1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Have you ever postponed a box opening ?

Oct 26, 2009

1. I have zero willpower when I receive a package. It may be yarn, a doll, accessories or anything and I am compelled to open it. I received a ring that I had ordered the day after my younger brother died suddenly and I call it my "Will" (his name) ring. I think of him in a good way when I wear it.

2. when i get my msd i want to wait til my niece is here so she can see

3. i don't think i can wait to open a box longer than a couple of hours LOL unless there is any major problem

4. If I was having a bad experience, having a box opening would lift my spirits instead, rather than put a bad impression on the doll. :)

5. Not me! can't resist shiny doll boxes! excitement and curiosity pushes me to grab the cutter and slash it down! ^___^
      actually, one of my doll came when I am at school doing some reports but I rushed home when my cousin texted me that a box came! and the second box arrival, I had an examination and it really affected me, it delayed my study hours haha!

6. I'm having to postpone a box opening right now, as I've had her delivered to work, and I'm going to stay with my chap this evening so can't take her home. I won't resent the doll for this, but I might resent him :XD: lol

7. The truth is I've never postponed any case open, and that they have sometimes been in a very bad time, even'm considering selling a head because when I look so poor I remember the day in which I arrive, though still not finished fit what he wanted.

8. I would NEVER be able to!! Even if it was a Christmas present, I would just beg to open it and then rewrap it or something xD I am toooooo impatient!

9. I haven't had this happen, but I imagine I would see the doll as something that could potentially cheer me up during hard times, rather than something the hard times could ruin for me.

10. I don't think I could ever do it! I would explode with excitement and curiosity. I know I open the packages containing my Christmas presents because my mom has no idea how they're supposed to look or what they are, so I Have to check if they're incorrect or damaged. I would die if I didn't know.

11. Never have been able to accomplish this. Gotta rip into that pkg the minute it arrives!

12. I haven't postponed a box opening for more than a few hours. Most recently we decided we wanted celebratory snacks and needed a few things from the store anyway, so we left the box at home and went to Walmart to make sure we were ready. Even if I'd intended a doll as a gift for myself, I'd probably still open it when it arrived if only to check and make sure they were ok. You only get so long to report breaks or missing items so I'd probably allow myself at least that much.

I have, however, undressed, re-bubblewrapped and re-boxed a doll that had arrived under bad circumstances (it was the wrong doll), and reopened the box happily to clear any bad residual feelings that might have attached themselves to the doll. I did this after the company told me to keep the wrong doll of course.

13. I just would not be able to restrain myself. I've tried to slow down enough to take pictures of box openings, but...yeah, too excited and fangirly. :D Pretty much anything that comes in the mail for me brightens my day, and who can't use some of that?

14. I don't think I ever had a formal box opening, I do enjoy seeing others.
      My version of a 'box opening' is ripping the box open either in the Post Office or in the car.

I don't think having something bad happen in my life would change the way I view my dolls, might ease the pain in any case!

15. I haven't done this yet. Because so far I only have one doll. But if I got a doll when I was sick, or really tired, or just got back from a long trip, I would definitely wait. I really want to enjoy the box openings, not have it ruined by sickness or tiredness.

16. Yes, I have. The doll was a Christmas gift, but she arrived in November. My mother did open her before me to check for damages, then boxed her up again until the 25th.

17. Postpone opening a doll box?? Not EVER. Not even to pee.

What if the world ended and you never got to see that cute little face?

I suggest ripping into any doll box that even remotely looks as if it might be addressed to you. Better safe than sorry.

18. the last doll that I got I had to wait 4 hours for a ride to the post office then my boyfriend made me wait an extra hour so he could run to the store and get dinner that hour was the longest hour of my life I kept pacing, looking out my window waiting for him until I finally called my sister to whine at her she just laughed at me *sigh* when I finally got to open her I was so happy and I got to share it with my boyfriend although I don't think he was impressed oh well

19. when i recieved my Souldoll Kanguk i waited around 3 hours before i opened, since i had decided i would first open the package when i had arrived by a friend who held a mini meet up XD That way i shared my joy for my boy with 3 other people. ^-^

20. Im considering doing that, I'm expecting 2 littlefees in the next couple days, and i just foud out my baby nephew has cancer and is really sick, DOA is one thing I use to distract myself, and a new doll might be a kind of pick-me-up, but I havent decided If it will be too connected with my current situation