1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Have you made provisions for your dolls if you die?

May 15, 2005

1. I would so not have Kel buried/burned with me. :( If I didn't outlast me mum, I'd give him to her with a message that she has to take care of him. 'Cause she loves him like he's a grandkid. (Well, I -did- tell her that he's all the grandkid she's going to get from me for a long time...)

...Now I'm all sad... :(

2. Hopefully, I won't die for another 40 years or so. But anyway, I don't care what happens to any of my possessions after my death. If I still have dolls at the moment I die (which is quite probable) they will go with all my stuff to my husband if he survives me, else to my daughter.

3. I would like to think that when I die, my lover and I will have had a girl - and she will lovingly take care of Doli and continue to love him. If not - I would instruct someone to auction off my boy to a loving member of DOA in order to raise money for my funeral (since my family is kinda tight on money at the moment).

4. I've actually worried about this a lot lately, because I recently decided that I wouldn't be a good parent and thus wouldn't trust myself to have kids. XD
      But... I've always wanted to pass my hobbies and books and everything on to children... maybe a niece or somesuch. *sigh*

5. Good idea...

unfortunately i can't be cremated. infact dolls aren't allowed in my religion...bweh i break so many rules...and yea if i die so does my dolls. they will seem a more lifeless after i'm dead and rotting. It'll definately be passdown to my children or someone worthy as i can't be buried with them either. how sad. T_T :cry: [/quote]

6. *makes note to not accept unsealed candy from splynterhayde...* Other than that, I doubt i'm dying any time soon, i'm 19...however, when i get around to that whole being old and making a will thing, i'll take into account your request ^_~ *laughs*

7. An idea that Djinn and I would love to realise - at least, I would - is to own a little plot of land, with a nice house or something, and turn it into an SD museum, with all our SD outfits, our SD and all displayed well by the time I'm old and near-dying. XDD I'll be at the place, rearranging and playing with our SDs and being the old cleaner lady until Djinn and I both die, before that, we'll make sure all our dolls are displayed naturally, beautifully, make sure Seishurou and Tsukisou are forever beautifully enclosed in glass in the first scenario and pose that Djinn ever drew them in [they were from a series of hers, and the first picture she drew of them was always so striking in our minds], make sure all our dolls are also that way, pass the museum on to someone I trust and know will keep the mini museum [aw heck, display house XD] there, and so our dolls will be enshrined in beauty and picture perfectness forever. XDDD

I was thinking it would be nice to make it the Singaporean SD house, so that all the Singaporean SDs would be taken care of. But of course, I don't know if we can do that! Don't take my word for it!

That's the tentative plan for all of tangled web's dolls for now. XDD

Djinn and I can't imagine passing on our dolls to other people, nor selling them - because it would pain us so for people to erase them fully of Seishurou and Tsukisou, or Ruka or Si Ye and all of the character in our dolls, their faceups, their personality and all. No one else will know them as well as we do, no one else would characterise them, nor treat or feel for them like we do because of course - we owned them. XDD So I'd rather leave our site up forever, and leave them beautiful forever. XD

8. hmm if it did happen...lol i think all the "dying" Singaporean dollfie owners would put their beloved dollfies in your museum. I would definately put my boys there to be immortalized and not forgotten. ^_^ a special singaporean dollfie museum . :)

9. Each one of my dolls has their own "box" which all of their individual goodies, clothes etc in them. The boxs are marked as to who they belong to.

I have written up sheets on each doll, outlining what their value is, along with their clothes etc. And, I would want them to be sold if I die, along with their goodies, to the highest bidder who would appreciate them.

My feeling is why shouldn't someone else, who loves these type of dolls have the chance to enjoy them to?

10. lol.. tt would be great! all the old and dying sg bjd owners would love you so much for tt! i would love to put my dolls there too!

11. I plan to give the choice to a very very few of my best friends. My idea is to let them each choose one of my dolls to keep if they want. The remaining dolls, I would have for my husband to sell. I love my husband very much, and imagine, hopefully, by the time I die, we'd have children, and my family might need that money. So my beloved dolls could help them, and that would make me happy. (and whoever buys them would be happy too!)

12. hmm.... I think i would have Leknaat pose for a Headstone. Make her an angel. That way she's with me. (then perhaps have someone place a voodoo curse so vandels get what they deserve if they destroy my grave stone.... :wink: ) I was thinking about keeping them with me always. But if in the unlikly event i get married i suppose i would have to give something to my children. :roll:

But if you live in New orleans dont you have the crypts as apposed to graves casue of the water level or something like that? I know i heard it had to do with water..... Well. If i was in one of those small coffen rooms i would make little coffens and have the dolls in them.

13. Give it to one of my relatives, like a niece or a sister. I don't think I'm going to have kids, so I don't have that option. :oops:

I might give it to one of my best buddies too, like to Totchi, since she has the Bee-A anyways.

Never really thought about it til this topic came up.

Klaus : Thank god the option of burying me with you didn't come up. Being buried "alive" doesn't sound fun to me...

Does resin decompose at all? Like after a really long time?

14. This topic makes me laugh since I asked my husband this past weekend what he would do with my dolls if died. First he told me I was being morbid, then he said, "I'd sell them," and got THE GLARE OF DEATH.

Later on we established that they would go to my mother, aunt and grandmother. He can sell my Pullips from the get-go, but I'd like the BJDs to stay in the family with people who will love and care for them.

15. hmmm I think Id give Edward & Dillui to my life long friend...and Ichabod & Bee can go to my sister...

16. If I have a child or family member who would love and take care of Victoria then I'd give her to him/her. But if not then I'm going to leave the fate of Victoria and all of my fashion dolls to my sisters. I've spoke with them a little about this, and we are thinking that selling my dolls and then giving to money to charity would be a good idea. The only 'toy' that will be going with me is my Care Bear Love-A-Lot, she will be cremated with me. She has slept beside me every night since my 5th birthday, I can't imagine not having her next to me.

17. i'll probably give them to my two younger brothers - i have two dolls, so my brothers can have one each. :oops: but that's assuming i pass on before they do... otherwise i think i'll leave my dolls as a sort of family heirloom i guess, i really can't bear the thought of them being cremated or buried with me. :(

haha, mae's idea is a brilliant one though! if it ever materializes, that's where my two darlings will be going.

this is such a sombre topic... :(

18. No question - I know my daughters would claim them, and would not be pleased if I suggested otherwise. ^^

However, I can't really predict where either I OR any BJDs I have will be in what will hopefully be at least 60 years from now or preferably more... :p :p

19. mine will be burried with me damnit! XD... eaither that or they will be given to my children if they deserve them and dont sell them. and when i die... if they are not in my casset with me... I WILL haunt the person responsible for it.

20. My dolls would go to my doll-loving friends (Inkwraith, Silensy, Ohani), should I die before them, although my mum and stepdad get dibs on any they'd like to keep to remind them of me.

I would like to be buried (or cremated, whatever) with a picture of all of them, though. And I'd like my friends and family to maintain a memorial website for me with all of my best doll pictures on it.

~Tara