1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Have you ever abandoned a doll?

Sep 9, 2009

1. I only have 1 BJD so this doesn't really apply but if i had more dolls and ended up not bonding with one of them i wouldn't just ignore the doll. I'd re-home them so someone can give them the love they deserve.

2. I abandoned my first tiny.

After having SD and MSD dolls, the tiny just didn't click with me. I felt nothing for her. And felt very guilty for it.
      Luckily, she had a lovely chubby body and face that my mom fell in love with, so she's gone to a very good home where she's played with everyday and appreciated as much as she should be.

3. Yes,

It was my first doll I had but I realized that he wasn't my type of doll at all!

So now he is left in his box ...

I'm thinking of selling him but I'm not sure if I can because the original box is damaged

hopefully I will find him a good home

4. My second doll was a Dal and I never seemed to be able to bond with her. I guess that because her body is plastic and her head is rather large, we never clicked. I feel quite guilty :sweat but maybe I'll find a home for her someday.

5. I keep my doll in the box she came in so that there is no risk of her getting dusty or ruined; I often call it her coffin as she looks so beautiful laying on the silky cushions she came in ^_^ hehe I can't wait until I have the money to buy her a carrying case.

6. I'm one of those owners that doesn't keep things that aren't getting attention. I have to limit my doll collection because I don't like clutter or hoarding (and so I stop buying eventually XD) and so if I can stand to keep my doll in the box and not play with it - chances are it's going to be going to another home pretty fast. My dolls sit on my desk or on my bookshelf so I can look at them constantly when I'm in my room. They only go in their box if I want to have natural light coming in or if I'm not sure if I really like the doll.
      I don't think leaving a doll in it's box or anything is abandoning it though. When I read the thread title I thought of just leaving them somewhere random and walking away or like moving without them lol. And yes, I've seen that movie. :< Poor doll.

7. I have just a few dolls, so they are displayed and played with. If I don't bond with a doll I put her up for adoption so someone who really loves her can enjoy the doll.

8. I never consider leaving a doll for a quite time to be "abandoning".
      My dolls are kept in their own boxes due to space limit & their safety.

I rarely play with my dolls, my first doll ever kept in her box for months,
      just because I was so busy with my thesis.
      But I still love her, and when I have free time, I'll let her out and play with her.
      The same thing will happened to my other dolls.

Some times I feel guilty, why I don't play more with my dolls,
      but my life needs always come first.

I know dolls can be a scary thing, if we view them from dolls with souls inside.
      I have some traditional dolls at home and people are kinda afraid with them,
      said they have souls etc etc.
      And for me, they're beautiful & my precious collection. :)

9. Yes, my FelixDoll Brownie. I kept him in his box with random face-up take outs but that's it once I got my MSDs. Thankfully I was able to sell him before I felt more guilty while my like for him grew due to the face-ups I did.

Second doll, my first MSD, a KDelf Ani... kinda feeling like I abandoned him cause I like my second MSD, a super old DoC Too, better and I play with him more. Don't know why I feel more enamored to my second doll as both of them were impulse buys. Dx

10. Akando lives in his box......he is so beautiful, but i don´t want to let him sit on a shelf so i guess in his box he feels very abandoned.......i thought of selling him .......to a place where he gets more attention, but i cant let him go ^^

11. I did...I was going thru some difficult times and couldnt play with her..

12. My Louis is very abandoned ... or more like, I fell out of love with him... I just don't play with him much anymore compared to my other dolls (hopefully that will change once I get his faceup redone...) The more I think about it, the more I think he wasn't worth it; which is sad because I really do love his sculpt and I don't want to let him go, either. :(

13. yes,sometimes,I think.
      I feel very sorry about this……

14. I've never done that but I feel bad when I have to leave my girl in her box for more than 1 day

15. I only have two dolls but a collection slowly growing of course because I insist on making a family. I hope I never get master doll syndrome or abandon a doll... it scares me thinking about it.

16. Storing my dolls in their boxes is my M.O.; I don't feel it's abandoning them, just safely storing them away until I'm ready to do something with them again.

I have to admit, when I first saw the title of this thread, my immediate thought was 'Who would just leave a couple hundred dollars doll in a field (Toy Story 3 style)?' :lol: That's my idea of abandonment, and I'd be pretty against it, from both a littering point of view as well as a monetary POV. Also, yes, that kind of abandonment would be a little sad.

17. Yes, sometime I lose interested in them so I don't play with them like .... a year but when I have inspiration I play with them again.

18. It sounds to me like you're talking about emotional abandonment, where for whatever reason you get tired of the doll and just put it away to be sold later. Sure, that happens. Not frequently, at least to me since my collection is small, but I imagine if I had many dolls it would happen often. There's only so much time in the day you can spend with them, after all!

19. Yes I'm guilty of doing this. My first bjd is a pocket fairy and she's cute but as soon as I got her I knew she was too tiny for me, or just too baby like. I will put her up for adoption soon and hopefully she will find a happy home. I have to admit I never even named her. But now I'm saving for a Tiny Fairy!

20. yeah....my MSD is..because I spend too much on my SD doll :(
      she is inside the case for very long time now :/
      I've thought of selling her, but I'm too afraid that she will be shipped to someone who will treat her really bad