1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Have you made provisions for your dolls if you die?

May 15, 2005

1. I've left a list of my dolls, their descriptions and their prices in my 'important information' folder and tell my DH to get in touch with one of my dolly contacts for advice on selling. If I didn't, I know that he'd just take them all down to the charity shop where they'd sell for £1 a time (he still thinks that this is a relatively inexpensive hobby!)

2. Being 18... no, not really. I have thought about what were to happen to my animals if anything were to suddenly happen (family is terrified of reptiles so they don't want them) and the cremates of one of my animals. But not the dolls, if at all possible I'd love to have Marcus (and any future dolls) given away to someone new in the hobby who like me, doesn't have the kind of money for the big fancy and new dolls.

3. I'm only 20, so I never really considered it. Ah, us young'uns, so young we don't even realize our own mortality. xD

I don't know what would happen to my dolls. I don't know anyone who would be capable of taking care of them. Then again, if they were to be sold or something, none of my family would know what they were doing with that either. D: Oh damn, I guess I really need to think about this.

4. Hm, I'd never really thought about it before now. I think I'd let my mom decide if she wanted to keep any for sentimental purposes.

Then I'm kind of torn. On the one hand, I'd like to just will them to my dollie friends. On the other hand though, it might be more practical to have my parents sell them off so that the money from selling them could go to taking care of my pets.

But either way, I don't think I really want to think about it. ):

5. my current thoughts are that when I die, any dolls that are not being kept by my mum (unless shes dead too) will go to people who want a doll but can't afford to own one. I used to think I'd have one buried with me, but I'm starting to think thats a waste and that they should go to good homes instead.

But hopefully I'm not about to die anytime soon!!

6. I haven't really written anything down about my dolls but I've played with 3 different ideas

1) I dont care and my parents or whoever it is incharge does whatever they want with them. I'll be dead, I wont care.
      2) I keep a list of who I'd send what dolls do, and basically divide them between my doll friends. However, to be honest, if it were me on the other side... I Would not want my dead friend's doll... It would make me way too sad.
      3) have them auctioned off on ebay by who's in charge and then that money goes to either my children (if I have them when I die, I'm only 22 at the moment) or the money gets donated to charities supporting the arts in grade schools :)

7. I'm 58 and my health isn't too good. I don't expect to be really old - although I do aim for 75 at least. Still I'm often thinking about it.

Some of my dolls will go to some dear friends of mine and the rest will probably be sold. I can't imagen my son keeping any of them. I really should get the list of what to do with each doll finished. As well as finish writing other instructions.

I'm actually feeling a little ashamed about not having done it a long time ago. I mean no matter your age things can happen. People are hit by cars or some maniac starts shooting innocent young people. :(

Dustbunnie

8. My dolls would be given to my very loyal and trustworthy friend. She will be given instructions to give one of them to my sister if my sister requests it and to otherwise take care of them and never sell them.

9. Dustbunnies not feel ashamed. Usually nobody think about the dead, only when we are too old.
      I am very young, 22 years old, so I have not thought about it. I think I will leave my dolls someone to love them.

10. I actually thought about this again a day or two ago. Still want my parents to hold on to them - and I think they would even if I never specified it; most likely because they're so expensive.

I doubt any of our requests would hold up in court, though; especially if someone requested this 10 pages ago. And how would they get to it, anyway - unless you had a friend or a sibling who knew where to find your request... But then, it's not notarized, so I doubt that.

11. >,> really surprised how many people want their dolls buried with them. As for me, a doll isn't meant to be forgotten, they're meant to be seen and loved so based on what age I die...

If i die before sorta young (like not super old natural death), my dolls will be passed on to my friend who is in the same hobby. And friends if I find more people with this hobby. Also even though I'm not ever planning on getting married and having kids, if I do end up doing that, I will pass some dolls onto the kids.

I could never have my doll buried with me, it feels sad. Dolls are meant to be loved, not buried underground in the dark with a corpse o,o

***EDIT*** The funny thing is, a lot of people haven't thought about it yet XD although I myself am only 16, I've actually written out my Will of personal belongings distribution already XDDD And im in perfect health too.

12. I don't think I would have my dolls buried with me either. To me, they are in a sense immortal and forever beautiful. I wouldn't want them to be soiled underground with my decaying body, especially after spending so much time to get them to be perfect. The stories they hold and the joy they bring should be passed on to someone who would care about them as much as I do and will continue on their legacy as they evolve in their stories.

Currently, if I were to die soon, I would pass them onto my friend who doesn't have the money to obtain even one for herself. I know she would take care of them well. Though in the long run and if I live till I'm old, that would probably change. If that is the case, I don't know who I would pass them to. I would gladly pass them onto someone outside the family than to a son/daughter that could care less about them, that's for sure.