1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Have you made provisions for your dolls if you die?

May 15, 2005

1. Oh god! That'd be even worse! Not only would my little sister and I have been deprived sleep, but that creepy little thing (obviously, I think most dolls are creepy unless they're dollfies. XD. BJDs. XD.) would've been able to watch me change my clothes! O_O!

2. Watch me. XD.

3. Ditto~! ^.~

Not like anyone I know would really want any of my weird stuff anyway...

4. I'd always planned to arrange to have my dolls buried with me in sealed little chambers of their own to preserve their beauty, that way they could be dug up potentially far into the future and make cool museum pieces or something.

5. Now that's a good idea! Who knows, maybe 2,000 years from now one of us could be the next "King Tut" exhibit.

6. I call dibs on title 'Queen Geek'. XD. *waggles brows*

7. Well if I had someone at my time of death who I know would take care of them and love them as much as I did I would leave them to that person. Since I know that is very unlikely I'd probably have them laid to rest on either side of my vase box of ashes is a cusioned box like coffin as my guardians.

8. Eh, if I die before I have kids, I'll leave my Kiyoshi to Kai Nimura. :grin:

If not, they will go to daughters if I have them...I hope I have a girl (or boy) that likes dollies.

9. I would hand them over to my best friend because she ADORES them and I trust her with all my heart. I know she'll be able to take care of my boys well and let their spirits live on. I know I'm crazy, but I wouldn't want to bury them with me... because I feel that they have their own soul and spirit.. I'd feel like I'm burying someone alive with me.. ^_^; (Very, very sorry if this is offensive to anyone, it's not intentional! >_<)

10. I think I shall take mines to the grave
      Helios: Ah hell no you better not! :|
      Me: ok ok I'll give them to my kid if I ever have one
      Helios: on seconded thought I think I will come with you

I think I would give my Doll(s) to someoe who would love them as much as I do.

11. Make sure they are sold for the best price possible and have the proceeds go to a good cause.

I would probably do the same with their clothes and shoes and accessories...although clothing I made by hand I would probably leave as gifts to family and friends.

I highly doubt things like these will matter to me once I'm dead, so they may as well go to a useful purpose. :)

12. My stuff will go to my daughters...my 9 year old already enjoys collecting with me now.

13. When i die...i'll turn into one of them...or atleast let my soul live in their earthly resin shells...X_X

ah...ok...haha i think they'll be my heirlooms and i'll give them to my daughters if i have daughters and they should be pass down all the way to my last generation. :crushed I just hope they don't get ignored or mistreated..and i hope they do not grieve over me.

14. I plan on being around for many more decades, so if my kids haven't decomposed into piles of yellowish resin dust by then (do we know what the long term aging process of resin really is?), I will give them to deserving younger collectors, hopefully keeping the couples together.

15. :cry:
      i don't wanna die!!!!!!!!!!!!!

but if i do and before my sis, i'll give them to her. if after my sis, i'll give them to my children (if i have any). and if after my sis and i have no children, they'll have to come with me. but then again, i want to be cremated! and like setsuna says, won't they produce harmful fumes that'll kill anyone who attends my cremation??!

i really hate the thought of dying.. :crushed

16. Well, the whole being buried with your doll logic, for me, comes with the idea that some dolls you put so much energy and life into, that after you're gone, you being their 'supplier' of energy, (yeah, I know I sound like some crazy granola nut. XD.) they'd just be dead too, in a way. In either case, I think that your doll becomes so much a part of you that you, in time, become so much a part of them. Without you, they're just not the same, and they're missing a whole chunk of their lives. And, if I were a doll, that'd kill me. Y'know?

I'm also considering what the doll would want, though, if they died... (okay, now I know I'm crazy. XDDDD.)

17. This is kind of a sad thread. I hate the thought that I'd ever leave my dolls behind. I'd feel terrible. My darlings! :(

I think it depends on if any of my close friends and associates outlived me or not. I don't plan on having any kids, and I wouldn't want to just give them to anyone. They would have to go to someone who would know how much they meant to me during my lifetime.

If no such person remained, I'd probably donate them all to a doll museum of some sort to be put on display where other people could admire and enjoy them. I wouldn't want to bury them with me or anything like that, mostly because their souls will be with me, anyway, and I wouldn't want to destroy the bodies that I fell in love with. I'd rather they continued to exist just as regular dolls, just as pretty things so future generations could appreciate them, too.

~Kalmia

18. Well, if you cremate the doll, it'd be a great way to get back at your enemies.

19. I don't want to be buried (I want to be cremated), so I wouldn't want my doll to be buried either. I think I would will Jaede to someone close to me who could take care of him. My best friend, sister, daughter, niece or something. Someone who will appreciate him as much as I have.

20. I favor cremation myself ... perhaps I could use her body as my urn? She'd be nice & decorative sitting on the mantle!