1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Have you made provisions for your dolls if you die?

May 15, 2005

1. :x I'd give my boys to Kiya, because I know that she would take good care of them and write pretty backstories for them and such. I'd maybe save one for Fyredancer and her family because then I could say I had a famous doll >D;

::dork:: <<

2. I'm hoping that my dolls will be passed from one generation to the next. I have a son, and I desperately hope he has a daughter when he's grown (he's only 5, so um...LOL) so I have someone to leave them to. If he doesn't have a kid (or, if he doesn't have a girl), I will still leave them to him, to hopefully keep and pass on to his grandkids etc...I would like to think that there will be an "everlasting" legacy with my dolls. I'm hopeful that generations from now, my relatives will be able to see my dolls and perhaps one of them will love them as much as I did. =)

Here's to hoping MSC and airbrushed aesthetics will last that long. LOL!

3. Well, if anytime soon, I want Mike and Kyo to go to Deadstar. And Luke could be sold. But I dunno after that.

4. Mine will not go to family. No way, no how. If they had to go to family, I'd want them to go to my cousin Jenny; she's an artist so she might appreciate them, but I can't imagine any of my other relatives appreciating the value, or if they did, it wouldn't be in a good way. I'd rather leave them to my best friend or her daughter, if they wanted them, or have them sold to someone who would love them.

However, I'd make it a requirement that their face-ups, tattoos and piercings would have to be removed, no matter where they go. They're my boys, and nobody else's. I'd want the next owner to create their own characters that they'd love the way I love mine now.

5. Hmmm... I'm sure my dolls would be taken care of even if I didn't leave instructions. If I die soon, I'd only have Purin and maybe one other, and I know that my mother would automatically keep the doll(s) to remember her young daughter. That, and even though my boyfriend lives far away, he'd be devastated if mom sold Purin ^_^;; More upset than me even!

If I die while living with my boyfriend/fiance/husband (depending on when in the timeline of my life I kick the bucket), he'd probably do the same as my mother. Keep my dolls around in my memory because he's sentimental and clingy like that. Whether they'd go to my children... no clue. Depends, really. That'd be up to my husband, and as my boyfriend now, I'd trust his judgement even from the grave. I know Neil anyway, he's a nerdy collector of things, so they'd be taken care of ^_^

6. If I were to die, like, tomorrow -- *knock on wood* -- I'd want my Mum to keep Ichiiro, along with the rest of my most prized posessions. I doubt she'd sell him. He wouldn't get played with, but I'd still want her to have him.

In the future -- I dunno, really. I don't plan on having any children -- *knock on wood, again* -- so I suppose I'd want him to go to one of my friends' kids, or my little sister's kids, or something. Or maybe in a museum, wearing his nicest wig & outfit.

7. I suppose if one of my better friends decides to spawn, it's always a possibility that I could will the stuff to them. It's a lot harder to decide things like that--money I'd definitely leave to some "good cause" or research institute or something. But they wouldn't have much use for expensive dolls ...

I'll just have to become famous enough in my lifetime that all my stuff is put in a museum, I guess.

8. i would probably give my dolls to my mom. or if i live awhile i would give them to my future daughters. i think my family has to many family heirlooms

9. heck, i'd send my dollies over and i'm quite far from Singapore! :lol:

heheh this thread amuses me.. in a morbid way XD;;

10. If now? My mom would get my dolly. She loves to huggle her, knows how to sew and knit, and generally thinks of Iglen as being the best doll in the world. Come on, what more can I ask?

If... at some semi-regular age, I'd definetly not have Iglen buried with me, as... I demand to be cremated. No flesh-eating worms for me. I guess she'd be passed down to family, but I'd definetly include a point that they may -not- sell her.. in fact, if she gets terribly destroyed, I'd have them give her a funeral. Of course, right now, I do hope it's MUCH too early to even think about such things.

11. I don't want mine buried with me, they can "live on" even though I'm gone. I haven't really thought about it but I would name to whom I wish them to go, and I would hope that if THAT person didn't want the doll, that they would pass her on to the next person on the list. I don't want to see them sold either, I'd rather they went to somebody who knew me.

12. when I die, my dolls will prolly get passed along with my grandma's doll that we have. my brother would prolly take pretty good care of them (considering how much jewelry he's tried to make for them) on the other hand I would be happy if my child or grandchild got them and could keep passing them on. the one doll is about 75 years old and could teach mine alot....

13. Mine shall be mummified and placed within my crypt, not unlike all of my cockroach minions that reside within the depths of my kitchen.

Or willed to someone, or something.

14. Hm, I had this same question asked by my grandma yesterday when I took my new girl (CH unique Soye) to have dinner with my family. My grandma thought she was a very pretty doll and said that she must have costed me a lot..I told her only $200 (because otherwise she will literally kill me right there one the spot). She said that is too much for a doll and what am I gonna do with all of my dolls when I die.

She got me thinking and honestly at this point, I have no idea. I might have to give them to my hubby (my family is deadly scared of my dolls :| ) or have him sell them for me to someone here so I know they will be loved.

15. I'm giving them to my sister. I'm giving everything to my sister. :grin:

16. I'm taking them with me, damn it. XD My coffin will be huge because it will contain seven little 2-foot-long coffins. :lol: That or they can just tuck them in around me. X3

17. My Mutti (if she outlives me) gets Finn Lasair and Leeda. And Zephira will go to my best friend Michele. Adrien will go to my sister, since it is her late son that he is named after. I'm not leaving any doll with my husband, lol. I had to arm wrestle him into submission to make him promise not to give away my cat!!

If my dolls can't go to those people, then I would want them sold to DoA folks where I know they will be loved and appreciated.

18. i'd bury mine with me. like egyptians - they had freaking armies and boats and CATS with them in their graves. so i think a doll in mine wouldn't be that bad. ^^ or, if i had chilren, i might give it to them... but that'd be pretty unlikely. i'd be scared of them being sold outta the family ( the dolls, not the kids *_* ) for quick cash.

19. Hmm, to be honest, I don't know.

I wouldn't take them with me to the grave. No point in that really IMO. But I'm not sure who I'd leave them with :( None of my familymembers or friends seem interested in dolls.

20. Hah.
      Probably my best friend. She adores Cinthe. XD