1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Have you ever postponed a box opening ?

Oct 26, 2009

1. With work, and a busted camera, I waited until I could borrow my sister-friends to get photos of Blair getting Ti out of his box. It was well worth it, and even the several days wasn't enough time for his clothes to get here for him to not be borrowing other dolly's things.

2. Never, nerves me kill. My sister and I opened one of the boxes in full street xD

3. One of my dolls came in when I was at the boyfriend's house so my mom signed for it and left it in my room. When I came home, it was far too late and dark to take photos so I practiced some patience and waited. The next day, I had a lot of work to do and once again restrained myself.... though later that day I peeked promising myself it was just to check to make sure everything was there and ok!I looked to make sure everything was there and pristine and immediately returned her to the box. I didn't even allow more then a "Omg, she's gorgeous."

Then finally the next day, I did the whole box opening! It was one of the hardest things I've ever done (that I didn't HAVE to do) but I feel that I'm pretty good at patience and self control so I knew I could handle it. I'm glad I waited and did the whole box opening - picture taking thing but I'm not sure if I would force myself to wait ever again ^_~

4. I've never done this myself because I was lucky enough to have received all of my dolls during normal days, though this is something I would definitly see myself doing if I was put in the situation, it's not as serious but I plan to postpone my doll's box opening until I can be home alone so I can do a box opening video without distractions and noises. If I wait a month or two for a doll, it doesn't bother me to the point of destruction to wait another few hours or a couple of days. :) Though, if something did happen and it wasn't going to be resolved for a month or so I would open the doll sooner than later...

5. I am most likely going to be postponing my Zaoll Dreaming Luv's box opening at this point. Dollmore's running late and my condo's closing date is fast approaching. I simply won't have time to mess around with her, as I'll be moving and renovating. Probably safer to just leave her in her box till I'm settled. I'd rather not remember her as the doll I got while I was busy renovating my first home, going to school full time and working a full time job. She'll be my extra special housewarming gift.

6. I just feel like box openings aren't important enough to deny myself the immediate joy lol. We all skip past the photos of the box and go directly to the pictures of the doll anyway.

7. A lot of people are talking about postponing for mild things like dead camera batteries or being in an inconvenient place and time; but the OP asked if you would postpone a box opening because the doll came in the middle of a bad time (i.e. after a death or bad breakup) to avoid associating those bad feelings with the doll, so I'm going to answer with that in mind;
      Goodness no! If anything the doll would make me feel better! I always feel ecstatic when opening a new doll, it would be such a pick-me-up to recieve one when something bad is happening... I mean, if I ended up hating the doll or something was wrong with it, then it would make me feel much worse, but so far I've only ever been very happy with my dolls~

8. I'm petty sure that a "bad time" is up to the interpretation of the poster at this point. There's tons of times when abandoning a situation to open a doll would be impractical or wrong to someone, but those times aren't necessarily the same for everyone. What might seem mild to someone could be something very important to another. ^^;

9. Nope! I just couldn't wait!

10. i postponed opening my boy cause he was my birthday/christmas present this year. he was in when i was home for Thanksgiving break and it was really tempting. In the end though I'm glad I held off cause opening him christmas morning was so much fun ^_^ I just wish I had gotten pictures.

11. I usually wait a few hours for my boyfriend to get home from work so we can film the box opening. If I had to wait an entire day though...forget it haha.

12. For Rika I got her head first, then her body a month or so later. I opened the head right away when I got it, but I didn't post pictures here right away as IMO it would've been awkward to post an opening for just a head, so I waited until I had both her head and her body to post pics.

13. I can't put it off outside of being at work or out when they arrive. Opening a doll brings me joy, so if I'm having a terrible day, opening them helps to cheer me up. :)

14. I've postponed for a few days at times if I am crazy buried in work. I actually feel bad about this mostly because I should check more promptly for damage than anything else, which may be very unsentimental of me, but it's how things go 'round here. ;)

15. I don't think I could postpone a box opening even if I had a crappy day, it would cheer me up immensely! One exception would be a death in the family; if that happened, I wouldn't even be in the mood to open it until I had proper greaving time.

16. Only when I don't have time to take the box home on my lunch-hour & open it immediately right then! I always receive packages at work, so if I have time, I run right home & open the box to check that everything's OK. But if I'm having a heavy workday, then that big box has to sit there, tempting me, in my cubicle for the rest of the day. So it's not a voluntary postponement, & it's no more than a few extra hours-- but to me it's agony enough. ^^

Otherwise no, I never postpone openings. If there's anything wrong with the doll, or with the items in the order, it's important to report it immediately.... gives you the best chance of getting something done about it. If you wait until a bereavement or breakup pain fades, you could be waiting for months, & then it'd be hard/impossible to get any problems fixed.

I personally wouldn't tend to tie the doll to the "bad event", anyway. The doll arrives when it arrives, just like a birth or adoption or wedding or new-roommate situation... if it moves in during a turmoil period, then so be it. It's part of my life, after all, for good or ill.

17. lol I couldn't if I tried! :)

18. With Saito, I waited till next day for his 'official' boxopening as we were expecting company. Shooting the entire story took over an hour I think, perhaps longer like 2 hours. If you look up the thread, there are a lot of pics ;)

19. Only when I knew it was just an add-on to something else. (yes, it's a body. Know what to expect, it's the same as this other body over here). A whole doll? in my house?? surely you jest :D Three rabid doll collectors and three cats waiting eagerly for the exterior box ("Box! IN!"). Doesn't work. ;)

20. I only did it once and that was cos I was late for a game of Mahjong at my friend's place. I didnt get to open him but I brought the entire box to my friend's place just so he can be near me. I was too dead tired by the time the game ended but I opened him the very next day after work! lol. My impatience just doesnt allow me to postpone.