1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Have you ever postponed a box opening ?

Oct 26, 2009

1. When I ordered my Homme Ducan he arrived two days before Christmas, but I managed to leave him in his box until Christmas morning.

However, last Friday some doll items that I'd really been hanging out for finally arrived but, having received some upsetting news that afternoon, I didn't feel the least inclined to open the box when I got home. I just put it to one side until I did feel ready to open it.

2. I think I only did that once.. but I caved in after two days XD Forgot why I was waiting though. Maybe for his clothes? Oh well, I never wait anymore.. too excited! (Heck, I had two naked ladies sitting headless in my room for a few weeks before I got everything for them >.> )

3. Ive tried. But the longest that i have ever waited to open up a doll box was from the post office to my house... teheheheh

4. I have! until I could get my camera working etc. and all that. I don't really mind post-poning it... I mean like ,the dolly is already in my possession anyways. I'm most anxious when it's in transit.

5. I gotta wait an extra.. 6 or so days to open mine (He wont be in my posession, but in my dealer's I know her personally so its allright.) I gotta wait for a post-halloween party in my area, Another girl is opening her Hong with my Wing

6. Hm.. Id consider it if something bad ever did happen, and I didnt want to associate that insident with the doll. But on another note, I probably wouldnt even if the day was horrid or if something terrible had happened, Id open the box just to make up for the horrible day or whatever. A new doll makes everything better. Well.. almost everything. I can see putting off a doll opening if someone I loved died, at least on that day anyhow. Opening it would still make me feel at least a little better.

7. I postponed Sanyu's box opening just about long enough to get a camera. XD

With my next dolly, Gael, I plan on postponing the box opening about as long as it takes to get Sanyu dressed properly, everything lit well, and the camera. Then I will take the opening in photostory format... which will take a good deal longer than my hack slash method at opening Sanyu. And it will certainly have better pictures. XD

But that's more than likely as long as I could postpone anything. Maybe if friends wanted to come over for a box opening party or something... I could wait at MAX a day. XD I'm horrible impatient like that.

8. I am trying to save everything I buy between now and Christmas unopened until Christmas day, but I have been thinking that the kids might be mad if I get more "toys" than they do >< Well that is the best excuse I can come up with to open everything early anyway.

9. I had an "opportunity" to postpone the opening when I had troubles at the customs with Dollmore Dean. I had to go there and pay some extra money. Then people of the company which was delivering the doll asked me if I want to take the doll with me or will I wait till tomorrow and they will bring the doll to my home. But I was waiting for the doll so long, and after all those difficulties I thought, "No, no way! I want it today!" So I took my boy home on that day, though I didn't have my own car and travelling a long way home wasn't an easy with a big doll box :]

10. I've never had a box opening but I can't even imagine having the box and waiting. I find it hard enough to imagine the box opening photoshoots where the opener has to stop and take pictures and pose other dolls into the pictures. I would find it excrutiating to not just be able to rip open the box and touch and play with everything. That's why I'll be having my boyfriend take pictures. But I know I'll have to delay my box opening even a little because I won't be opening the box at my house and if it's his house I'll have to wait for the home daycare kids to be gone. Even thinking about that is making me squeal and shiver with anticipation!

11. I had planned to wait on my unoa when he got here because the week he was set to come I had a major assignment or exam every single day of the week. Amazingly enough though, he came like an hour after I'd uploaded my last assignment so I didn't have to wait at all!

Most of my dolls have come with some small delay in opening them though, like I was in school until late or a friend had bought the doll and was holding onto it until christmas, or in the case of my Mihael...he got delivered to my grandmother's house since I wasn't home and my mailman felt guilty taking him to the post office since that was really far away(my grammy lives up the street), so there was a delay of the period between when I got home and when Grammy called to tell me he was here.

12. My first doll (a tan El which I bought off Ebay from a DoA member) was supposed to be my uni graduation present to myself, except he arrived a lot quicker than I thought, when my graduation thesis was still far from finished. So I stuck the big box in my workroom upstairs and waited with the boxopening until I finished my thesis, THREE WEEKS after he arrived. Stupid when considering warranties and such, but so worth the feeling of actually having deserved him after all that work^^. I did go and say good morning and goodnight to him every day he was still in the box, and promised him I'd work hard and write a lot and tell him how much I'd actually gotten done, so in a way he was already unpacked^^. I've never been so dedicated to finishing something in my life:P

Another one of my dolls I recieved the day after my beloved dog died. I had decided to wait with the boxopening until after the cremation 4 days later, but when he arrived I just had to open him right away and I haven't regretted it, it was a comfort more than anything else^^.

13. I actually did this several times.

- just this morning i went to the postoffice, after which i went to visit someone who is very important to me who is in hosiptal and very ill (cancer).
      I felt so sad, It was hours after i came home i realised, o, there is a new tiny in my bag!

- with my wedding gift, i got a doll as a wedding gift.

- my IHS I arrived 1-2 days before my birthday, since i wasnt expecting much gifts from other people, i decided to wait till my birthday to debox her.

14. Hah...I'm doing it right now. :( My Dollzone Kay arrived yesterday, and the box is sitting next to me...but I haven't opened it yet because my best friend (and the owner of the little one's 'Daddy') needs to be here too. Hopefully tomorrow... *sighs at the box longingly*

15. I had my Elf El 06 arrive the day after my grandmother passed away. I opened him right up and got to go to a doll meet while my parents worked out the funeral details. I also think she had a hand in getting him to me so quickly since he shipped the day before she passed away.

16. I planned on postponing my most recent which arrived on Friday until Monday, my birthday, but of course that didn't happen. I postponed it about an hour and then I couldn't wait any longer.

17. No, I have to check if everything is all right, and nothing got broken. Usually the company policies is 7 days after you got the package.

My first doll, I opened the box and check everything before leaving him sitting in the box for a month, because I was sick, but I checked him first.

18. No, i must say .. whatever has happened ..the idea of opening a doll would only improve my day ...so i have always opened them ( unless they were a present in advance ) when i have received them .

19. For me, I can't cause I don't have the patient to wait as well. But if for example, like clothes or shoes or other stuff but not doll, I can wait till either my birthday or when I am free only open. LOOL... The longest I could hold myself was like half day or 1 day. Was working so early day the package arrived, I can't do anything except to wait till I am home then I will be like opening the box and tearing the bubbles wraps away like a mad lady. xD

20. I'm soooo impatient... I know exactly when the post man comes to my house. If he's late, I track him down. If I have somewhere to be I open them in the car with me :sweat and then take them, faceup or not, naked or dressed, along with me wherever it is that I'm going... Heheh.
      ~Pandora~