since I am in charge of magazine placement for my bookstore, I have proudly been displaying Haute Doll in a prime, front row position since we got it. (My coworkers could tell you stories about the day it came in and me running around showing everyone.)

Some things I have overheard:

Mother to daughter: "Do you see Barbie Bazaar, honey?"
      Daughter to mother: "No, but look at this, mommy!" *brandishes Haute Doll*
      Mother to daughter: "OOoooh, how beautiful! They look like those cartoons you watch, too."
      Daughter to mother: "Yeah! Mommy, can I have one for Christmas?"
      Mother to daughter: "Sure, honey."
      Me: *chokes*

Very Butch Football Player Type Guy: "Fu~k, these these dolls are hot! Why can't real chicks look like that!?"
      His Friend: "Yeah, I'd do her." *pointing to Isao on cover*
      Me: *giggles insanely and has to retire to the breakroom*

Coworker (when I showed her the magazine): "So these are like the dolls you collect?"
      Me: "Yup. Look, see, you can customize them and do things and *rambling...*"
      Coworker: "Wow, neat. So, how much do they cost."
      Me: :oops: *mumbles amount*
      Coworker: ... "I must have misheard, how much?"
      Me: *tells her the approxiamate price of Isao*
      Coworker: "You're insane!!!"
      Me: *nods agreement while thinking about getting SD13 Yori*

Oh, and as a side note, this issue has been selling REALLY well at my store (even aside from the ones that I bought myself.) In fact, it has been selling so well that I've had to re-order it. So yay, the Super Dollfie love is spreading far and wide across the land!!!

When the issue comes off the stands I will have approxiamate figures for how much was sold at all B&N stores in the US, would anyone be interested in knowing...? :wink: (Maybe it is only me that finds the trends of magazine sales a fascinating commentary on our cultural values???)

~Tara

12. ... ....

I REALLY need to get down to B&N and buy myself a copy, before it's too late.l :oops:

13. xD priceless.

I know I'd be interested in hearing how many ended up selling at B&N.. :)
      *hugs her own copy*

14. HAHA!! If only he knew! :lol:

CJ<-----Currently waiting for her Isao2

15. I was a week too late calling "Haute Doll" to order Jun :(

Does anyone know if the head used for Jun is also available as FCS and if so, which head is Jun's?

Thanks,

debbie

16. Jun's head is not available through FCS...it's a limited mold (unless they decide to rerelease a new version of her at some later date).

I just picked up Haute Doll yesterday at my local Barnes & Noble. It's great. ^_^ They had a couple other copies left too.

17. Jun's head has been coming up on YJ alot, though, so you may havce a chance of getting her head (or a whole doll) there.

18. Has anyone who payed by check gotten their doll yet? I'm anxiously awaiting my Jun's arrival and I'm just wondering if it's odd that she hasn't come yet.

19. Im wondering that too! I got the wonderfull julidc to send a chek in for a Jun too!
      I gues its taken longer due to x-mas and new year. I guess you could phone them up if your realy anxious, but if I got the weeks right they should be sent out soon.

Charlie*^_^*

20. I was wondering the same thiing and I finally broke down and called last week about the precise check payment policy.

If you paid by check they are holding them for exactly three weeks to clear before shipping. I sent a check on 12/6 and they receieved it on 12/9 which means my three week mark just hit on 12/30 - so hopefully they shipped my Jun that day or yesterday - I have been eating my head waiting!

As far as I can tell though, I should have my Jun this week since they are shipping UPS Ground and it's 3 days from them to MA

I :barf with impatience!