1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

have other people swayed your own opinion about your doll?

Oct 14, 2021

1. my parents reason for calling the doll stuff like that is due totally to his anatomical correctness x_x). when we were looking at dolls to choose what i wanted to get, they were super shocked when they found out that BJD dont have sculpted on underwear like barbies ..; i tried to explain that it wasnt intended to be gross to them at that point but i think they dismissed it and kept joking anyway -_-).

2. .

#22 Gintsumi, Oct 14, 2021
      Last edited: Feb 28, 2024
    3. Other people have not swayed my opinion of my dolls, but people have swayed my opinion of them while commenting on my dolls.

Anatomical correctness is not inherently sexual and neither is nudity. They even sell anatomically correct baby dolls and no one would accuse those of being perverted and gross. Maybe your parents just grew up in a different time and different place. It is hard to ignore the comments of the people who raised you so I'm not sure what to say about that.

4. I do care only about the opinion of peoples I really love, like my parents for example. But we have a extremely good relationship and they, knowing I love the dolls, never ever said anything bad about them.
      So if you have a good relationship with your parents, I think you should talk to them and explain how much they are hurting you. Maybe they didn’t realize.

5. My best friend is not a doll person. I have a Miro Doll Mika. I know she's an inexpensive doll and not the highest quality compared to dolls from other companies, but I love her. I spent a long time finding the right clothes and wig for her.
      Well, my friend does not like her. She says Mika does not fit in with my other dolls. I paid no attention at first, but then it started eating at me. It made me question my own decision to have Mika in my doll crew. I actually went so far as to take her down off the shelf, undress her and put her in her box. But after a short time I really missed her. So now I don't listen to anyone else's opinion. I love my dolls, and my friend can just deal with it. LOL

6. Sorry about your experience. I don't know how old you are but since your parents are paying for the doll, I'm guessing under 20. Sometime, it's hard to explain to parents about hobbies and how we want to be identified by other in that age, but it's a stage you'll eventually grow out of! If you truly love this hobby, just keep doing what makes you feel happy. Eventually people will accept.

7. Eh, my mom collects dolls too so she can’t really say anything about mine, but she doesn’t ‘get’ the anime aesthetic and has called a few of my dolls ugly. And as I’ve said in other threads, I had a friend who called my dolls creepy and gross. None of these remarks affected me or my affection for my dolls—if anything, I sometimes exacerbate the situation because I find their reactions amusing :lol:

8. Omaigosh Im sorry OP had to go through that. I had my fair share of that experience as well from my parents. We're from a conservative and religious asian family. They find BJDs creepy, always commenting how it'll haunt me, saying how the devil will possess them. Of course I was hurt by it because they couldn't see BJDs as a form of Art like I do.

How is it any different from me owning 10-20 barbie dolls when I was a kid? And it's not like I display my BJDs out in the open. I always put them back in their closet after playing like how I always did with my barbies when I was young. I got super frustrated in that household for a couple of months. The shaming was just super unbearable.

So I decided to ignore their unfriendly remarks and just continue with the hobby. Sharing with them pictures that I took of them, talking about fashion with them. And to my surprised, they started to be more open bout it. It took them 1 year to be tolerant of my hobby. And I'll take that.

So, I hope they dont discourage you from getting them. If it's what makes you happy, go for it. Maybe show them pictures you took after you dress them up. Play guessing games with them "Is this Human or Doll?" Slowly get them involved, showing that you're enjoying the hobby. Maybe one day, they'll open up too:hug: