1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Have you made provisions for your dolls if you die?

May 15, 2005

1. Since I don't plan on marriage or children, I'd probably give it to a close friend or someone I know would appreciate them.

2. Did anyone ever read the comic "Doll", by Mitsukaz Mihara? The first chapter?
      A woman owned a doll, and he was the only thing that ever cared for her. Her family was trash. One day the woman died, and the children were given the doll as inheritence. They wanted nothing to do with it, so they had the doll cremated with their mother.
      Turns out, they could only get their inheritence if they had the doll in their posession and took care of him. ;3

Ah~ I don't even want to THINK of what I would have to do with my kids in that event. I would hope that if I go before my parents, that they would either bury them with me, or that they would keep them to remember me by.

3. two of the dolls will resemble myself and my partner.

They will carry the wigs form our own hair (its amazing it works!) and share the exact colour of our eyes and wear the clothes we commonly wear that we like of each others (he has a black faded phantom top with blue washed denim billabong jeans i want to replicate.

And we will pass them down together (they will not be seperated :evil:) and make them a family heirloom..w00t....that way if anyone wants to play the sinblings will have to bond and take care of each other and stuff... yay

and not be permitted to sell them.... or seperate them at all costs; if they need to give them up, they will go to the next :in line: in terms of lineage... or something like that. Left in our favourite sanctuary together, hidden away where no one will dig them up..like some secret tomb way. I could picture it being like discovering atlantis only smaller and more green and forresty. ... Still holding handsss.

The other dolls will go to respective people who wish to continue the story and will be used to upkeep us!..face up and all! ..hyah! like a mini temple shrine with the gods of their religion and our photos...incense can go out of harm's way and stuff... along with plates of my favourite meal; peking duck and dessert; strawberry panfruit from yoyogi...and he will have...O.o... i dont know... i'll make them do latvian liverwurst and rolmops :: shudder::

And the people can take photos and make stories and put them online...

our legacy will continueeeeee

I'm such a dreamer ....

especially since i've requested that i want to be buried WITH my partner in the same coffin (to fit us both) . I want to die together so they can rest me in his arms like the sleeping position which looks ever so peaceful... and if we die seperately (which is forbid :evil:) then we'll be in the coffin accomodating us both, lyingnext to each other with the latter one to die's hand on the former's hand... i have it all worked out... i'm horrible.

Might even buy a duplicate doll couple to sit or lie holding hands with us...holding hands together like we would in the grave.... it would be a sweet concept, wouldn't it? (i don't find it creepy and if you do... then... O.o.. you're norm!)

EDIT: and i'll have the classical wedding song;
      playing everytime a family dinner comes. Yes. technology will be so advanced i'll IMPLANT them in the dolls.. they won't be able to play the song properly without each other :evil:

4. I wrote a will out and I know that some of my possessions (dolls) will be given to dear family members and friends...and it will be their wish to do whatever they want with my gifts of celebrating the cycle of life and death...

I however, requested for a photo album of my family/friends/dolls/favourite things to be tored into little pieces and mixed them with my ashes ...as these pics will represent what made my life so vibrant in the first place...I also would like my ashes and those little colourful pieces to be placed in a clear bottle... and placed where my ashes can be considered as "Weird Auntie Sam" 's bottled legacy to my family's future generations and after....( hee hee... I grant little wishes XD)

I hope I haven't spooked anyone out... :oops:

5. If I die before I'm... well, okay...

my parents will probably get them. They probably won't do anything with them, just keep them in my room--and my mom would probably look at them from time to time.
      If I die when I'm well and old, they'll probably be handed down to someone who will care for them--either a friend or relative. Hopefully I'll have a family...
      What I really want when I die is to be able to come back to the human world for a few seconds and steal my dolls and take them with me. :D And when I'm in heaven, I'd like to be able to get all the dolls I ever wanted in huge living form. Hehehe.

6. Oh god i'd hope not..i'd feel ugly and imperfect around them.

That..and i'd feel weird with my partner up there knowing a set of dolls ressembling my partner and i are there too walking around in wigs that come from OUR hair! . :: creeepy ::

7. Interesting this subject ! I Think i will put my important thing in a timecapsule, so when it´s found, perhaps thóusand year after my death, the people that lives then may wonder what it was used for ! :lol: :roll:

8. I don't want my dolls to be burried with me. I want them to be given away (not sold) to people i know will love them.

9. THEY WILL BE RESURRECTED AS TINY LITTLE ZOMBIES TO CARRY ON MY REIGN OF NOTHING IN PARTICULAR.

And me, I'll be cremated, and cheerin' them on from my little urn.

Actually, I'd like to be a zombie, too. And go to a Dolpa. And be like "Braaaaaaaaaaaaains 8O..."

10. I'm going to be cremated.

If I die before my mother, I'll be leaving him with her, she's odly fond of the little nutter.

Otherwise, I'll probably leave him to one of my friends, like chibinezu or washipuppy/

11. For some reason, I think I'll die without having children, but my sister will have oodles of them, and I'll give my dolls to them.

12. Victor would be shipped off to Ashbet (so he could be w/ Aislinn), but in return she would have to put the rest of my dolls up for auction on Ebay and make sure my husband got the money to defray funeral costs.

I'd want my dolls to go to new owners that would really love them and not be cooped up in a coffin w/ me :)

13. Kind of a morbid thread, I guess but Aimee's recent post on "Will the bubble burst" has made me curious. Many responses to that post indicate that some people plan to keep their dolls "forever". Have you made (or will you make) provisions for your dolls for after you die? I know there are a lot of young people on this forum and most people don't want to even think about their own mortality, but we all are only here for a time...do you not care what happens to your dolls after you're gone or will you leave them to a friend or relative...or be buried with them?? Tell us your thoughts...

Az

14. I'm older, so I have definitely thought about this subject. I have not made provisions for my dolls in the same way I have for my pets, but I did tell my son not to put my dolls in a garage sale because some are quite valuable. Luckily I have a much younger sister who is a doll collector he can contact to help him sort them out and get the best prices for them (if she doesn't snag a few for herself).

15. Oh... I want to leave him to my grandkids, if I have any, but failing that (there's a very real chance I won't have kids) I guess I'll be buried with him. Or maybe leave him to a dollfie enthusiast friend.

If they're still going, I may have him sent back to Luts so they can look after him in his old age- like a donation thing.

Guess we'll have to see how it goes!

16. When I die (if I die! Muahahahaha) I would either like my family to go on DOA and find them LOVING homes to help pay for my funeral or any other expenses, or if for some reason they dont want to or cant do that, I would either like to be burried with them, or be promised that they will be loved by another family member and cherished as I cherished them.

I DONT want them sold in a garage sale, given to a thrift store, thrown away, given to a small child who has no idea what it is and destory it, etc. I hope that when I die, Ill have a family, and a daughter who will understand how much they ment to me, and will hold onto them and continue to love them.

17. I do need to think about this. I thought I'd leave them to people I know really will love them. I don't want to be buried with one. I thought I'd leave a picture with the name of who they should go to with the people who will handle my estate. Estate. Huh. Who will handle my crappy furniture, meager possesions, and doll stuff. I"m more worried about what will happen to my pets (if I have any at the time I pass away that is) than anything else though.

18. I have for sure. My Nono is to be buried with me. The rest of my sweeties are left to my family. They can either keep them and pass them on or sell them to pay for things.

19. My husband knows each of my dolls, and has a list of their value. I also keep a running list of clothing, who it's for and it's value.

If anything were to happen to me, he would be able to sell the dolls and gear either here, or on ebay. My dolly friends would be given first shot at them though.